[A] A Strange Voice in Shattrath

Moon Guard
An old draenei lay tired wrapped in his own books.

Dreams and omens. Thoughts racing over trying to find a solution to the maddening voice. The old Loremaster knew his people were both blessed by the Light, but also sensitive to the agents of darkness. Fel magic, the power of demons, and the dead all lingered on every draenei's mind.

And yet, his people, the draenei, were affected once more in the hallowed city of Shattrath. No other race could hear the peculiar words whispered. Only the draenei.

"We long to go home. Only now the word is foreign, belonging to a lexicon we haven't spoken in ages."

"We saw them all, in dead gardens, in rotting vales. We thought we were finished, and then? We prayed. We were promised the Light of freedom. Only Darkness has come. We are still waiting."

"They led us here, on our featherlight hooves, told us we would be safe. When we opened our eyes it was not to be. Our brothers and sisters were gone, and so too was the Light."

"Belief used to give me comfort, now I am berift. I wondered... would they still be by my side when death embraced me? But the Light is gone now...""

"Where do the flowers go when they die? And why have we not departed with them?" It was accompanied by a feeling of chest aching sadness.

"This must be where people go once their dreams have died. If only Xe'dri had healed, we could escape this place."

"Why did everything go wrong? At the end, when we all smiled in unison and let death come, we still believed. What good did it do? Forever lost in the void..."

"Xe'dri became a mighty black flame and scorched all of our hopes. Nobody anticipated the end this way. But is it the end? We're still here, on our way through time and space…"

"Why do I feel as if I am drowning? I have no breath left, no lungs, nothing. I exist but do not live. We have a journey but no destination. There is no home for us to return to."

And lastly, the words he heard personally:

"There's no Light here. Just the darkness to lead the way. We're all strangers now, though we've known each other for so long."

These words were all foreboding. Something is coming, but Erundo didn't exactly know what.

OOC:

Currently draenei in Shattrath City are mysteriously getting whispers from a "Strangevoice" that whispers them these thoughts. If you get a thought on your draenei, post it here. Also anyone is welcome to speculate on it! As an added note, no one currently in the Sha'nash claims to be the ones doing it, at least nobody obviously.

Post your whispers, speculations, and IC posts here!
Saronite poisoning.
03/29/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Eredis
Saronite poisoning.

Pfft, search your feelings you know this to be wrong.
03/29/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Erundo
Saronite poisoning.

Pfft, search your feelings you know this to be wrong.

As heartbeat-impaired, the only feelings I have are the bloodworms nesting under my sternum.

Admit it. This is just a ruse to make more Broken. I'm onto you.
Actually, we had someone get a whisper while in Stormwind. So it is possible to get them outside of Shattrath as well.
Woah! Now this is quite a leap! No cryptic letters...but this time cryptic whispers! You are breaking new ground here!
03/29/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Dreshka
Woah! Now this is quite a leap! No cryptic letters...but this time cryptic whispers! You are breaking new ground here!

Don't look at me I'm just posting what's happening. I'm not the one who started this.
03/29/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Bremavelor
Well aren't you just witty?

Don't shoot the messenger, I tells 'em.
"What do we have left? Only the darkness. There's only so much that you can give without succumbing to despair. I fear I am too far gone..."

Brain is far too fried at present to make any sort of speculation. ))
Lookin' sharp there, Erundo.

Nice... shoulders...

kek

on topic though, I wish i had a draenei.
Must... get... on... Osuro...

Too bad he spends so little time in Shattrath.

Too many bad memories.
Bumping it because the whispers are still happening.
Ffff must continue power leveling draenei priest, now. :I
Consul Nhadiya of the Sha'nash received the following unsettling messages earlier today in Shattrath City:

*A sense of sorrow and desperation is transmitted, and finds its way to you. Some one, or some thing, wants to show you something.*

*An image of a Naaru, darkened and in the throes of its death, is transmitted through the void. The image is shocking. If you were governed by your emotions, you may easily find yourself greatly distressed by the image.*
Well, I brought my draenei (Rominischa) to the Aldor Rise to look at T4 gear for transmog, and I got one too.

"Why does it feel as if I am drowning? I have no breath left, no lungs, nothing. I exist but do not live. We have a journey but no destination. There is no home for us to return to."
And another:

"What can I beg, steal, or bargain for to end my unending torment in the void? There is little I have left but almost nothing I would not give..."
Went to Shattrath to buy something, had this whispered to him:

"I'd give anything at this point to be free. Perhaps even an allegiance and rebirth under the Legion's command. I just want this to end."
The Lorekeeper sagged into her chair, knocked back by the emotion of what she had heard and glimpsed. The Consul's image brought tears to her eyes, but she managed to stave off her emotions long enough to get back to the task at hand. The library was quiet, the vault full of tomes was as still as a grave.

How apt a description, for it was amongst the knowledge of the long-dead that she hoped to find the source of that which plagued the living. Her constituents were becoming increasingly distressed by what they were hearing. Questions raced through her mind, distracting her in several minute increments.

Who was doing this? Why? Are the voices truly of the dead? Who were they? When did they die? Where did they die? Why were the voices happening now? Who was Xe'dri?

The riddle that hit them all at once, like a simultaneous choir of desperation, frustrated her the most. She spoke the words aloud. Tapped them out on her hands, sung them until they were committed to memory:

"Divided it may be, a piece yet represents a whole. What happens there will echo here. A distant, conjoined soul."

After a while, she shook her head. The Consul was right. It was time to speak to A'dal.