planning on leveling as MM what to avoid?

Hunter
what talents should i skip?
Improved Steady Shot, Piercing shots, Termination, things that require some buildup or a lengthy amount of time that the target has to be alive to have an effect are generally not very useful for leveling. Even in dungeons, bosses really don't live that long. They are more of endgame raiding talents. But then again, todays talent trees reaaaaally don't give you that much choice, so you can put points in them if you want. Concussive barrage has potential usefulness.

Don't get resistance is futile.

The main thing you want to look forward to getting is the Rapid Killing (only need one point)/Rapid Recuperation combo. That is the main attraction to MM leveling.
i would agree with everythang except piercing shots is a flat 30%damage increase to your chimera steady and aimed shot crits plus it is verry fast ticking dot with short durration
04/01/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Spirál
The main thing you want to look forward to getting is the Rapid Killing (only need one point)/Rapid Recuperation combo. That is the main attraction to MM leveling.

Rapid killing, rapid recuperation, and careful aim. The holy trinity of MM levelling.

I disagree on the piercing shots and imp steady, those 2 are very useful, especially piercing shots considering how big a percentage of your damage aimed shot crits will be.

While leveling my second hunter I could Aimed>concussive and move to the next endlessly. Piercing shots would normally kill the mob if aimed shot didn't one shot it.
also plan to do bgs as i level up so i dont want to skip useful pvp skills unless they are truly a deteriment.
how come? :) its for some fun.

also atm weird aimed shot is nice but arcane shot destroys everything so fast seems almost pointless early on.
04/01/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Jinroh
Every class has a spec in this game that makes every hunter spec look horid in comparison, that is to say there is nothing you play right now that you cant respec into the FOTM spec and outdo what a hunter does, in pve or pvp.

Lol, k then leave huntering to the big kids, go play in the wading pool eh?
im just having fun im not getting steamrolled by anyone :)