My Druidic Wish: Ground Mount Form

Druid
Why are we shape-shifting, feral lovers of nature forced to rely on domesticated animals for ground travel? My cheetah form can't even outrun a kodo. We should have a proper ground mount form.

I'm not suggesting modifying "travel form," or doing anything else that would affect PvP. Just give us a mount option that allows us to change into a full speed mount - raptor, kodo, nightsaber, whatever. It could have a cast time, a chance to be "dismounted" in combat, and in all other ways like any other ground mount, just with no rider.
I like this idea. So long as it has the same cast time, ability to be dismounted, and whatnot of a real ground mount, I don't see the harm :D
Roll a worgen.
04/02/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Mojones
Roll a worgen.

That's similar to what I'm talking about, but not exactly. Worgens don't really change shape when they go into their "mount" form. We druids are shape-changers. We should be able to turn into a mount, rather than just running like a mount.
I completely agree.
A friend of mine had an idea to make a glyph, one that makes your travel form speed scale with riding skill, but you can't use it in combat or carry a flag with it. That way people who pvp probably won't take it, but for everyone else, it's a mount.
As far as I know, those are the only things (other than the instant cast) that differentiate it from other mounts. I honestly don't know why they made flight form effectively a mount, but can't do the same with travel form. As it stands it is basically a worse version of ghostwolf, as it can't be used indoors and the appearance can't be altered by glyphs.
Since you can now get a mount at level 20, this form has 4 levels of usefulness. After that, there's almost no reason to use it ever again.
^^^^^
I agree with this. I vote instead of making the stag a glyph they should just make it a trainable mount form with a cast time :) It doesn't appear they're going to give druids enough room in the minor glyph sections for all the cool glyphs anyways....
Imagine a boomkin who wants all 3 image altering glyphs :/ they'll have no room for essential glyphs.
arent you basically asking for stag glyph scale with riding lvl?
and...
04/04/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Perura
Imagine a boomkin who wants all 3 image altering glyphs :/ they'll have no room for essential glyphs.

there will be no essential minor glyph, if there is any today, warn blizzard because it should be a Major glyph.
Why should it have a cast time when flight form is the same concept and it doesn't?
because insta mount speed in combat would be unfair?
Travel Form mount ideas are dumb. "But just do this and this for PvP purposes" -- No. You stop posting this idea and actually what you're saying. Stop trying to add secondary restrictions to every damn spell. It gets really annoying being able to use a spell in under Restrictions ABC and going into PvP and being forced under Restrictions XYZ.

What game tried make PvE and PvP spells? That one that died out in a few months?
Flight Form castable in combat.

Just sayin'

Y I SO GREEDY?
We already get enough QQ over our instant cast flight form/flying mount.
Giving us an instant cast land mount to?...probably never gonna happen
Travel form with 100% speed increase? LOL
you already have an instant cast flying mount, WHY YOU SO GREEDY DRUIDS?

Why is it greedy?

If it were to stay what it currently is in pvp, I see no reason why it shouldn't be upgraded.
Travel Form mount ideas are dumb. "But just do this and this for PvP purposes" -- No. You stop posting this idea and actually what you're saying. Stop trying to add secondary restrictions to every damn spell. It gets really annoying being able to use a spell in under Restrictions ABC and going into PvP and being forced under Restrictions XYZ.

What game tried make PvE and PvP spells? That one that died out in a few months?

i said make the stag a mount, moron.
means we keep our cheetah travel form, but we also get a stag mount form with a casting time. 2 separate spells.
04/04/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Perura

I replied to your post how? The giant quote box that doesn't exist? Hmm? Travel Form ideas regarding bumping it up to 100% are generally terrible (for reasons already stated). It has nothing to do with your post. So please, try again.
means we keep our cheetah travel form, but we also get a stag mount form with a casting time. 2 separate spells.

No.

I would much rather USE A MOUNT when I want to go faster out of combat (or... hey, shift to flight form!) and be able to instantly-carry a wounded teammate out of a brawl in a BG at travelform run speed. I don't think you realize how valuable that will be. At all.

There are what 200? mounts in the game currently. Find one you like and stop trying to take toys away from the rest of us.
Reverse that and I'll not argue with you.

(Glyphing it to be a non-combat casted mount.)

However, I agree more with Cyous. And really. Would it kill you to just use your damn mount?