MoP Priest - Dispel Magic

Priest
All defensive dispells were changed to have an 8 second CD.

Offensive ones remain with NO CD.

Dispel Magic is both based on target (Friendly/Harmful).

Does anyone know if Dispel Magic Triggers the cooldown when used offensively?
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/527-purify
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/528-dispel-magic

It looks like they are splitting the two dispels ala Purge and Cleanse Spirit. Dispel Magic is one-spell offensive with no cooldown, Purify fully cleanses all harmful Magic and Disease with an 8 sec cooldown.
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/527-purify
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/528-dispel-magic

Priests have Mass dispel since BC, and before that we were the only class that can both offensively & defensively dispel magic buffs/debuffs...

Its going to be weird when your teammate asks for you to dispel all his debuffs and it takes you years to do it and hes like... wtf brah!

*shakes head in disguise* I know right?
Dispels harmful effects on the target, removing all Magic and Disease effects.

Doesn't seem so bad. All diseases and magic in one go. Would take at least 2 GCDs to clear somebody if they had chains of ice and frost fever before anyways.

So long as all classes are getting the same treatment I'm ok with this.
03/22/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Anuerysm
Its going to be weird when your teammate asks for you to dispel all his debuffs and it takes you years to do it and hes like... wtf brah!

As far as I gather from the spell description, Purify will remove -all- Magic and Disease debuffs from an ally in one cast, so in some ways this could be better.

::EDIT::

If you're wonering, Mass Dispel still exists as far as this database is concerned.

http://www.wowdb.com/spells/32375-mass-dispel
Okay i got confused at first, i thought purify was the shaman thing that was linked to show the difference between ours and their dispel mechanic...

I see now that purify is "our" ability...

So i guess i have to ask if cure disease is out? it seems that way so ill bind Purify with my current cure disease and everything should be hunky dori.. as long as i remember to treat all debuffs as a disease.

Can anyone confirm if purify is available to shadow as well? and do all priests still get dispel magic?
If shadow priests can't dispel themselves in MoP I am going to be a sad panda... literally!
No matter how it works, the cooldown(s) added to priests on this and all the others are ridiculous ....

One on top of another, have taken away/nerfed or cooldowns that make priest beaten on the head over and over.
03/22/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Stonehand
If shadow priests can't dispel themselves in MoP I am going to be a sad panda... literally!

looks like you are going to be sad. the only Self Dispel Shadow Priests get is Mass Dispel.

There is a Glyph that adds Holy Damage to the Offensive Dispel Magic, but the game crashed when I was trying to test if that caused us to drop out of Shadow Form.
How is that going to affect DoT cleave teams then? They're quite the rage right now.
How is that going to affect DoT cleave teams then? They're quite the rage right now.

They're gonna be a PITA, except for the fact that Mass Dispel works exactly like Purify, but in AOE and for a good chunk of your mana (60,8k at lvl87 with 160k mana).

Maybe only PMR teams will work against DoT cleave teams :~
Can i have your opinions on this new dispel mechanics ?

IMO i don't really like it, but then again ive never tried it.. hope i get a key soon and test it out. It just seems weird to me being able to dispel everything.
I dont know if this was for real or just not fully operating yet but when i played beta the frist week it was released mass dispell cost like 37000 mana? is this for real?
04/22/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Aaleyah
I dont know if this was for real or just not fully operating yet but when i played beta the frist week it was released mass dispell cost like 37000 mana? is this for real?

Yes, they gave some weird explanation saying that because it's so powerful the way they changed it that it's supposed to cost a third of your mana. Personally I don't understand it because any healer that would waste that much mana in a pvp or pve enviroment is crazy, but maybe we just don't have a good enough understanding of the mop system yet.
Can i have your opinions on this new dispel mechanics ?

IMO i don't really like it, but then again ive never tried it.. hope i get a key soon and test it out. It just seems weird to me being able to dispel everything.

I think it's ridiculous. Any team that can CC two people at once is going to be retarded because only one can get out of the CC, e.g. frost nova both melee DPS lololol
Posted by AaleyahI dont know if this was for real or just not fully operating yet but when i played beta the frist week it was released mass dispell cost like 37000 mana? is this for real?Yes, they gave some weird explanation saying that because it's so powerful the way they changed it that it's supposed to cost a third of your mana. Personally I don't understand it because any healer that would waste that much mana in a pvp or pve enviroment is crazy, but maybe we just don't have a good enough understanding of the mop system yet.

I agree It seems far too high. I ran a dungeon with it in MoP and hadnt yet realized the change so i massed our group and it blew me away.

I was almost completely dry right after that. It seems like if that will be a permanent change why use mass dispell at all? It certaintly wont work for me in a pvp enviorment.

Its just too fast paced to be able to afford that high a cost. The thought of always having to single target ofensive/defensive dispells is indeed troubling.
04/21/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Drakmor
looks like you are going to be sad. the only Self Dispel Shadow Priests get is Mass Dispel

Wow this is really dissapointing. IMO Shadow has really gotten a ****kicking the last expansion and now again. They should at least be able to dispell themselves defensively without the ridiculous high mana cost of mass dispell.

Why so much hate on shadow. They always get nerfed ...... this being why i never play it anymore.
I'm not sure if MoP could be any more disappointing when it comes to priests, talents, abilities, well, just about everything except for finally adding pandaren.
Screw the pandaren! I don't see how this is gonna make anyone happy.
Screw the pandaren! I don't see how this is gonna make anyone happy. I love this game but it's not gonna be nearly as fun when we suck all of a sudden.