100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way

General Discussion
Prev 1 74 75 76 Next
Anyways you can tell us what all you look for when you Invite?

Besides How old account is and when we purchased AP?

Annual Pass is a guaranteed entry, there is no consideration made beyond cumulative subscription time and when the Annual Pass was purchased.

Then Bashiok, could you explain to me why, as a January 2005 subscriber, haven't received my invite, and some people from 2006 and late 2005 already have it ?
Send me an invite plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Annual Pass is a guaranteed entry, there is no consideration made beyond cumulative subscription time and when the Annual Pass was purchased.

Then Bashiok, could you explain to me why, as a January 2005 subscriber, haven't received my invite, and some people from 2006 and late 2005 already have it ?

Blizzard has much to answer for be certain of that.
People have a right to complain because of false advertising. It's like buying something at Walmart because the price says '1.99' and you get to the till and they are like 'nope! 15.99 please! TROLLOLOLOL'

I understand the need for waves and the server instability, as I'm sure many do. What is funny to me is the promise wasn't kept. If they knew it would be this way, which I'm sure they did, they should have worded it better.

Basically what I'm saying is Blizzard needs someone to manage their tongues for press releases in any format. Saying one thing and delivering another is terrible business, for any business.

Simple as that.

Now I'll go wait in the corner for my beta.
Hopefully the waves not over im really hoping to get in ive had my account since 2005 in july and got the annual pass right away
03/30/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Azgarde

Maybe you haven't been continuously subscribed to WoW since 2005. If you've taken months of here and there, or a year, then that will slow it down. I've been playing since before BC came out, but I've taken 8 months off at a time, a few times... which means I am probably one of the last to get an invite.
03/30/2012 05:09 AMPosted by Rarth
so much for instant access to beta when you get the pass, i know it could be hard but next time dont say INSTANT ACCESS
they never once said instant access.
100K out and im still not in....
Account Seniority should have never been part of this, so what if I didn't play the game until a few years after launch? As soon as I did I was hooked and have made my commitment to the AP the day it was launched, less than 2 hours after even.

How long you've had your account and the annual pass are two different things entirely and should not have been coupled together like this. Maybe there's no way to tell in what specific order the 1 million AP subscribers made their commitment, but I just don't agree with the tacked on account seniority rule. I haven't been playing as long as some of you guys, but I've been committed ever since i started.
Are they still being sent out or are they done because im late 2006 I was hoping for an invite this batch.
account seniority was not part of it because if it were i would be in. account activated day 1 ap day1 and still nothing. so that is not the way they said. so relax.
Blizzard, cut the BS.

I know you lied about the "cumulative time played". There are people who joined in 2010, who got the AP the day beta came out that have gotten in. While those of us who (counting time off) have played since (an adjusted start date of) early 2006 have been shunned.

I was so happy you decided to talk to us, but if you're just going to shout stuff to appease the masses than don't talk at all.
account seniority was not part of it because if it were i would be in. account activated day 1 ap day1 and still nothing. so that is not the way they said. so relax.

That is the way they said. "accumulated"
03/30/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Tacohandz

That is the way they said. "accumulated"

I took a total of around 2 weeks off since january 2005. So can you tell me why someone who subbed in July got it ?
Still not in... Man that's kind of depressing. =/.