Should i drop 525 mining ?

Professions
I have 525 bs and 525 mining, should i drop mining from crafting profession?
if so what profession should it be?
idk, leave mining as it is, makes money but if you are willing lose bs and get something else not sure what profession however.
You can keep the mining and replace blacksmithing with engineering
Always keep mining on one toon, it outprofits herbalism by 4 to 1. I can't speak for skinning because I never had the patience for it.

If you did choose a crafting profession I'd recommend Blacksmithing as well, even though I haven't done it since classic, but notice fairly consistent AH prices for plate.
I already have 525 bs.
If i drop one of them what should i get?
03/24/2012 02:18 AMPosted by Zereen
You can keep the mining and replace blacksmithing with engineering

Why on earth would you do this?

@OP, drop mining for a crafting profession if that is your main. You can always keep an herbalism+mining alt to do your dirty work. If that character isn't your main, then it isn't a huge deal.

As for what profession to pick up, Jewelcrafting & Alchemy are both pretty easy to level. Engineering is incredibly annoying, Enchanting is just really, really annoying, Leatherworking is expensive, no idea what Inscription is like, and Tailoring is pretty easy to level as well.
I have 525 bs and 525 mining, should i drop mining from crafting profession?
if so what profession should it be?

I agree with most everyone else here...I've got JC, LW, tailor, chanter, herb picker, Alchy and a miner all max or super close to it (spread out on my other alts of course.)

Mining is one of the most lucrative ones I have - and trust me, you'll be making a killing off of the new MOP nodes come expac time.

Plus, you're a BS - you may as well keep mining for that, and who knows what the future holds? A lot of your BIS the start of the expac may very well be crafted.

Stick with your current set up. If you really want another trade, just make an alt, and level it up - don't bother gearing it out; just use it for trade skilling :)
03/24/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Jarheade
Always keep mining on one toon, it outprofits herbalism by 4 to 1.

What? On my server, the good herbs (Heartblossom, Azshara's Veil, Twilight Jasmine) sell for more than ore and are easier to gather. When you take into account the fact that the drop rates of volatile life from herb nodes are higher than the rates of earth/fire/water from ore nodes, herbalism appears to me to be the more profitable profession. Mining may be significantly more profitable the week after a patch drops, but not consistently, and still not at a 4:1 ratio.

That said, if you don't have mining and herbalism together on one character, you're doing it wrong.
You are gonna want to have a toon with minng, But I suggest you DO NOT Drop 525 BS. Leveling mining From 0-525 on an 80ish charater will take very little time and will be very profitable during and after the process.

If you have another toon you can level mining on Picking up JC or Enchanting woul be pretty good I think. But if you are just talking about personal buffs, almost any will do.