Emancipate share CD with Every Man?

Paladin
From MMO:

Retribution
Emancipate *New* Unshackles your spirit, freeing you from one movement impairing effect. 25% of base mana, Instant

This is an awesome ability, thank you blizzard. I just hope it doesn't share a cooldown with 'Every Man For Himself' the human racial. What do you think?
They're both completely different abilities. One is Cleanse, the other is a PVP trinket. They won't share a cooldown.
There wasn't a listed cooldown, so it shouldn't share one with anything.
My only concern is the mana cost. 25% of base mana... 4 casts and we're oom, not factoring in mana regen.
Mana costs makes it not spamable but I think that's the point. Combined with our choice of speed increase talent you need to chooose when to use Emancipate for best effect.

Dont forget we have cleanse for poison/disease and freedom for other things. Add in the pvp trinket and we have alot of removal abilities..... maybe too many.
04/06/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Khalad
maybe too many.

Not without a gap closer we don't.
04/06/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Elidra
maybe too many.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
It's basically our current Cleanse with Acts of Sacrifice, except it only removes snares/roots instead of diseases and poisons as well.
04/06/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Adairus

Option 1: carbon copy of rogue sprint, but its holy. ooooooh!
Option 2: improved Long arm of the law that has no dead zone and judgment that's down to 6s CD. Meaning you have a speed burst every 3 seconds.
Option3: HoJ stacking holy power for 60% run speed.

Or do you guys just wanna cry untill we get a copy of charge and/or shadowstep? Cause that 4th option is what im hearing.....

If you Talking about "Pursuit of Justice" the talent only uses up to 3 holy power, so that would be 40%.

Option 1: carbon copy of rogue sprint, but its holy. ooooooh!
Option 2: improved Long arm of the law that has no dead zone and judgment that's down to 6s CD. Meaning you have a speed burst every 3 seconds.

Or do you guys just wanna cry untill we get a copy of charge and/or shadowstep? Cause that 4th option is what im hearing.....

-Sprint of Light has too long of a cooldown.
-Long Arm of the Lawl is dispelable, considering the judgement cooldown and dispells now getting rid of all buffs it will be pretty lackluster depending on the situation.
-Pursuit of Justice is a 40% speed boost after you build holy power and stays with you if you refuse to do damage or heal, if you chose to do either you are back to 10%.

The problem is not lack of a gap closer, it is lack of a reliable gap closer. The way things are our gap closer will be PoJ and Burden together, considering burden is undispeable so far in the beta. We have to spend two talent points to do something every melee should be able to do as a basic ability.

Then again, we get the ability to become a ranged class with wings every 3 minutes, and much more reliable self heals with the WoG cooldown gone, new Selfless Healer, and the FoL glyph. Things every melee isn't able to do.

Gotta look at the good and the bad.
sigh, so shall we just make more topics crying for charge then? It's like nothing will make you people happy.
We don't need a charge.
If we get a charge we will lose something in exchange. I doubt it would be worth it. My main was a warrior and I'd waay rather have the ability to cleanse slows and roots rather than a good gap closer and no way to get out of roots and slows apart from a 90 second bladestorm
04/06/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Khalad
sigh, so shall we just make more topics crying for charge then? It's like nothing will make you people happy.
No one's saying we need any. They're just saying without one, having Cleanse, PvP trinket, and Emancipate isn't "having too many removal abilities." Just makes our ability to close gaps much different.
i can't imagine healers parking on us to use their 8-second cooldown dispel to remove LAotL. that would be silly, because they wouldn't be able to strip the second one that we put up some 5.5 seconds later.
Not a healer, but I can imagine a Shaman, Mage, Hunter, DKs too now, etc, doing it just as part of their loldispelleverything they already do on a Ret.
04/06/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Khalad

As long as we can quickly, reliably, and frequently remove movement impairing effects and have a snare we don't need an instant gap closer.

Losing either the snare or the freedom mandates one, however. Even then it doesn't have to be a clone of an exist one, though. It could be something with an original effect.

Stopping Power of the Holy Righteous Light
Instant, 20s CD, 20y range

Places an effect on the enemy target for 8s, stunning them for 5s if they are further than 15y from the Paladin. 2s arming time.

So basically, if they run away they get stunned, but they can play around in close range if they're good. Of course, the Paladin could cast that and run away to trigger the stun, meaning it could be used to pull enemies out of LoS or other neat tricks.
Need to stop just trying to fix us and focus on whats just about destroying us and every melee based class ever: The over abundance of snares and slows.

I'm looking right at you, frost mages.

Until this gets a pan over and fixed, its nothing but an arms race of "who can counter the most snares/slows wins"
Need to stop just trying to fix us and focus on whats just about destroying us and every melee based class ever: The over abundance of snares and slows.

I'm looking right at you, frost mages.

Until this gets a pan over and fixed, its nothing but an arms race of "who can counter the most snares/slows wins"
That reminds me. Can't check fully atm, but how ARE mages in Beta? They do good on their promise of balancing either power or control, or do they still basically @@#@ everything with >8999 CCing abilities + zomg damage?