Baron Sablemane?

Story Forum
What exactly happened to the Baron after Burning Crusade? Did he return to Azeroth and such? If so, where is he now? If Wrathion claims to be the 'Last Black Dragon', what did happen to him?
Wrathion may not know about him. I mean hes what? 2?
He claimed to be the last dragon he could sense on Azeroth.

Since Sabellian is in Outland...
One of them need to undergo a surgery for the flight to continue.
Life is full of difficult decisions ><.

There's still plenty of female black drakes in Outland. Sabellian wasn't the only one living there, just the most prominent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWeMvrNiOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWeMvrNiOM

Behold Dolly the Black Dragon.
Either Blizzard forgot about him (unlikely when you consider that not only was he included in Deathwing's genealogy, but several other far more obscure black dragons were killed in Cataclysm), or he's being saved for some future purpose, or he was just deliberately excluded with no intent to make use of him in the future.

Remember, their purported reason for Wrathion wasn't to redeem the Black Dragonflight, but make it viable in the future for some sort of role of their choosing. By their reasoning, the flight makes good antagonists, and there's always room for a twist or two even in that model. Wrathion gives them the potential to do whatever they like with that brood down the road.
Since Sableman obviously didn't join Deathwing during Cataclysm, I'd guess he's a lone pariah among his flight.Maybe he joined up with the Netherwing or something.
04/06/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Drailen
Since Sableman obviously didn't join Deathwing during Cataclysm, I'd guess he's a lone pariah among his flight.Maybe he joined up with the Netherwing or something.

I wonder if a nether dragon and black dragon can successfully breed and what the end result would be. I'm sure it wouldn't be too different considering the relation between the two, but it may be an interesting way too continue the black flight.
04/06/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Shaithiss
I wonder if a nether dragon and black dragon can successfully breed and what the end result would be. I'm sure it wouldn't be too different considering the relation between the two, but it may be an interesting way too continue the black flight.

Presumably dragons from different flights can mate and produce offspring, since Malygos took Keristrasza as his mate. I don't think he'd take her as a mate if they couldn't make dragon babies.

Guess it's really a matter of how much the nether magic really affected them.
04/06/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Vesran
Either Blizzard forgot about him (unlikely when you consider that not only was he included in Deathwing's genealogy, but several other far more obscure black dragons were killed in Cataclysm),

Even in the dagger quest alone, only Nalice was around prior. The rest of them were made up for the quest.
Plot Twist: Wrathion is Sabellian.

Oh one could dream right?
I would love to see him in the limelight someday. Would be great politics to have him fight for control of the black flight, or ally with, Wrathion.
He claimed to be the last dragon he could sense on Azeroth.

Since Sabellian is in Outland...
Where the hell IS Nalice in Cata? I've wanted to kick her fat human butt since Wrath. She's a sarcastic dragon that needs to be humbled badly.

She was hiding out in the Master's Cellar. Too bad she was killed by Rogues trying for their daggers.
It's worth it to remember that Sablemane was part of the old, non-purified Black Flight. The influence may have waned because he's on Outland, or he, like the Black Dragons during Wrath, may be able to work with others for limited goals, but chances are if he ever came back to Azeroth, he would quickly fall to N'zoth's whispers.
In regards to Dragons mating:

The Nether Dragons were Black Dragons who mutated, it is likely that they can still reproduce with Black Dragons. Deathwing'ss experiments with the chromatic flight show that the dragonflights' abilities can be combined. Also Deathwing has expressed his desire to capture Alexstraza and Ysera and forcibly mate with them. While Deathwing is certainly vengeful and cruel I think he intended to get offspring out of that arrangement rather than just diabolical pleasure.

In regards to Sablemane. He is after revenge on Gruul and the Gronn. Now that the Gronn are dead he may intend to come home and reclaim his inheritance. Wrathion of course is the youngest and will need our help to defeat him.
His a forgotten character that blizz will never use again, The black dragonflight is done for and we will probalby never see them return. Such a shame really being the son of Deathwing.