Why can't horde win a BG?

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 5 Next
so in cata they took battlegroups away from BGs, but recently i've been maybe winning 5 and losing 10 on a good day. my gear isn't that good, i dont know if that has anything to do with it, but is alliance dominating BGs right now or is it something else? someone please give me an explanation as losing so many is pretty discouraging.
It's the same exact problem with alliance, so the whole "horde never win" stuff is pure crap. The reality is the quality of BGs in general (for both factions) is terrible because most players are woefully incompetent and/or don't care about winning.
but i dont really understand how both factions can have a majority losing ratio. the system doesnt match you with people with similar gear or something?
04/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Driscol
but i dont really understand how both factions can have a majority losing ratio. the system doesnt match you with people with similar gear or something?
That's my point whenever someone says their faction always loses in almost every case their winning % is close to 50% (yours is 45%). It's a false perception.

And no they don't match groups based on item level nor should they. Why should I be penalized for taking the time to get decent gear by being matched with other players with the same gear level for the same rewards that some lazy player in PvE greens gets for going against other lazy players in PvE greens?

It's super easy to get a full ruthless set... I did it in little over a weekend by running in premades during the last WSG CTA.
ah alright thank you
04/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Driscol
I'm convinced there is absolutely NO matching or balancing of any kind going one ... or how else do you explain going into a random and there are 4 Horde healers a ZERO Alliance healers. This happens consistently and it's always Horde with more healers.
04/05/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Vladimir
I'm convinced there is absolutely NO matching or balancing of any kind going one ... or how else do you explain going into a random and there are 4 Horde healers a ZERO Alliance healers. This happens consistently and it's always Horde with more healers.

Funny.. yesterday evening (10pm PDT) all the randoms I was in, the Alliance had 2-5 healers and we had 1 or none. Random is.. random. It's like tossing dice. Sometimes you get snake eyes every time and sometimes you get lucky. I found the trick is to try and figure out when things go your way (or when there is a better mix for you). Last night, out of the 12 or so randoms I did, I won about 8 or so. This was unusual since usually 2-3, if I'm lucky. I've found that -- for my Battlegroup -- Tues-Thurs in the evening are the best times for a better mix. Weekends are a hit and miss and Mon and Fri are nearly useless. I'm lucky if I get a win or two.
My take on this is that Alliance wins BGs because Alliance is good at PvE.

PvE? BGs are PvE-based and not PvP. Capture the flag, take the point, kill the sub-boss, kill the main boss. That's PvE.

Seriously -- Blizzard needs to make BGs more about PvP than about "fastest team to take the points and kill the NPC boss."
And what would you suggest? 15v15 arena matches for a Battleground?

Yeah that would be great fun...
My take on this is that Alliance wins BGs because Alliance is good at PvE.

PvE? BGs are PvE-based and not PvP. Capture the flag, take the point, kill the sub-boss, kill the main boss. That's PvE.

Seriously -- Blizzard needs to make BGs more about PvP than about "fastest team to take the points and kill the NPC boss."

This is possibly the single worst point I've ever seen raised on these boards. Sure IoC, Strand and AV have their deep rooted PvE elements but that's about it.

Capture the Flag and hold the node are PvE elements? You're kidding right?
Heres reason y ur team might be losing

Noone aoe flags
Keyboard turners
Backpeddling huntards or any class
Ppl who zerg farm/stables and ignore every other node
Ppl who get sapped caped
No ccs
U zerg whoever comes first and complain that that class is op
FC stands on smokebomb and doesnt peel for healers
Healers runs away from Fc or vice versa

Tbh i play a horde main on illy and lvling a rogue ally andboth factions have their share of baddies, i see a hunter backpeddling and calls a rogue op, hunters are suppose to be able to faceroll rogues
Get an addon called REFlex. Reset it every single week when servers come back up on Tuesday. Look at your wins and losses, and one thing you're sure to notice depending on what time of the week you're playing is it'll be very close to 50% for both sides.

Last week I went 39-30 and what I personally noticed was on Tuesday night/Wed morning along with Thursday, I was winning much more than I was losing and as the weekend drew closer and ended, I had gained quite a lot of losses. So really, the time of week/day, etc., that you're playing probably has a lot to do with your win/loss rate. Also, you're around a 50% win rate so it can't be that bad. You just notice the losses more than the wins.
Um..ain't nobody "face rollin'" a decent rogue...just sayin' lol.

I rarely do rated bgs; maybe i need a better guild or whatever, but I'm always in a pug. Its the same whether you're alliance or whorde with the complaints. The thing to remember in these pugs is that its not only a training ground but a trial ground. I can't tell you how many "clickers" think that they're so "bada$$" because they fight unthinking robots in a dungeon (successfully) and then get into pvp only to tuck their tail and run. That's the mix we have. Pvp requires skill, a lot of it; a lot more than a stupid dungeon or raid does. So as long as you're in a pug try to remember that everyone is basically a newb and just be thankful that you're getting some honor win or lose.
It's Alliance too OP, just not as much.

a) no team work, everyone is a solo hero

b) not covering healers (something ally do real well actually) but horde tend to leave them to the wolves.

c) too much asshattery from guys who are 0-0-9 (some such) always telling everyone else what they are doin wrong.

d) you cap it, you D it....too many horde want to see the pretty symbol by their name for a flag cap in BG's but will leave said node with no D very soon after cap.

e) doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. EoTS horde will holler about taking 3 bases no flags. Ally will cap two and take flags most times win that. Over and over this is the call in this particular BG and over and over if it is done we lose. Same similar actions can be found in other BG's like AV call will go out nvm towers everyone zerg.......fail.

But it is both sides, but I win more on my ally priest than this or my shaman.
04/05/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Amathy
And if I'm not mistaken, the best PvE guild is horde, isn't it?

Worldwide the very top guild is a Korean Alliance guild, but 3/4 of the top 20 world guilds are Horde.
04/05/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Cayse
And if I'm not mistaken, the best PvE guild is horde, isn't it?

Worldwide the very top guild is a Korean Alliance guild, but 3/4 of the top 20 world guilds are Horde.

I'm extremely ignorant to this but do people actually take Korean guilds seriously since, from my understanding, they get two raid lockouts a week? (Am i wrong on this? Just something someone told me and I didn't try looking it up to check for accuracy)
04/05/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Cear
I'm extremely ignorant to this but do people actually take Korean guilds seriously since, from my understanding, they get two raid lockouts a week? (Am i wrong on this? Just something someone told me and I didn't try looking it up to check for accuracy)

People find all manner of reasons to discount other players, guilds, or entire nations. In LK people cried foul when EU got first kills by a few hours even though the US guilds got the kills with less available time due to maintenance/time zones. They're just pissy because their favorite guild didn't win.

Both Korea and Taiwan got two raid resets per week for FL, I don't know if that extended into DS.

More to the point that the "Alliance wins BGs because they're better at PvE" is false. Even if you just look at the NA top guilds, it's 50/50. But nearly all of the top PvE guilds are from PvP servers... and none of that reflects on what happens in random battlegrounds.