Insect Swarm

Druid
I know many of you like the fact that they took Insect Swarm away as a dot, which is fine, but wouldn't it be better if they changed the spell to do something else?

I really don't like that fact that we're losing a spell we've had from the beginning. Why not make it a CD spell or something?

Like the Insect Aura from Anub-Rekhan (sp?).

Moonkins have very little spells to play with compared to a lot of other classes and a lack of decent burst dps cooldowns. Why not change insect swarm to something more useful instead of just taking it out.

Also, Blizzard. I know our AoE might be a little strong on live but do you have to go to such extremes to nerf it? Don't you think getting rid of IS, nerfing Wild Mushrooms (they hit like a slap in the face with a tissue from what I've seen) and nerfing starfalls damage as well, is a little much?

Our single target DPS is horrible on Live yet I don't see any buffs to those. Even after seeing the talents and watching damn near every video I can from people testing the beta spells it seems we're still going to be suffering from this.

I know, early beta, but if things don't get brought up till the end then things won't change/improve.

So tl;dr, please don't remove IS completely, just change it and the nerfs seem a little excessive compared to what some other classes are getting.

Also, can't post on beta cause I couldn't afford the annual pass so I can only post this here from what I can tell.
they want you to use hurricane/astral storm for AOE now.
^ LOL that's a good one.

Seriously though, I never really considered Starfall to be an AoE though since the damage output is terrible as it is ever since they took the splash damage away and you cant controll where that damage goes.
I still miss the %chance to miss it used to give.
What am I going to do with the /y BEEEEEEESSSSS macro I have?
Don't take my bees away :(
Exactly

Why take away a spell we've had for so long?

Also about the Hurricane/Astral Storm thing. How long till they nerf that too? How long till Blizzard thinks they don't want us just spamming Hurricane like they did before they nerfed it?

Compared to some of the other classes AoE we're severely lacking.

Mushrooms are a great tool now since the buff. Going back to the way they were they'll barely get any use, meaning it'll be useless spell once again in most cases. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell hate useless spells.

Mushrooms are a pain to set up, take the longest time out of any AoE I can think of and they nerf the damage? It's stupid to say the least. If the initial burst needs to be nerfed why not give the fungal growth a damage over time component if you stand in it?

The 25% increased magic damage debuff is not the way to go either. It's a crutch at that point and not very interesting.

I'm sure Blizzard can come up with something heaps better.
I dont understand why they want us to use hurricane the mana cost is terrible.
Yeah, I don't understand either. They want us to oom ourselves in an attempt to keep up with everyone elses AoE I guess.
I'm glad to see it go. It was practically worthless if you had the debuff covered in the past. In wrath it was only mildly useful, but only for ithe effect provided by it in the glyph. Now its is worth casting, but mostly to proc NG and it really slows down our rotation more than any of us would like for the damage it does. It has always been unnecessary, at least from a PvE perspective and most people I know hardly liked casting it. So good riddance.

As for AoE Astral Storm/Hurricane are going to be sufficient. In fact they are going to be sufficient enough that we can cycle eclipses every couple of channels and still keep up with others. Mushrooms will still outweigh shrooms for the GCDs used in solar, but not by a lot although it will still be required to weave them in to min/max AoE. After all the stuff we've had to do to min/max this expansion, even though it was kinda fun and interesting, it will be nice to go back to a cut and dry rotation that doesn't require making decisions to stall our rotation so often.
I'm glad to see it go. It was practically worthless if you had the debuff covered in the past. In wrath it was only mildly useful, but only for ithe effect provided by it in the glyph. Now its is worth casting, but mostly to proc NG and it really slows down our rotation more than any of us would like for the damage it does. It has always been unnecessary, at least from a PvE perspective and most people I know hardly liked casting it. So good riddance.

As for AoE Astral Storm/Hurricane are going to be sufficient. In fact they are going to be sufficient enough that we can cycle eclipses every couple of channels and still keep up with others. Mushrooms will still outweigh shrooms for the GCDs used in solar, but not by a lot although it will still be required to weave them in to min/max AoE. After all the bull!@#$ we've had to do to min/max this expansion, even though it was kinda fun and interesting, it will be nice to go back to a cut and dry rotation that doesn't require making decisions to stall our rotation so often.

Decision making was one of the things that I liked about the class. I personally dont like how they're dumbing balance druids down to a near faceroll spec. I play boomkin for the challenge.
04/09/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Lazurturkey
Decision making was one of the things that I liked about the class. I personally dont like how they're dumbing balance druids down to a near faceroll spec. I play boomkin for the challenge.

I agree, but I also see why they'd lower the effort needed to do par damage. I wish they'd do something to make our new casting priorities a little more challenging than what we see in Beta. I also wish Starfire's cast time was lower (damage and Eclipse generation compensated).

Hell, how about that for a PvP-worthy glyph?
Glyph of Starfire:
Starfire generates the same amount of Eclipse Energy as Wrath. Starfire deals the same damage as Wrath. Reduces Starfire's casting speed to that of Wrath's casting speed.
04/09/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Lazurturkey
See, I like our current rotation but I also find it really, really frustrating. It feels broken, like we have to cheat to make it work. I really like how graylo put this on TMR:
No doubt the moonkin rotation will be simplier in MoP then it has been in Cata. Players who excel at the current rotation may view that as a bad thing because the cata rotation highlights their skill and is more interesting. I personally found it more frustrating then entertaining. Therefore, I welcome the changes.
04/09/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Tagartou
I'm glad to see it go. It was practically worthless
That's why I propose it being changed into something besides a DoT. Maybe an Aura like immolation aura or something on a reasonable CD.

If they're butchering Mushrooms so much I don't think I'd even bother using them for a minimal increase in dps.
04/09/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Tagartou
Players who excel at the current rotation may view that as a bad thing because the cata rotation highlights their skill and is more interesting.

This is exactly how I feel. I take pride when I do good numbers because I know that it takes skill to make it there.

If I wanted to play a spec that was easier to DPS as, I would go play a hunter or something.