Help on Madness.

Shaman
Hi,
I was wondering if any other Enhance Shamans are finding their dps to be unsually low on madness compared to all other dps classes. I know spell weave is a huge boost in dps and my recount usually shows most classes spell weave accounting for about 8-12% of their dps while spell weave was only 2.1% of my dps.

I don't think theres anything wrong with my rotation, and I'm hit and expertise capped. I peak around 36-38k dps and usually level out around 33-34k.

So do any other enhance shamans find their dps to be unusually low compared to other classes? (due to spellweave)
I pretty much peak at 38k, but that was with a RF No'kaled in my OH, haven't tried since I got my 403. Truth is unless you get a chance at good AoE cleaves on bloods we wont perform as well as other DPS classes provided equal skill level + gear.
I'm usually between 41k and 45k on Madness, with my Spellweave amounting to anything between 5 and 6% of my damage. There are specs with lower Spellweave numbers, though, but yours are unusually low.

There is one thing that will hold your damage a bit, compared to other specs: The haste buff doesn't do much for you. While I'm normally on par or above the Frost DK I raid with, I can't get close to him on Madness, because haste is just too good for him.

As of now, I think what limits your damage are your weapons. Nothing more.
hunters will have a lot of spellweave procs from both them, and their pet, and explosive trap, especially on the regenerating bloods. just citing an example from another class.

also, if you want to try to "pad" your meter, if you target a blistering tentacle when they come out with chain lightning, it hits the main one as well(does NOT work in reverse). though that seems to not work on nozdormu's platform. :(
Something I've always wondered but have never tried since I heal, but does CL work on the blistering tentacles? For that purpose, then, is CL considered AoE damage or single-target?
CL only hits one blistering if you target it. it also hits the wing tentacle if you target a blistering, at least on kalegcos' platform anyways.
Focus on doing fs ll fn on bloods if you want to pad meter(no time for UE), or you can drop lava lash and just do FS FN if all the bloods are dying almost instantly. I think I did something along the line of 80k in a LFR where I had time to fire nova for an entire flame shock duration. As long as blood isn't killing the raid don't worry about it.
seeing as the 20% haste buff doesnt help enhance as uch as even tank classes, its expected. not to mention the difficulty in getting optimal use of our aoe on bloods.

but as usual, its not a wow raid unless enhance gets shafted on the final boss of the tier.
seeing as the 20% haste buff doesnt help enhance as uch as even tank classes, its expected. not to mention the difficulty in getting optimal use of our aoe on bloods.

but as usual, its not a wow raid unless enhance gets shafted on the final boss of the tier.

Except for where enhancement is actually pretty good on heroic MoD, which is the actual final boss of the tier.
04/14/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Elamism
Except for where enhancement is actually pretty good on heroic MoD, which is the actual final boss of the tier.