I have a 2008/2009 24" iMac:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, 512 MB
OSX: 10.5.8

Now, to date, this thing hasn't skipped a beat and I've had no problems playing WoW... but... as of this morning, World of Warcraft has been crashing and requiring me to restart the machine.

Typically, I login... then after a couple of minutes or as soon as I zone into an instance it will freeze, the mouse will become inverse (up becomes down; left becomes right and so forth) and I'm unable to do anything... not even access my desktop or anything in OSX.

Thus far I have formatted, installed World of Warcraft afresh... and scanned for the Flashback Trojan people are talking about, and nothing... still happening.

Thoughts?
Run the Apple Hardware Test,
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/aht.html
It will also help us if you post the crash report, so we can know what may be causing it to crash.

Error logs can be found in Applications/World of Warcraft/Errors
*Make sure you remove your computer/user name from the report.
Thanks guys.

Kusse,

Apple test passed, extended version also.

Machkhan,

That directory is empty.

Thoughts?
Open Console.app, located in Applications > Utilities folder. Check both the Console and System logs for error messages.
I'm having a similar issue on my 2007 MacBook Pro. I start playing and everything works great but several times a day everything freezes/people running in place like I am getting disconnected, and the internet to my computer is completely gone. I have to force quit out of wow and the only way to get my internet connection back is to completely restart my computer. By the time I can get back into the game I'm kicked out of a BG or a raid, etc. Hasn't been very fun. Any ideas?
Your issue is different from the original posters. It's best to create a new thread for assistance.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
I have recently been having an issue with crashing on my iMac as well. I have about a 90% crash rate when I die, in PVP or PVE, and questing. Not sure what the deal is, it seems to have picked up recently.
Please create a new thread for your issue Källisto, as your issue is different from the original poster.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.