Does Moon Guard have an RP portal?

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next

Why? Why does this work so well elsewhere and not here? Have we even given it a shot?

Where is the disconnect? If this has been a topic several times over, then clearly it should be considered as people do want it.

I say if you want to give it a shot - go for it. I'd use it, as I'm sure others would.

I will, tonight in fact.
Expect infromation shortly as I've begun making the purchases od the domain, server, and begin looking at applying programming.

Nay-sayers need not use it. Let's give this a fair try.

That being said...

WTB - moderators and guilds who would be interested in having a hand in this.

I'll make a more formal post about this shortly in it's own thread.
Don't say you weren't warned. If you're intent on throwing you money away on a venture that has been tried multiple times, and has failed multiple times for the same reasons, that's your prerogative.

Good luck.

With mentalities like this...
I think the drama last time was that there people who wanted to elect themselves to be the keeper of server lore versus an open ended forum where everyone could write on it.

I think outside forums are great, however when power is given to someone to dicate everything, that's when drama starts.
*Sounds like we will need a "critque" rule. That people will only get "reviews" of their stories and arts if asked for.
*Sounds like there should be a "lore" rule in place that also wraps into the critique rule.
*This will be an open forum...a bit of an art community, not a lore community.

The point of these forums are to provide a place for art and stories.....not hardcore lore pounding. If someone has not requested critques, then it isn't acceptable to lam-blast them. This is about rp and sharing....not about chest pounding over hardcore lore. Lore is great, but not to the point where rp isnt fun anymore.

I will be certain to include a few different reporting tools ino the forum to handle trolls, and less than desirable behavior.

I just purchased: MOONGUARDRP.COM - it is not yet up and active, but that will be where this will go down at.
Well for an example with the MG Wiki, there was the main moderator who was notrious for deleting wiki's of people whom he didn't like or editing their content. I think that prime example is why the community seems to be skitish about these kinds of things.
04/12/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Telchis
Well for an example with the MG Wiki, there was the main moderator who was notrious for deleting wiki's of people whom he didn't like or editing their content. I think that prime example is why the community seems to be skitish about these kinds of things.

Not happening here. I'm all about legal artistic envdors and creative freedom. As long as people are not posting flame wars, stealing art/stories and claiming it belongs to them, or posting pedo art there's very little reason to be involved in moderating an actual post.
04/12/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Banshih

Not happening here. I'm all about legal artistic envdors and creative freedom. As long as people are not posting flame wars, stealing art/stories and claiming it belongs to them, or posting pedo art there's very little reason to be involved in moderating an actual post.

Unfortunately people will not-- and choose not to believe you. I mean no offense by this, either. You seem like a real cool person.

Moon Guard's biggest issue along with not being able to ever agree on anything, is that people out-refuse to trust other people, which ends up being an issue when you're trying to build something like this.

Unfortunately people will not-- and choose not to believe you. I mean no offense by this, either. You seem like a real cool person.

Moon Guard's biggest issue along with not being able to ever agree on anything, is that people out-refuse to trust other people, which ends up being an issue when you're trying to build something like this.

I don't want people to blindly trust me. I would like for people to give me a chance to prove myself, and let this project have a fair chance. This is a community project.

Let me have my fair shot to prove myself. Let this project have a fair shot to get off the ground. I have built other rp communities in various different places over the years, so this is like climbing back into the saddle.

Though..I really don't want to do this alone. I really hope that I can rally interest and include more people. This should not be a 1 man show, others should get to be involved.
04/12/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Banshih
Though..I really don't want to do this alone. I really hope that I can rally interest and include more people. This should not be a 1 man show, others should get to be involved.

The moment you get someone to help you is the moment the drama wars begin.
If you're going to really do it, get some people you know you can work with and ignore those who continue to protest. Don't try and include their characters, either. Just you, your posse, and those who support you.

If you wait to try and have everyone reach an agreement you'll never even get a chance to start.
It doesn't work, because Moon Guard is a much larger community. It would be impossible for everyone to be happy and everyone to be satisfied.

And you already went and bought a website? Before anyone has anyone agreed upon anything? And you are asking people to trust you with the website?

Not gunna lie, the fact that you went and bought this on a whim shows you are kind of impulsive. Not a good quality for owning the website in my opinion.
@Banshih Count me in for posting couple of my characters RP profiles.

@the people who dislikes this, don't use her website and move on with your lives. Can't really say anything else...
It doesn't work, because Moon Guard is a much larger community. It would be impossible for everyone to be happy and everyone to be satisfied.

And you already went and bought a website? Before anyone has anyone agreed upon anything? And you are asking people to trust you with the website?

Not gunna lie, the fact that you went and bought this on a whim shows you are kind of impulsive. Not a good quality for owning the website in my opinion.

You're having a bit of a knee jerk reaction. I only purchased a .com name, which is just 11.99. This is the smallest, easiest step in the process. Now if I had purchased the hosting, installed the programming, and did custom design and posted rules...that would be impulsive.

It's just a simple to remember .com name. Nothing more.
04/12/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Anorthel
@the people who dislikes this, don't use her website and move on with your lives. Can't really say anything else...

Clearly one cannot rest until wills have been broken.
If you're going to really do it, get some people you know you can work with and ignore those who continue to protest. Don't try and include their characters, either. Just you, your posse, and those who support you.

If you wait to try and have everyone reach an agreement you'll never even get a chance to start.

Pretty much. I will -draft- some basic rules and share them based off of what people have posted so far as their concerns. From there we can modify, adapt, and change everything to bring it in line with the community needs. I'm doing this as a starting point...just a starting point for us to start moving forward on. Nothing is set in stone.

Now about the rules, I don't think everyone will agree with everything posted or suggested. The main point is that there is a common ground that we as a whole generally feel meets the needs of the bigger picture. More so, it's important to recieve input from people who aim to engage and help ...not hinder and nay-say because "its what we do".

Other communities can do this, there is no real reason why we can't.
04/12/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Satterly

Clearly one cannot rest until wills have been broken.

Look, I'm sorry but how bad can it be that some people will use her website...post stories and art of their characters? how does it harm you? How?

Oh maybe I will say that my Orc is the son of Thrall? (I wont lol) but if I did just ignore it? Like all those other sons of Thrall, right hands of Uther, left hands Kael'thas...and whatever else you daily see in peoples MRP.

I play (played) Lotro as well and we have a portal for our RP server (that is actually based on ADarchives btw) and once we had a problem about breaking or following Tolkien's lore in the portal's profiles. There was never a debate the mods just said: The portal is open for everyone, if you don't like someone's profile don't read it, ignore, just like what you do in game.
Boop