Guide to Rath Strat AV's (Update Coming Soon)

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 16 17 18 Next
I'll miss this most of all
i had a wonderful time with the rath strat people. its very sad that this was taken away.
Is this Still working?
I am curious of this as well, I am in an alliance premade but am looking to transfer back to horde and am looking for another premade
The Rath Strat AV's are rarely run these days outside of my own groups. On that note, I will be personally hosting a bunch of Rath Strat AV's likely Sept 2nd through the 3rd or 4th on the World of Warcraft Public Vent. It will be hosted in the "Premiere Events" section near the top.

-Rathamus, Founder of the World of Warcraft Public Vent (est 2007)
I am curious of this as well, I am in an alliance premade but am looking to transfer back to horde and am looking for another premade

Dvoracek, I just reached 90 on my first alliance toon and am looking for alliance AV premades. I have not been able to locate any info about how to join them. Can you send me that info to Starscream#1512? thank you.
The Rath Strat AV's are rarely run these days outside of my own groups. On that note, I will be personally hosting a bunch of Rath Strat AV's likely Sept 2nd through the 3rd or 4th on the World of Warcraft Public Vent. It will be hosted in the "Premiere Events" section near the top.

-Rathamus, Founder of the World of Warcraft Public Vent (est 2007)

It has been over a year since I personally have done any Rath strats.
A few months ago I logged into the vent and noticed the change with PreformAV and such addons and seen that not too many Premade AV's were happening.

I am curious, as I have had the urge to do some; How would one join up with the ones you host, Rathamus? Is there a newer addon that we would have to install?
In preparation for returning these games to the public for which they were created to serve, I will be revamping and updating this guide with the most relevant information there is regarding the Rath Strat AV's, where to find them and how to join. Stay tuned.
Thanks for the bump on this. I plan to get <BloodBound> to try this strategy.
supppaaa necro :D
Randomed into one of these today. Holy crap it was awesome. Felt like AV's of old.

When I get my PVP set up to date and hone my skills a little more I will be looking for more of these.

Thanks again.
Warning to any who see this. The premades run by Rathamus regularly abuse the AFK mechanics of the game to boot players who aren't in their group. This happened to me yesterday on one of my horde characters and I reported Rathamus to Blizzard for cheating, i.e. having his groups intentionally and regularly abuse the game mechanics.

These players are the lowest players in WoW and should have their accounts banned. If you join one of these groups just know at some point you will probably be reported for violations of terms of use. They don't seem to understand the basic concept that a RANDOM battleground does not belong to them and the other players are not obligated to follow their directions.

It doesn't matter that this strategy works or not. When you cheat at cards and abuse and grief other players while you do it, yeah it works, but that is not playing by the rules and is disgraceful behavior. I hope Blizzard sees this post as well and takes note, as there are numerous players who are obviously being griefed on daily basis by this group.

Thank you, have a nice day.
10/10/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Emerson
Warning to any who see this. The premades run by Rathamus regularly abuse the AFK mechanics of the game to boot players who aren't in their group. This happened to me yesterday on one of my horde characters and I reported Rathamus to Blizzard for cheating, i.e. having his groups intentionally and regularly abuse the game mechanics.

These players are the lowest players in WoW and should have their accounts banned. If you join one of these groups just know at some point you will probably be reported for violations of terms of use. They don't seem to understand the basic concept that a RANDOM battleground does not belong to them and the other players are not obligated to follow their directions.

It doesn't matter that this strategy works or not. When you cheat at cards and abuse and grief other players while you do it, yeah it works, but that is not playing by the rules and is disgraceful behavior. I hope Blizzard sees this post as well and takes note, as there are numerous players who are obviously being griefed on daily basis by this group.

Thank you, have a nice day.

While that sucks and all, I don't think it's a unique issue that only rath-strat groups utilize. Random people attempt to vote undergeared players AFK and get them kicked each day. While it sucks, I think the greater good of bringing 30+ players together for some fun in a Rath-Strat AV outweighs that slight abuse of the AFK vote. I can't say I condone it, but it definitely doesn't make them the "lowest players in WoW."
I just did this for the first time today. 3 straight easy awesome wins with triple digit HKs and 0-1 deaths. Currently waiting for the group to refill to do this again. The fact that this is going away is one of the most devastating losses in my WoW career. No, it's the most devastating.

RIP Rath Strat
While that sucks and all, I don't think it's a unique issue that only rath-strat groups utilize. Random people attempt to vote undergeared players AFK and get them kicked each day. While it sucks, I think the greater good of bringing 30+ players together for some fun in a Rath-Strat AV outweighs that slight abuse of the AFK vote. I can't say I condone it, but it definitely doesn't make them the "lowest players in WoW."[/quote]

Although getting mugged by a street gang sucks and all, it's not a unique issue. Happens every day. I think the sheer joy of being in a gang and running around abusing people outweighs any consideration of it being wrong or against the law. Therefore street gangs are not the "lowest".

LOL. This and the comment below it just continue to show how bribery works and how thugs control their minions. Who cares a lot of people are getting kicked in the middle of BG they are actively trying to win, at least I get some good honor and kills. Yeah, that's about it. Maybe that's the official stance on it too.

Sorry, people who abuse the kick system are EXACTLY the lowest common denominator in the game, and they are regularly breaking the terms of use. Nothing makes that OK. I was just trying to warn people that if you participate in this behavior with this particular group of thugs you are likely to get reported.
I wasn't talking about the kicking problem. We didn't even kick one person in any of the games we played or even thought about doing it. We wouldn't join unless enough of us made it in the queue so it didn't matter what the randoms did. Even then, we typed out the plan and communicated in chat as well as shared the public vent. I was talking about the subject of the thread, not responding to the conversation at the end that I did not quote or read. Abusing the kick system is messed up, but I'm pretty sure mad Alliance players are just making things up/ making a small issue into something much larger because they're angry about not easily dominating AV like they're used to.

Nothing stopping you from downloading Oqueue and joining in on the great fun... except Blizzard in a few days.
By the way our last two games were some nice quick wins using a much more generic strategy than the "act like Balinda bots then wipe them" strat that we used in earlier games. No Blitz, but we got Van down with two guards both times. Such great games!