A Leveling RP Experience?

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I'm going to start this reply with an updated list. Stay tuned for details after the break!

Updated list:

Kassandria: That's me! I'm obviously in.
Lavitt: Expressed possible interest
Venjin: Interested
Coulburne: Interested
Teratwince: Interested
Ambeergale: Interested
Tanria: Interested
Araindwen: Interested

I have another person that has expressed interest in game, so that brings to current total to nine possible people interested. Again, I'm leaving this until Thursday to finish gathering interest... but with so many people looking forward to this, I think it's time to start talking about possible scheduling times and game roles.

The best times for me to play are weekdays. I was hoping we could work with either a Monday or Tuesday night, somewhere between seven and eight pm realm time. If that doesn't work I could do Fridays as well. If you have expressed interest, please comment on how those times work with your schedules.

Also, at this time if people could start stating what roles they want to play. At this point it can be as vague as "I want to play dps" or it can be an actual race/class statement.
With the total number of people interested approaching ten, I want to talk a little bit about my ideas going forward with a larger group. There are two ways to deal with this.

The first idea, is to invite everyone into the same guild, but then break down the interested people into different parties. In this scenario, some might start in the human starting area, while others might start off doing work in Kalimdor. This method allows for the most people, but doesn't guarantee that everyone will have a group capable of running five mans. What this method does provide, is a better chance that we can do 10 man raids when they come up.

The second idea is a bit more restrictive, and requires more work. But it also helps me see who is committed to the idea. This process would be that once Thursday roles around I take a final count of who is interested. At that point, I will reveal where the group will be meeting for the first time in game. Then people will submit character proposals, talking a bit about their character's back story and personality. I would then pick the four other proposals that seem to work together best, and we will move on as a five man party.

I am inclined to go with the first idea. I like the idea of having many people involved (but possibly grouped separately) so that if life happens and someone has to step out, others are still there and the idea isn't ruined.

Finally, two of you stated that you might want to join later. My decision on that will be deeply involved with the two options above. If I go with the first, I can't imagine having a problem with people joining up later on. Azeroth is at war... and there is ample opportunity to meet new people. If I go with the second option though, then I would unfortunately have to say no.

So... a few more things from you guys. If you can comment on how you guys would like to see this progress, please do. Also, I will be going ahead and creating a guild for us. What would people like to see as a guild name? During the next week I will also be putting up a guild website, and looking into options for voice chatting. Do people have preferences for voice chatting methods?

I think that's it for now. As always, thank you for reading all I have to say, and for supporting this idea.
In my opinion, the first idea sounds like it would work the best, since as you stated it would be easy to fill in holes if people end up dropping out, plus it would allow for tackling content past 5 mans if people wanted to.

Thanks again for heading up this project, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun! :)
I'm somewhat flexible for the time being. If we're aiming for weekdays, I'm pretty free on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm also of the opinion that the first idea sounds best, since it gives the group some flexibility in case real life gets in the way (as it has a habit of doing). I'm also a little biased since I'd love to get my draenei warrior tank involved (since it would be possible with the first option). However, I am pretty flexible since I do have another character that I can adapt for this project as well—a human priest who'll start off as a healer, but I plan to be dual spec as a DPS as well.

As for a guild name... well, I'm not very good with those. :| But probably something that works well ICly? As for voice chat preference, I've been leaning more for Mumble lately over vent.

I'm pretty excited to see this project get off the ground. :)
Oooooh, I've been wanting to start a rp character on WoW - this is exactly what I was hoping to find! Definitely interested!

My only issue will be working out time zones, as I'm in Australia, but I'm pretty flexible so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm excited! :D
Oooooh, I've been wanting to start a rp character on WoW - this is exactly what I was hoping to find! Definitely interested!

My only issue will be working out time zones, as I'm in Australia, but I'm pretty flexible so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm excited! :D

Oh man, we can be best buddies since I'm on Pineapple time. 8D
Yay! xD
I agree with everyone else that option 1 sounds the best. Something like this has to be a little flexible. As far as time goes, Monday nights work best for me. I can make Tuesdays work if needed. I'm still deciding on what I'm going to play. I'm going to be rerolling an alt, that I know. It's between a pally and a hunter I think, but I might change my mind on it.

EDIT: I have a pally, mage, warlock, and hunter I'm willing to reroll. I'm one of those people that has one of everything. I'd like to stick to DPS and I can go with any race really. Also, I can work with Monday-Thursday nights. Weekends are my "me time"
I wish I had replied to this as soon as I saw this thread appear! I should have known much interest would be taken in this wonderful plan. I personally am very interested in this. The only days I would for see there being any problems with a schedule would be Friday and Saturday, I raid those days. *Chinscratch*

I also agree with everyone here, option one sounds the best, seeing as, real life does happen sometimes. D: Though as far as a roll, I am fine with anything, really. Be it dps, a tank, or a healer. Though with how MoP is, I am leaning a bit more towards a feral druid. *Wobbles hand a bit from side to side* Tank or Dps, I can do either well, I enjoy them both greatly.

As far as a guild name goes, I am fine with anything everyone else has in mind or chooses. I've never been very picky when it comes to these things, though, I have always tended to be in rather interesting guild names. O.o And I will leave those for a later time! For a chat, I personally do not talk a great deal. Very shy. .-.; But, I do not mind using Vent, Skype, or whatever else everyone uses these days. o.o Uhh... Mumble? *Has no idea what that is, even*
04/17/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Gömir
"It's not the destination, it's the journey."
Monday will definitely work, Tuesday i should be able to make it happen. The first does give more flexibility as you say so we should probably go with that. Edit: the only this is Thursdays are definitely a no go

I've got a couple Tanks, and DPS so I'm fomfertable playing either role, heals I've tried a couple times but it hasn't worked out. I've worked on a ProtPally and Hunter recently so I'd prefer not to play either of those
04/15/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Rulaandri
This seems like an outright necessity to me. Heirlooms mean the quest zones go by far too fast, so you level past the scope of half your quest log every ten levels or so. The point of this wouldn't be to get a new 85, but rather enjoy the journey for once.

I've done every zone achievement for all of the quests in every zone I've leveled my warlock in. Sure, you can skip the quests once a quest or two turns green, but it's a myth that those quests don't provide you a sufficient amount of experience.

And with me recently discovering I can't quest in a zone without doing every one of them, I've actually learned to love questing and realized that it isn't as bad as most people put it.
I wouldn't say no. What's the personality make up like so far?

Edit: I mean what are the current character concepts being tossed around. I'll play anything, I'm just curious as to who's in and what they're thinking of doing.
Monday will definitely work, Tuesday i should be able to make it happen. The first does give more flexibility as you say so we should probably go with that.

I've got a couple Tanks, and DPS so I'm fomfertable playing either role, heals I've tried a couple times but it hasn't worked out. I've worked on a ProtPally and Hunter recently so I'd prefer not to play either of those

That hat... looks ridiculous... on trolls.
I wouldn't say no. What's the personality make up like so far?

Edit: I mean what are the current character concepts being tossed around. I'll play anything, I'm just curious as to who's in and what they're thinking of doing.

I can only speak for myself soo....

The draenei warrior I have is a calm and friendly sell-sword for hire who prefers taking on bodyguard jobs, and constructs shields to help make ends meet. As such, she's very protective of those around her and isn't afraid to stand up for what she thinks is the right thing. Believing very much in the ideals of Velen and the need to unite the mortal races under a common banner to fight the Legion, she would rather try to mediate and work with others rather than letting a situation boil down to violence. Incidentally, she's Tanria's older sister, but neither of them are aware that the other is alive.

On the other hand, the priest would be an ex-warlock who had just returned to the Light after being severed from her connection to the fel. However, she has trouble balancing the light and darkness in her heart, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have her "assigned" to a group of people to look after in order to learn compassion. Her attitude hasn't really changed too much either—she's incredibly jaded and can come across as being manipulative and cruel at times. However, she's also the type of person who'll tell people to man up when push comes to shove.

The warrior would probably be easier to work with personality-wise, since my priest -could- possibly come off as being too abrasive. :x
I got a bit sad this morning upon realizing worgen are in a phased starting zone until like, level 13 or something. And then I realized! That a worgen might not be the kind of druid I was looking for. A Night Elf would work perfectly fine for what I had in mind to play.

I have always had this dream to play a very feral druid, near Savagekin, but not quite. So it would likely be a Nelf that is unpredictable, Tendency to charge off, Start fights far more often than one normally should, a bit headstrong, and can often be found in either cat or Bear form. Though, despite the whole bit of feralness, knows how to listen when the situation calls for it and is not afraid to lead people should something happen, or even take a hit if needed. Maybe a bit overly protective of friends and family. -shrug- Though, I am not to sure, it is still all up in the air.

Though if I do go with the whole 'feral' thing, It would likely be that she starts out normally and slowly makes the change to Savagekin. Mmm...

*Throws other random ideas out there*
Most weekdays should work for me for scheduling, depending on what time we start.

As far as character ideas ago, I would be fine rolling either a DPS or Healer character (class/race would depend on what everyone else decides to do). I have a few ideas I've been tossing around for both, but to be honest I'm pretty flexible. I have thought up several simple backstories for a few characters, however they aren't too developed yet since ideally the whole "RP questing/leveling" deal would be the main factor in development.

I always like the idea of a "scout" character, like someone who gathers intel for the group from behind the lines and works to confuse/disorient/control enemies during combat. Hunter and rogue are obvious choices for this, although I've been thinking even a priest might be able to fill this roll through creative use of Mind Control and Mind Soothe. Still working on personalities for them :X. Another idea would be a some sort of battle-healer, which I might even be able to tie in with the previous idea of a priest-scout...thing.

Either way, I'd be willing to fill whatever role the group would need.
04/17/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Colbourne
Either way, I'd be willing to fill whatever role the group would need.

This.

I'm Central (US), so I should be able to do it. Tuesdays/Fridays are fine with me but I'm more flexible/able to stay on longer on Fridays. Race isn't especially important but I have a vague outline of what I'd make so far and I'd prefer to be a Night Elf. If it's alright, I'll develop her story once we start. >.<

That hat... looks ridiculous... on trolls.

I dun' be takin' no fashion advice from Zealots, mon.

And I think it looks fine.

Edit: i've been tossing a few character ideas in my head,. but I'm pretty open to whatever
If ya decide to go with idea one I'd be interested