Farm bots

Frostmourne
Does anyone else notice a lot of bots on Frostmourne? Specifically twilight highlands? Recently I've taken to farming and it seemed like there was a huge lack of ore for the price a stack it was selling at (usually 30-40g). After mining ore for about 3 hours i had come across an alli rogue a few times that used mechanical movement etc.

So i took to the internet and searched up how to identify a bot and learnt a few things,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noJadd1lhc
That is how to identify a bot, if you put that on 720p and full screen you will notice the bot will head towards a white line or a "checkpoint". He also dives straight towards wherever a node is once its detected.

The economy on Frostmourne is shot, at least on horde side.(Yes it is nearing the end of expansion and things start to sell for less) But after identifying several bots over a few hours of farming i can see its a huge problem.

Basically im asking everyone to help report bots because its getting out of hand. I also understand that bots will forever be appearing and will always find ways of getting around blizzards detections but if even half the farmers went out of their way to identify a bot things would start to look alot better.

-Take the time to identify a bot if he is moving funnily.
-If suspected try strike a conversation or invite them to a party. (This does NOT mean they aren't botting if they respond, its best to simply report them to blizzard as suspected and hope that blizzard look into it)

http://casualwow.blogspot.com.au/2006/11/alt-codes.html
Here is a handy site that teaches you how to make letters with different symbols on it in case a botter has a name with any of these symbols on it, for example: é.
This is my face, not caring.
Bots have been around since wow was released, compared to the start of cata bots aren't very common anymore, This is not a new problem.
04/17/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Miirkat
Bots have been around since wow was released, compared to the start of cata bots aren't very common anymore, This is not a new problem.

I understand they have been around for a long time and the population of them may or may not have been larger in vanilla but the reality is they still do exist in large numbers (and ever increasing efficiency). I don't want this to turn into a QQ thread i just want to create more awareness for new or inexperienced players on what a bot can do to WoW's economy aswell as help them identify them and report them.
I think we should workshop this issue - Smellydruid, name a place and a time, and let us all meet and discuss this one. I'll bring some cookies for us to enjoy. I love solving a good mystery.
04/17/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Cosma
solving a good mystery.

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids!
The economy on Frostmourne is shot, at least on horde side.

It's pretty broken on Alliance side too.
I'll bring the suspect van for exposing mysteries, with kids!!
It is actually funny you mention this subject Smelly. I do recall not even 2 days ago reporting you and another druid for botting in uldum. Flying directly with another druid hitting the same nodes of whiptail then mounting up and flying off. I would have understood maybe hitting the same node everynow and then but not 5 in a row every minute :)

Not to mention the sharp upward movement right next to the dam wall. Not once not twice but multiple times I sat there and watched it happen.

It concerns me that the people who actually do bot are posting that there are too many botters.

Enjoy your time while it lasts.
Wow Smelly, is the above comment true??

The old "dob someone else in to take suspicion off myself" trick.

I won't be making that meeting now, and I definitely won't be sharing my cookies with you.

I'm shocked and appalled by this.
It is actually funny you mention this subject Smelly. I do recall not even 2 days ago reporting you and another druid for botting in uldum. Flying directly with another druid hitting the same nodes of whiptail then mounting up and flying off. I would have understood maybe hitting the same node everynow and then but not 5 in a row every minute :)

Not to mention the sharp upward movement right next to the dam wall. Not once not twice but multiple times I sat there and watched it happen.

It concerns me that the people who actually do bot are posting that there are too many botters.

Enjoy your time while it lasts.

I killed him in deepholm not long ago, he kept going for the same node, dieing and trying again. I guess he came back to his computer because he started trying to gank me a few times, never succeeded though.
Wow Smelly, is the above comment true??

The old "dob someone else in to take suspicion off myself" trick.

I won't be making that meeting now, and I definitely won't be sharing my cookies with you.

I'm shocked and appalled by this.

no, dont listen to the trolls :P
So, Smelly, which one of Sams kids are you?