How-to Channel for Kael'thas + mount/bag solo

Hunter
04/19/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Níssa
Got to say did the Slabhide guide and got the mount on the first try. ^_^ Still a little quiet but the guide is rather good.

wow that's amazing! Because of you I can start telling people that my guides have a 100% of leading to your first kill giving you the drake... 1% of the time!
I kind of wish I was kidding but I waltzed in and did what you suggested and killed the boss and got the mount I was like... No way...
I've been thinking of giving Kilnara in ZG a shot here soon. I've seen a Youtube video of a hunter soloing it, but it isn't a guide.

*wink*
I've been thinking of giving Kilnara in ZG a shot here soon. I've seen a Youtube video of a hunter soloing it, but it isn't a guide.

*wink*

haha, are you looking over my shoulder?! I just wrote down a few things I wanted to take a look at over lunch and you have just guessed one of them! too funny
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks Steev.
Any general tips and advice for the aspiring raid soloing hunter (such as spec, pet type, and general technique)?

If there is a guide for such information, could someone link it?

My plan is to dust off this alt and lvl it up with the raid soloing spec to get better acclimated to it.
It's great that you are making these videos. Keep them coming.
Any general tips and advice for the aspiring raid soloing hunter (such as spec, pet type, and general technique)?

If there is a guide for such information, could someone link it?

My plan is to dust off this alt and lvl it up with the raid soloing spec to get better acclimated to it.

For spec I would certainly recommend MM, my primary spec specifically. MM allows you to recover from moderate and consistent amounts of damage.

As far as Glyphs go, these 2 are of the highest importance: Glyph of Mending and Glyph of Misdirection

Pet type a I would stick with a Tenacity pet, the Turtle or Beetle since they have the shield wall ability.

General Technique, hmmm. I've played a hunter so long I'm not sure what I learned at what point. You definitely want to get a solid DPS rotation down and stick to it whenever possible. Which for MM would look something like this:

1. Hunter's Mark
2. Serpent Sting
3. Chimera Shot
4. Double Steady to maintain ISS (Improved Steady Shot)
5. Aimed Shot or Arcane Shot to dump extra focus, but be conscious not to empty your focus so you have enough to put Chimera back on CD as soon as it is up

Arcane takes a bit higher priority if your 4pc T13 is off CD. You can get some sort of ICD tracker mod to know that. Never above Chimera Shot though.

Rotations become less important as the encounters get more complicated, in phases where you really don't have a lot of straight uptime VS the boss' health pool. It's difficult to explain and will depend on the encounter and I should be covering that in the videos.

Hunters have an incredible amount of tools at their disposal, many can be used for more complicated reasons than they're intended. To put it simply, Disengage was meant to propel you away from your target. But if that is not the direction you're interested in getting to as fast as possible, simple jump and put your back in the direction you want to travel. Familiarize your self with the hunter spell book as you're leveling, bring everything out to your bars and look for ways you can use abilities that do not do direct damage.

Post is a little longer than I would like but I hope it's helpful.
04/19/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Puccini
It's great that you are making these videos. Keep them coming.

appreciate it, sir. I Have a good amount of video, will be adding audio and uploading this weekend!

Only thing that will definitely get pushed to next week is the Malygos video, the one I had is pretty old and near unwatchable for a variety of reasons.... and I had already cleared it this week before I realized. But aside from that should have a lot of things up by Sunday.

*wink*

I'll put up this video this weekend, such a fun fight, if you don't mind a little RNG.
Hey Steevnash, very good guides I subbed to your channel and intend to try out Keal some time this weekend.

Looking at your spec my only suggestion would be to move 2 points out of Careful Aim and move them to Concussive Barrage, I can't tell you how many times that talent saved me and my pet. I have found that most mobs and bosses do not stay alive long enough for Careful Aim to be useful at all.

Edit: I did also notice that I was soloing raids all this time w/o using the glyph of mend pet through...

I also didn't have the glyph of MD but that was me just being too lazy to replace that one.
04/20/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Tablemaker
Looking at your spec my only suggestion would be to move 2 points out of Careful Aim and move them to Concussive Barrage, I can't tell you how many times that talent saved me and my pet. I have found that most mobs and bosses do not stay alive long enough for Careful Aim to be useful at all.

Very good point, Concussive Barrage is a beautiful talent. Those 2 points are definitely floaters and depending on the encounter can be used different ways. At the moment I enjoy front-loading a lot of damage into an add, inside the MD. I view Solo'ing content the same as progression content, always spec for the encounter you're working on killing for the first time, and for the fights I'm working on at the moment Careful Aim is almost mandatory.

But would the add being dazed accomplish the same goal, except I'm ranged tanking while the add is slowing dazed around the room? hmmm, I guess that's why they're called floater points lol
now can i do these as SV? i havnt checked out the videos yet but im about to
04/20/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Framed
now can i do these as SV? i havnt checked out the videos yet but im about to

You've got great gear so there will be plenty of fights you'll win just by pumping out a lot of damage. I ran Vortex one time as Survival just to break up the monotony and it went alright, a little stressful for me though.

Readiness is another talent that MM offers that can be used as a big heal, Chimera-> Readiness-> Chimera could possibly turn into a 40k heal with double crit.

Hopefully Survival works out, I'm sure you'll be able to down a lot of stuff with it.
Once again the Baron is victorious!!! My friend wanted to come along for the ride and watch how I did it, as he had nothing else to do and this happened! About 10 tries / weeks.

Also feel free to browse my album!

Whole Album : http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashes of Alar!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/Ashes3.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/Ashes2.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x177/vamtheanomaly/Ashes1.jpg

Thanks for the extra tips OP!!!
Congrats Raygar (I'm on Kael'thas kill 71... It doesn't want to drop for me).

Like others have said, you must continue to LoS Kael'thas during the RP. If his MC timer goes off during the RP, he can MC you in P5.

I do (or have done) just about all of these. Only ones I've never successfully downed are the Frost and Wind bosses in VoA-10. I'm sure I could with some patience but I figure Earth and Fire are easy enough--I'll get the mount someday.

You could also add a video about killing the Twin Emperors in The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. That's another relatively difficult solo. Not so much for a mount or bag but for the AQ40 Tier (for Transmogrification).

I have also seen videos of people doing C'Thun (again for AQ40 Tier) but this is by somewhat exploitative means and I have never tried it so for all I know it could be fixed by now.
Congrats Raygar (I'm on Kael'thas kill 71... It doesn't want to drop for me).

Like others have said, you must continue to LoS Kael'thas during the RP. If his MC timer goes off during the RP, he can MC you in P5.

I do (or have done) just about all of these. Only ones I've never successfully downed are the Frost and Wind bosses in VoA-10. I'm sure I could with some patience but I figure Earth and Fire are easy enough--I'll get the mount someday.

You could also add a video about killing the Twin Emperors in The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. That's another relatively difficult solo. Not so much for a mount or bag but for the AQ40 Tier (for Transmogrification).

I have also seen videos of people doing C'Thun (again for AQ40 Tier) but this is by somewhat exploitative means and I have never tried it so for all I know it could be fixed by now.

TBH I had a bad day ALL day. I had been pvping most of the day and losing 70% of the pug games. My arenas were just as bad ( which I expect ) and we were getting some bad comps. We are so used to getting hard counter comps I think we are becoming better players. With that and it was late in the morning I said, "Well Im going to do Kael". My friend says , "Can I go , you can have the mount". Since hes been a friend for years I trusted em.

We had a weird alternative strat. Since my gear is pvp gear and my friend was in all pve and a resto druid I would have him eat the mind control sometimes lol. He couldnt really kill my pet and if he focused it I would distract shot him and take his miniscule damage.When we killed him I said "Ready to make history?" as I looted. I just felt it. Its kinda weird.

Also earlier I had did a "blessing ritual" for someone wanting the baron mount. I farmed it @ 70 and it became a coveted item as I was the only guy with it on my server alliance side. The only other player that had it, had quit the game. The "Baron Blessing" requires me to knight someone with the runeblade of baron rivendare as they kneel. Its for good luck. Then I get the ashes. GL To anyone still farming it.

I myself will be returning to help my friends he cant solo it and the money is good.
Hello, wanna be soloer here.

I looked at your channel and became inspired, but my solos seem to be lacking...

Any tips on how to gear up to solo quickly?
Hello, wanna be soloer here.

I looked at your channel and became inspired, but my solos seem to be lacking...

Any tips on how to gear up to solo quickly?
I'd recommend getting into 5 man heroics asap. PVE gear for a lot of harder soloing becomes a must simply due to things such as hit chance, DPS, etc. If you're currently unable to raid, I also suggest using the raid finder to gear up.

A lot of level 80-85 content can be solo'd using 359+ gear, although obviously it's much easier with higher gear levels. Depending on what you're soloing, be sure to bring food and agil/stam flask. Stam flasks are good for giving your pet extra stam so you have higher mend pet heals as well as higher growl heals. The stam will also give you bigger chim shot heals. You should only use it on fights however where you believe your DPS should be enough to beat any kind of enrage timers or the sort.

Just try to gear up normally like you would for PVE for the most part would be my advice. GL!
Ray, that's so epic you got the mount man!!! Congratz!!

Got a few more videos up today. A full clear of Vault of Archavon for the Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth.

Archavon, Emalon, and Koralon can all be killed very quickly and are pretty simple encounters once you see it. IMO, possibly the best looking ground mount in the game.

Toravon is a bit different and you'll have to decide on your own if the time spent doing it is worth it to you, remember even though it's more difficult they all only have a 1% chance to drop!

A full clear should net you over 800g even with no luck on the mount, all in under half an hour easy.

youtube.com/user/disteevnash