Searing Pain

Warlock
Not really a major issue, but, as for people like myself, I find destro to be a whole lot more fun to play in regular BGs. Because affliction is forced upon all the locks to be successful anywhere.

You name it:
RLS, WLS, MLP, MLS, Shadowcleave, Owlplay, LS, LPaladin, LP.

Essentially all +2200 teams are dominated by affliction. The only reason there is that small 20% NOT affliction is because they switched specs more than likely for PVE or BG reasons.

Anyway.

Why hasn't searing pain been modified to be cast on the move?
- Elemental Shamans can do this. (Lightning bolt)
- Fire mages can do this. (Scorch)
- Hunters can do this. (Steady Shot)

The last classes to be modified are the warlock and the priest.

But with dots being relied heavily upon as an Spriest (maintaining several DOTs), equally to destro (just immolate), the damage output versus the two is staggering when on the move, so it's more justifiable.

Benefits
1. It revives the old and dead skill. (I actually had to check my spellbook to remember the name)
2. It makes destro quite possibly a little more viable for PvP
3. In PvE scenarios, casting on the go may result in a dps loss from not spamming incinerate, but its better than not doing damage at all... Or standing in fire lolspamming. (Soulburn+Searing Pain possibly?)
4. It hits roughly the same as Scorch does, and mages already have it.

(5.) It can take the minor glyph spot for eye of kilrogg since that is essentially useless.Give the warlock something to make up for Cataclysms slaughter of the spec.

TL;DR
Searing pain should be able to be casted on the go.

Edited: Fixed the format
I have a magical story to tell you boys and girls! ^.^ Once upon a time there was this MAGICAL ability called felflame. You could use it while moving AND it can be casted while locked out of your shadow tree and fire tree!!!

THE END <3
04/15/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Locknrolled

Fel Flame is getting a buff that correlates roughly to what you laid out. Fel Flame actually, wait for it, HITS FOR DECENT DAMAGE NOW.
(5.) It can take the minor glyph spot for eye of kilrogg since that is essentially useless.Give the warlock something to make up for Cataclysms slaughter of the spec.

Umm... have you seen all the new changes?

Destro is still being "slaughtered" just... cut down into tiny pieces instead of being stabbed repeatedly. ^_^

That being said, I do believe searing pain should've been changed to a sort of Ice Lance for destro, costing an ember, being instant cast, and just having a high crit chance.
04/15/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Baalsamael

Fel Flame is getting a buff that correlates roughly to what you laid out. Fel Flame actually, wait for it, HITS FOR DECENT DAMAGE NOW.

Umm... have you seen all the new changes?

Destro is still being "slaughtered" just... cut down into tiny pieces instead of being stabbed repeatedly. ^_^

That being said, I do believe searing pain should've been changed to a sort of Ice Lance for destro, costing an ember, being instant cast, and just having a high crit chance.

Tis true. In beta with my current gear here fel flame's hitting for 7k per. Plus we just get many many more instant casts in general. Destro just seems to need balances in terms of its numbers, in terms of mechanics it feels ok. Ya know the whole 2 minutes I played it before crashing. Again. *sigh*
04/15/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Xylos
Tis true. In beta with my current gear here fel flame's hitting for 7k per. Plus we just get many many more instant casts in general. Destro just seems to need balances in terms of its numbers, in terms of mechanics it feels ok. Ya know the whole 2 minutes I played it before crashing. Again. *sigh*

... I think they intentionally made a bug where warlocks crash >_>

So we shut up for this past week.

Just watch, warlocks are going to be given A LOT of attention this Tuesday.
I'm not sure if the community has played SWTOR yet, but they have spells that require repeated tapping.

And that, is incredibly annoying.

As destro, I already DO spam felflame, but it is mundane and hits for <3k on resil targets. Versus icelance critting always for <20k on frozen targets.

Why not have felflame do the same thing? The buff used after conflag (backdraft) increase the critical/damage of felflame by X, and takes 1/3 of the buff after use. Adding another spell to the list backdraft uses.
04/15/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Locknrolled
Why not have felflame do the same thing? The buff used after conflag (backdraft) increase the critical/damage of felflame by X, and takes 1/3 of the buff after use. Adding another spell to the list backdraft uses.
Because then the half of the community that hates homogenization would start complaining, honestly all they need to do is increase the scaling on it when, for example, the target has immolate on them or the user has an unstable ember.
Can you honestly think of anything better to deal with the Destro spec? There are complaints, but not a lot of suggestions.

Demo seems to be getting some attention ._.
I'm actually still surprized that immolate hasn't been given the attention flame shock has for Elemental Shamans.
Can you honestly think of anything better to deal with the Destro spec? There are complaints, but not a lot of suggestions.

Once I get into the beta I can answer you better. but the main problem I keep hearing is "omg halp halp 4 second cast time!!!"

It's getting old... Honestly, Destructive influence and haste will fix it... the only problem I see is grimoire of sacrifice taking away the demon, which i suggest giving the warlock a stack every 1.5 sec while in combat when the demon is sacrificed.

Easy fix for destro?

Decrease SF damage increse, decrease cast time, allow Conflag to benefit from embers.

There. Done.
Fel Flame > Searing Pain in almost all situations
04/15/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Sheatus
Fel Flame > Searing Pain in almost all situations

That may be so, but like I said, minor glyph.

It isnt taking the role over anything, it's just reviving a dead spell. Using soulburn on something other than the port run speed (PvP).

And even if it required a major glyph like ele's, what is it replacing? 10% to immolate damage?

3500 tick damage becomes 3250. 10,000 ticks becomes 9000 ticks. In competitive PvP immolate is usually dispelled, that 10% is coming quite handy there huh.
04/15/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Locknrolled
3500 tick damage becomes 3250. 10,000 ticks becomes 9000 ticks. In competitive PvP immolate is usually dispelled, that 10% is coming quite handy there huh.
sorry but the 10% to immolate is also a dps increase to conflagrate (currently), meaning its a must have glyph.
04/15/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Baalsamael
Decrease SF damage increse, decrease cast time, allow Conflag to benefit from embers.

Get that implimented into a wordy post, my hero!
04/15/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Locknrolled
Get that implimented into a wordy post, my hero!

Honestly, what's the purpose of making a wordy post at this rate?

I did already actually, we all did. In Fallensaint's destro thread. We slugged all the issues out.

What did they do with the beta patch?

Increased SF damage.

They REALLY want us to have a 4 second cast time.
I'm hoping we get at least ONE blue post, if only to superficially reassure us that they're paying attention to wait we're saying.

What I'm suggesting with SF and Conflag is the most logical, obvious, simple solution to destro.

It would still have destro be rather simple, but eh, I think we can all live with that as long as ember generation and mana regeneration was tit-for-tat trade off. Alternating between mana casting spells and ember consuming spells.

Also, if with each ember we have increased crit chance and haste. Idk, something.
Good news...on beta fel flame hits for a not insignificant amount! (pray this stays true after the numbers pass)

Other news....stand and cast searing pain at something a few hundred times. Now repeat at the same something in the same gear w' the same buffs/debuffs....notice anything?

FF and SP do very similar dmg on live (at least in 403 pvp gear) and FF is not only instant but castable while locked out of shadow. Really the only thing I can think of searing pain being good for is casting to bait an interupt (while specc'd affliction) but you could theoretically just juke to similar effect.

Granted its 99% hindsight now but I always felt giving destro something where if immolate gets dispelled you got the 4xT11 tier bonus. (ie 3x super powered fel flames) Always felt a better direction vs dispels than trying to clone UA to a fire spec but its moot now.

Beta destro has been gone through in pretty good detail on the beta classes forum. I would just say here that anyone who is in the beta keep up with detailed feedback on a very consistent basis. Don't just talk the talk, log on and test "the walk" as much as possible.

PS before you get too excited please math out the DPET of a 4 sec cast....even critting for north of 150K its not as hot as it seems. That and by the time you pay resil tax and the loss of mastery from pve to pvp gear your 150K ends up closer to 15K for 4 sec cast.

For now I just want to see what they do with the NYI destructive influence. I'm affraid it will tie us to pets, especially the imp, too much but that is a discussion for another forum.