Management of Forum Threads

General Discussion
Ever create that one thread that you really like and then lose it? Want to keep a track of your favourite threads or threads you have posted in and wonder if anyone replied?

Blizz can we have an option for Thread and Forum Management?
I've often thought it would be useful to be able to mark a thread as a favorite, or even subscribe to one, getting a notification when there are new posts. I know I usually mean to go back after posting to see if there are any replies to what I've said, but I either forget to or lose track of the thread before I can.
Ummm isn't the View My Post button what you are looking for?
04/16/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Geb
Ummm isn't the View My Post button what you are looking for?

This is what I use to track threads. Occasionally I will also drag the URL to my bookmark bar for easy navigation, if I'm interested in the topic :D

♥ Aune
Most browsers have this cool thing they can do:

Bookmark.

Then you can like make a folder in the bookmarks, then put those bookmarks there.

"My Wow Forum Bookmarks"

Bookmarked.

Done.
If you are logged in and click your char in the top right you will see next to the profile button "view my posts"
Ever create that one thread that you really like and then lose it? Want to keep a track of your favourite threads or threads you have posted in and wonder if anyone replied?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?f=post&a=Berediusx%40Blackrock&sort=time

This?

04/16/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Geb
If you are logged in and click your char in the top right you will see next to the profile button "view my posts"

This is a handy little feature I think too few people know about. It's how I keep tabs on you. Every. Last. One.

This?

This is a handy little feature I think too few people know about. It's how I keep tabs on you. Every. Last. One.

I'm flattered. :p
I knew I wasn't just paranoid!

Yeah, I know about that one. What we really need is a "View last read post" for those 20 page threads.
Without the use of bookmarks, which is all fine and dandy....

I think it would still be nice to have a "track Favorite thread" or be able to pin a thread to the top of the list. As of now, its just the most recent post that you posted. I have several pages that I have posted in and finding that one Favorite thread requires digging through them.
View My Posts isn't really refined enough like the kind of features that can be modded into vBulletin/etc. board engines.

For instance, there's no View New Posts function, and no way to display your own posts by thread rather than by post (currently, it does display the threads, but it displays each post separately, even when they are all in the same thread, thus lengthening the list you have to browse through).

But aye, it's still better than nothing and is quite handy.

This?

. . .

I NEED AN ADULT!
Sometimes I see a thread I want to check later but don't have time to post, so it won't be in my posting history. I just want to come back later and review/reply after I go take care of that pesky "Real Life" thing.

The options we have now are decent but a little refinement like pinning a thread would be a welcome addition. I don't need more bookmarks in my WoW folder than I already have.

This?

I think what he is asking for is a bookmark system on the forums where he can keep track of threads he actively post in. Another forum I post on uses what they call a locker for this, and when you subscribe to a thread it goes in your locker. You can easily click it at the top of the forum and see all the threads you have marked that you want to visit. Works nice if you don't want to clutter your browser with bookmarks.
This is a handy little feature I think too few people know about. It's how I keep tabs on you. Every. Last. One

I thought it was by twitter facebook and those times with the binoculars when I was changing that helped you keep track of me.
>___>