I did Something Really Dumb (Q about GMs)

Warrior
So, I'm posting this on an alt because it's embarrassing. I'm a Warrior FC doing Rated Battlegrounds with some random people, and I know I need one more win to get my Cataclysmic 1H weapon. So we win a game, and the leader queues up immediately. I run to the Conquest vendor, buy my sword, throw Windwalk on it, and transmog to my favorite sword graphic. Que pops soon after.

We win again, and everyone has to go so the group disbands. I finally have time to appreciate my brand new weapon, and to my shock, I see AGILITY on it. So instead of buying the Strength sword, I bought the one with agi. It is no longer refundable because of what I'm guessing is the transmog.

So my question is, am I screwed? I already opened a GM ticket begging to have them swap out for the Str version of the sword. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them and can tell me how things turned out? This is gamebreaking for me, I already came into the season very late (just got back to the game not too long ago) and 2450 conquest points going down the drain is just too much. If I can't get this resolved I might just quit and sit tight until Diablo 3 comes out.

Any advice, or anyone with experiences with GMs and this type of situation would be much appreciated.
they put the 2 hour window to refund it for this very reason. because you refused to double check for your mistake im guessin you will just be out of luck
This never happened to me but you never know, if the GM is nice enough and you tell him the story he could properly refund your conquest but i am not to sure about the enchant.
Just see how it goes and talk to him, in the mean time try to reforge it see if you can trade the Agil for mastery or a different stat than can benefit your class.
It's not that I refused to check, I just I simply didn't have time to. Bad idea making such an important purchase in a rush? Definitely.

I know that's what the 2 hr window is for, but I really wish they changed it so that transmogging doesn't immediately close the window, because I'm still in the 2 hr window.

Surprisingly enough when xmogging it didn't give me the usual warning box of "this will result in the item being non-refundable" that I've seen before. Or maybe it was the Windwalk enchant that did it. I don't know exactly how it works.
I've done this and yes, unfortunately, you're SoL. Sorry. They put in the 2hr window AND confirmation boxes. I've done the EXACT same thing, though. Bought a +Spirit item on my Warlock, mog'd, and the GM straight up refused to do it.

Sorry about your luck. It definitely taught me to stop and double check. The extra 2 weeks was a frustrating reminder of how I've let so many things become automatic.
I've done this and yes, unfortunately, you're SoL. Sorry. They put in the 2hr window AND confirmation boxes. I've done the EXACT same thing, though. Bought a +Spirit item on my Warlock, mog'd, and the GM straight up refused to do it.

Sorry about your luck. It definitely taught me to stop and double check. The extra 2 weeks was a frustrating reminder of how I've let so many things become automatic.

Noooooooooo. Well that's depressing. I'm still praying that I get a nice GM and he can at least refund the points like someone said earlier, I could care less if I lose the enchant.

If not, oh well, I might just call it quits. This might actually work out better for me, I get to be more productive in life, at least for a month until Diablo 3 comes out lol.

Thanks for your response.

Surprisingly enough when xmogging it didn't give me the usual warning box of "this will result in the item being non-refundable" that I've seen before. Or maybe it was the Windwalk enchant that did it. I don't know exactly how it works.

Enchanting does make it non-refundable as well, so if you enchanted it first then that would be the reason.
Just wanted to do an update, a GM was able to send me the Str version of the sword, and even was kind enough to send a new Windwalk enchant! AWESOME!

So for future reference for anyone else who has this problem, don't lose hope, GMs can help!Here is the full e-mail they sent:

=====
Greetings (Name),

Game Master Korzayer here. I hope this message reaches you in good spirits!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Unfortunately, I was unable to catch you online so as to chat with you directly. :( However I received and reviewed your ticket.

I was just dropping by to let you know that I was able to find and send you a swap for the weapon you wanted :D.

I hope this helps you in your journeys! If so, you can go ahead and click ”Message Read” and this will close your ticket.

If you need more help or have any other issues, don't hesitate to let us know. Don't be shy, now. ;)

Best wishes and happy trails!Game Master Korzayer
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment

=====
I did that sort of on my druid, I accidently bought the cloth healing bracers instead of leather. But it was the jp ones and all my toons have the jp to spare I didn't bother opening a ticket.
In wrath I got the str Quel'delar like 2 months later discovered the agi one was better said i picked the wrong one they changed it.

When Cata was released I asked if i could switch it for the str one since the agi one was now terrible and they changed it.

GMs are usually fairly good about things like this
E: Just saw the reply you got and I'm jelly - and very sympathetic for the dude I know that didn't get his loot =/
I had the dps version of the 397 warrior tier legs about a month and a half ago, and I was using them for about a week before deciding I wanted the 397 tank instead to complete my tank 4 piece. I ticketed a GM, and they were really reluctant to do it at first, but I was super persistant, and hadn't used any restorations similar to that before in any way, and eventually I got to speak with the supervisor in-game and he ended up swapping them out, but said it was the only time I'd get to.

tl;dr be persistant, sound intelligent, and demand to speak to a supervisor.
Honestly, ur sol.

realistcally tho...ur talking less than two caps for proper weapon, and ur a FC...so the str isnt THAT big a deal. So for a few days u have a drop less parry, and do even less dmg than other 0dps tanks.

Dont sweat it. iv seen blood dks rocking cata polearms on purpose cuz they want crit (lol)
Idk - I just think this whole thing is ridiculous now. Due to a looting flub, I had a Hunter pug in a raid that didn't get the tier piece he was supposed to. He was the only one in the whole group that could have even used it. He wasn't upset or anything at all, but we both wrote in tickets about it, asking for it to be transferred to him. Doesn't seem like a big, crazy request to me.

Short form - they said no.
Can't be done.
Not even remotely possible once the 2hr timer has expired.

And not 10min after I got that email I read in here that not only did this dude get his sword exchanged, but he also got a free enchant to replace the wasted one. How amazing is that?

I know from past experience they can fix this mis-loot, seeing as I've had the EXACT same request fulfilled before in T11.

So - being a little miffed now, I reopened my ticket to respond to the GM who "helped" me. Just old him I was amazed at the discrepancy in customer service. Mentioned the GM's name the OP copied here - praised this other GM on his ability to resolve issues - then just stated my complete confusion at the inability of this particular GM to rectify the same damn problem.

Thx Blizz.
=/