War Time, a Rogues PvP guide (4.3) + FAQs

Rogue
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Requested for a sticky, I hope this gets stickied ASAP. Would help with alot of the questions starting rogues are throwing out.

Also, rating or not. Good information is just that, good information. If it's spot on and correct, doesn't matter if they're 1600 or 3000 w/e rated. Correct info is correct info, it's also nice to have a thread where players can come in and ask questions without getting their heads ripped off.

Thanks a bunch Snoz, good luck!
Thank you for finally posting an informative and positive post.

Requested for stickay
It appears as though the time has come for stickies to get re-worked. Lets hope both this and the PvE Combat one I made go up.
04/18/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Backstabi
t appears as though the time has come for stickies to get re-worked. Lets hope both this and the PvE Combat one I made go up.

All it takes for an out of date one is to open report it as "other" and explain that it is out of date and hasnt been kept up with.
04/18/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Snozyisback
t appears as though the time has come for stickies to get re-worked. Lets hope both this and the PvE Combat one I made go up.

All it takes for an out of date one is to open report it as "other" and explain that it is out of date and hasnt been kept up with.

Well, still took them a while to get around to that. From what I remember it's been reported for a rather long time (at least since the start of 4.2 when I started actively looking at these forums)
can you add in how to beat some classes in 1 on 1 situations. In particular ferals, frost and fire mages and other rogues. i usually beat em only if they are out of cooldowns or i outgear them

i been looking at dis

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4044745501

but some of the things in it sounds dodgy to me
I would say add a general guide with the basic rules of dueling certain classes in 1 v 1, but that topic really warrants an entire thread of its own, and would just clutter this nicely put together guide.

Nicely put together guide, btw. Sticky requested.
04/18/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Backstabi
Well, still took them a while to get around to that. From what I remember it's been reported for a rather long time (at least since the start of 4.2 when I started actively looking at these forums)

O wow, I know I just reported it today and its unstickied now

04/18/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Johance
can you add in how to beat some classes in 1 on 1 situations. In particular ferals, frost and fire mages and other rogues. i usually beat em only if they are out of cooldowns or i outgear them

I can work on it but this is mostly an arena guide.

been looking at dis

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4044745501

but some of the things in it sounds dodgy to me

Disregard anything said in that guide
04/18/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Weran
I would say add a general guide with the basic rules of dueling certain classes in 1 v 1, but that topic really warrants an entire thread of its own, and would just clutter this nicely put together guide.

I am mostly trying to keep it to arena/rbgs but I may add a section on 1v1s agasint harder classes like Feral druids and Frost mages.

04/18/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Weran
Nicely put together guide, btw. Sticky requested.

Thanks, had some help from Nahjx, Sheevah, and Rfeann
May as well tell them to delete the outdated one. People are being stupid.
Sticky Requested...i hope to see it up there soon :)
Q:what should I do when I know there is a stealther on the opposing team that is waiting for me?
A: Use a Sap macro :D

True...but...be a patient rogue. Last stealthy out of stealth has a major advantage. Only come out 1st if you absolutely have too.
I dont use rupture myself. but i saw a 2700 (not self proclaimed) rogue outside stormwind used it in a duel against another rogue you sure we do not use it at all?
04/19/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Johance
I dont use rupture myself. but i saw a 2700 (not self proclaimed) rogue outside stormwind used it in a duel against another rogue you sure we do not use it at all?

Hemo bleed does the same thing rupture does with less than a 1/4 of the cost.

Not to mention ruptures damage is pathetic.
True...but...be a patient rogue. Last stealthy out of stealth has a major advantage. Only come out 1st if you absolutely have too.

Not true, as RMP we have killed mirrors before the rogue and mage have come out of stealth.
Holy CRAP. Just one *week* for stickyness? Somebody clearly likes you, Snoz.

Kudos! Hopefully this'll ensure your shadowy wisdom catches the eye of fledgling PvP passers-by.
04/22/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Rfeann
Holy CRAP. Just one *week* for stickyness? Somebody clearly likes you, Snoz

Im a sexy man

04/22/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Rfeann
Kudos! Hopefully this'll ensure your shadowy wisdom catches the eye of fledgling PvP passers-by.

maybe I should work on being nicer :P
Awesome read. I will be studying the crap out of this in 2 more levels. Man, I wish there were guides of this quality for the other classes I play lol

Thanks man!
Awesome read. I will be studying the crap out of this in 2 more levels. Man, I wish there were guides of this quality for the other classes I play lol

Thanks man!

No problem, also if you have any questions feel free to ask them in this thread.

I check it everyday.