Frost Mage pvp questions

Mage
I had been playing Mage for somewhat of time, have fully Cata gear now. But still, some things I don't fully understand Mage.

I usually run 2s, rarely 3s, sometimes random bgs.

1. I have fully cata pvp gear, i'm using everything except belt, which is Tentacular Belt, is that good idea?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=77179

Anything else I should replace with PvE gear?

2. I recently just received Cunning of the Cruel, should I use it instead of both pvp trinkets?
(using Crit>reforge to Mastery that remove the cc & cata on-use Spell Power)

3. FoF proc, BF proc. So If i have all stacks up (2 FoF, 1 BF)
should I use FoF>FoF>BF?
I read that BF benefit from FoF but I still don't have quite it.

4. I read that when DF, always cast 2 FB follow with IL. I never be able to shatter the last 2 cast (FB/IL), only time I can when early frost is up. Is something I did wrong here?

So if early frost is not up, should I cast FB>IL> IL instead?

5. I believe that BF proc does not consider Frost spell, so BF won't benefit from Frost burn (mastery) correct?

6. Glyph of FFB is worth using?
I'm currently using Glyph of IL, FB, and Mage armor.Thank you for your professional time!
Hey spybot

For a quick background, I'm not the BEST frost mage, but I have a full pvp 403 cata set (not equipped atm), and enough experience to answer most of these:

04/12/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Spybot
1. I have fully cata pvp gear, i'm using everything except belt, which is Tentacular Belt, is that good idea?

That belt is fine, I use it with my frost set. Also, use an intellect trinket with an on use mastery if you can. Like: Moonwell Chalice And if you're human, use that with Foul Gift of the Demon Lord
2. I recently just received Cunning of the Cruel, should I use it instead of both pvp trinkets?
(using Crit>reforge to Mastery that remove the cc & cata on-use Spell Power)

Yes, this is a great idea. I would do that.
3. FoF proc, BF proc. So If i have all stacks up (2 FoF, 1 BF)
should I use FoF>FoF>BF?

No, use BF proc, because it doesn't eat a FoF proc, but a FoF proc will eat up your BF. So, BF > FoF > FoF.
4. I read that when DF, always cast 2 FB follow with IL. I never be able to shatter the last 2 cast (FB/IL), only time I can when early frost is up. Is something I did wrong here?

If you're geared all mastery (like you should be) Then you will only being able to get off a FB, IL, IL. UNLESS you have icy veins up or early frost is ready. Then FB, FB, IL
5. I believe that BF proc does not consider Frost spell, so BF won't benefit from Frost burn (mastery) correct?

I THINK the initial hit will count towards your mastery, but the ticks (if glyphed) will not. But I might be wrong with this one...
6. Glyph of FFB is worth using?

Absolutely 100% go for it.

Hope these help! Have fun.

Edit: One last thing, if you are human, use Cunning of the Cruel and Foul Gift of the Demon Lord. If you aren't, I would advise using Cunning. Post your mages armory link if you can please.
This is my mage, I just changed from pve gear/spec > pvp gear/spec as I lot out as pve

IDK how long it'll take to update my profile though but here it is.

BTW, are u sure about BF>FoF>FoF? I thought (or should say I know) it's BF that WILL consume FoF.
I was pretty sure that BF proc didn't eat a FoF proc. But I'll check tonight when I get off work and confirm that.
While I am jealous of cunning (been trying to get lfr version for my fire spec) I thought common wisdom with frost magery was that the random procs made your shatter combos and other cc unreliable... foul gift is awesome though.

Others feel free to correct me.
That's what I thought too, but a 2900+ rated (I think... maybe 2700) gladiator made a guide saying that foul gift is in the top 4 trinkets a frost mage can have... I don't understand it, but he's obviously better than us. It's probably because of the proc rate. But I'm not hardcore, and I prefer more resil, and an on use. To each his own I guess....
I agree with you - Foul Gift is awesome for frost.

My comment was on cunning...

sorry if that wasn't clear.
i use the heroic version of the insignia of corrupted mind( i dont know how to link the item) and the sp trinket(click use) and i #!#% crap hard core but thats just me use any kinds od ideas and see what you like
I wouldn't use cunning in frost; Use a mastery trinket instead. We're all single target burst (In frost, atleast) So cunning, while giving a tad bit more damage makes your CC unreliable for a 10-15k hit. Not worth it imo; Unless in fire. The belt is a great idea; I usually use belt/legs/trinket to drop resil for crit and mastery. Glyph FFB and dont try to hardcast two frostbolts into a deep unless you have early frost. In 2s you can drop to about 3.5k resil is where i'm comfortable at, and at 3s I try to be at around 3.8-4.2k don't be afraid of pve gear. I hope it helps :D
Is there any good pvp gear for frost mage in the 14-20ish range? Or should I just quest for good int gear?
What are BOAs?
thx all for great info and great tips, Especially Zadax and Zildjian!BoA = Bind to Account, use your 85 toon to buy justice/honor points buy.
Fully set BoA are shoulder, chest, weapon, trinkets (get from jp/hp) & head, cloak (buy from guild's reputation), ring is from arena gabash something I never actaully try to get them.

the others gears just go through LFD and you should find your decent gear in your lvl
Btw, if glyph FFB, wouldn't it destroy our root since any kind of dmg does that? I assume that 3 stacks of dots wouldn't easily stack.

So best shatter dmg I can output is when I have BF proc (in case no FoF), cast FB>BF right away on rooted target... I guess this works, thx!
Btw, if glyph FFB, wouldn't it destroy our root since any kind of dmg does that? I assume that 3 stacks of dots wouldn't easily stack.

So best shatter dmg I can output is when I have BF proc (in case no FoF), cast FB>BF right away on rooted target... I guess this works, thx!

I'm 99% sure the ticks from FFB won't break your roots. But my playstyle is fast and twitchy, so when I root someone, I damage them instantly unless I'm trying to get away. So I don't typically have a lot of time when someone is rooted and the FFB glyph is ticking on them.

Also, what I normally do for a shatter combo: I have a priority system that I use personally. It's like this - When they are Deep Freezed, BF proc > FB with early frost > FoF IL > FB > IL. It probably doesn't do the most damage, but it puts pressure on them hardcore and normally gets them scrambling to get back up, or puts them defensive.

Once again, that's probably not the best way to deal the cards. Play around with it and see what fits your playstyle best, and what makes you most comfortable.

Also, 1 last tip. That gladiator said in his guide, that you should cast spells as RARELY as possible. Meaning keep rooting constantly, and only cast frostbolt when you're going to shatter, or if you have to. Otherwise use your roots and instant cast spells.

Have fun
Ah k I looked up what boas were. This is my first character so im not high enough to get that stuff right now. Is there anything else I can do for better dmg right now im 14 and my frost bolts hit for about 60-70 dmg.
Since Im using tailoring I was thinking of making items and selling them to npcs. Then buying int gear off the AH or would that just be a waste of time? For example there is a body on the AH for 4ish gold. But I can make a bag and npc it for 2 silver.