Tank only weapon in LFR?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Are you(blizz) ever gonna give tanks a weapon in LFR that doesnt get taken by a dps? Every other role has a weapon that drops just for them. I have been doin LFR since the day it came out and I have yet to win a soul drinker on my prot pally. Every single DK and their mother has double soul drinker and I am tanking with a ilvl 378 Treachery's Bite. It's getting old tanking thru 4-8 bosses just to lose the only possible weapon for me to a dps.
You've already won 4pc t13, belt, shoulders, boots, a ring, a trinket and a shield, quit complaining. That's more than I've won on any of my toons from running LFR since it came out
04/18/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Ridiculisk
You've already won 4pc t13, belt, shoulders, boots, a ring, a trinket and a shield, quit complaining. That's more than I've won on any of my toons from running LFR since it came out

Admittedly, if you're willing to wait around for the 40-50 minute tank queue, you only have to compete with 1 other person at most for tank drops.
Plus LFR Souldrinker sucks for prot paladins according to the experts of Maintankadin, who know calculus and make my head hurt.
Items viable for only 2 specs are stupid - either they drop way too much (the common case) or they're so prone to RNG that you may not see one in an expansion. As long as you're fine with running LFR for 3-4 months and having a good chance of never seeing a single 1h str tanking weapon ever drop then I guess your suggestion has merit but otherwise you're just asking for a handout of bloated gear droprates (holy paladin syndrome).

I hope going forward they continue at least spreading it out to frost dks and theoretically fury wars.
You're better off with the 378 mace from Well of Eternity purely for the secondary stats and the fact that the proc rate on the LFR soul drinker suck

Edit: You're still under CtC by a fair amount so it really wouldnt benefit you to have souldrinker over the 378 from WoE
Oddly enough, there seems to be no 2H tanking weapon for Blood DK in LFR. So I don't even get a chance to roll on one. I use the mace from HoT dungeons to tank instead.

I did managed to win a LFR Guth though, I use it sometimes when running dalies or when running normal dungeons to grind reps.
What role has a weapon dropping just for them?

Also, I'd suggest Hand of Morchok. You need to block cap before you worry about Souldrinker, and even then it's meh.
@Op

dont worry about a weapon in LFR until you figure out what youre doing with your gear...
Why oh why would you reforge 234 dodge into 280 expertise, and then turn around and reforge 272 parry into 272 dodge. I saw that and my eyes actually crossed like i was reading something strange...

If you want a little more expertise, use glyph of seal of truth. Gives you 10 expertise when seal of truth is active.

sorry, but....shuddddderrrrr

fix it

edit: i see youve killed morchock 5 times on normal, your luck must suck, i got my hand on second kill....
04/18/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Pogo
What role has a weapon dropping just for them?

Rogue
Healers
DPS w/ the caster dagger

anyway

Souldrinker sucks
and get glyph of seal of truth :(, that and dropping hallowed ground will help you more than loot.
04/18/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Dasnorlax
Are you(blizz) ever gonna give tanks a weapon in LFR that doesnt get taken by a dps? Every other role has a weapon that drops just for them. I have been doin LFR since the day it came out and I have yet to win a soul drinker on my prot pally. Every single DK and their mother has double soul drinker and I am tanking with a ilvl 378 Treachery's Bite. It's getting old tanking thru 4-8 bosses just to lose the only possible weapon for me to a dps.
Must be nice to only have to compete with ONE other player for ALL but ONE equip.

I have no sympathy for you having to compete with more then ONE other player for ONE equip.

QQ moar.
gunship shield would count as a tank-only weapon, wouldn't it?
There's no tank-only weapons in normal/heroic modes either.
04/18/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Cullodina
There's no tank-only weapons in normal/heroic modes either.

People say the Axe off Morchok is an OK weapon to use, more so the Heroic version, but yeah, Souldrinker is the only weapon that feels tanky in the instance.

I have no idea why Blizzard designed loot that way.
04/18/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Nomera
Must be nice to only have to compete with ONE other player for ALL but ONE equip.

I have no sympathy for you having to compete with more then ONE other player for ONE equip.

QQ moar.

must be nice to not have to follow any mechanics as a ret pally in LFR, at least as a tank i have to do mechanics on most fights or i will die/raid will wipe...and its not like i only have to compete with 1 other person for my gear, just offpieces and even then a ret pally or dk dps or even a holy pally will roll need and win it alot of times...
04/19/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Dasnorlax
must be nice to not have to follow any mechanics as a ret pally in LFR, at least as a tank i have to do mechanics on most fights or i will die/raid will wipe...and its not like i only have to compete with 1 other person for my gear, just offpieces and even then a ret pally or dk dps or even a holy pally will roll need and win it alot of times...

Please

PLEASE

Don't act like pushing a button once every 45 seconds makes this game hard for you.
Entitled tanks are the worst.
I have no idea why Blizzard designed loot that way.

I think its a great idea if they completely removed the distinction between plate dps & plate tank armor. And between plate dps & plate tank 1h weapons. But they'd have to add more than one piece of armor, and more than weapon, per tier then.
You're better off with the 378 mace from Well of Eternity purely for the secondary stats and the fact that the proc rate on the LFR soul drinker suck.

This. So much this.

Rather than thinking "I want this loot because it looks cool or has a higher ilvl than the thing I already have," just ask yourself "What do I need to do with my character, and what gear best helps my toon along that path?"

"But Desu, you have a Souldrinker already!"

Yes, but I'm also CTC-capped for raiding (I have the mace as a backup weapon), and the extra stamina doesn't hurt.