Survival PvE, for 4.3!

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
I'm going to listen to this level 46 hunter and use noxxic and EJ as my only source of how to play my hunter.
Added a "What to Eat" section.
Hi all I was looking through your thread specifically for haste plateau information. Been trying to determine best stat ratio on my current hunty as I have been seeing other surv hunters pulling better dps with same rotation. If anyone could maybe post an updated haste plateau chart or a link to somewhere with one I would be appreciative!

I am currently looking at this link: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2011/03/sv-hunter-rotation-haste-plateaus/

But this is for tier 11 gear and I am working into heroic 13's so any feed back or help would be great!
Edit: nvm
Jonboi, basically you want 758 haste and 3/3 pathing, which should get you to a Cobra Shot cast time of 1.66 seconds. After that, you should go mastery. Note that in your gear, you WILL NOT be able to hit that low, but try to get as low haste as possible.
Hi all I was looking through your thread specifically for haste plateau information. Been trying to determine best stat ratio on my current hunty as I have been seeing other surv hunters pulling better dps with same rotation. If anyone could maybe post an updated haste plateau chart or a link to somewhere with one I would be appreciative!

I am currently looking at this link: http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2011/03/sv-hunter-rotation-haste-plateaus/

But this is for tier 11 gear and I am working into heroic 13's so any feed back or help would be great!

Whoa. You reforged out of critical strike rating. That's no bueno.
Hey guys, can you please critique my reforges/gems/enchants (I know I need pants enchant but don't want to put it on that pvp piece, same with the belt) Also my spec please. Thanks!!

<3
Chest Shoulder Glove enchant missing, all 3 of those are PVE tier pieces, no real excuse for that one.

Your wolf isn't specced correctly (should be 2/2 wild hunt instead of shark attack). You should also pick up a Dragonhawk and Cat at the bare minimum. 8% spell damage is actually the single most important buff/debuff to a survival hunter's damage.
Deceitful, possibly an addendum to the pet section: buff priorities.

For personal DPS:
Dragonhawk (8% Spell Damage) > Cat (STR/AGI) > Wolf (5% Crit) > Raptor (Sunder) > Ravager (4% Physical)

Obviously that gets shuffled around a lot if you are trying to prioritize for the whole group. I just through telling the hunters what debuffs are most important to themselves would be useful.
i dont always read guides, but when i do, its this one.
Chest Shoulder Glove enchant missing, all 3 of those are PVE tier pieces, no real excuse for that one.

Your wolf isn't specced correctly (should be 2/2 wild hunt instead of shark attack). You should also pick up a Dragonhawk and Cat at the bare minimum. 8% spell damage is actually the single most important buff/debuff to a survival hunter's damage.

Ok thanks for the info :) I'll make sure to pick up those enchants/pets asap.
thanks for the info btw. And So... were no longer using the ES >CS > ES> CS> ES during LnL proc?

Now its more like ES>ES> CS> ES
or
ES>AS>ES>AS>AS> ES?
adjusted for focus?

I thought due to the fact clipping the tick/dot you would go with the above so to include filler shots... did a patch change that

And do we still get focus for when CS hits or do we have to let it cast completely

oh and is the 2 t12 set bonus even worth keeping if not i have the pieces to replace it just been iffy because i only want to switch out for the 4set bonus for t13

oh and request a sticky for this

ES>AS>ES>AS>AS> ES?
adjusted for focus?

I gotta say, I've never heard of this one before. :P

The ES ticks won't clip so you should be using:

ES>ES>AS>ES or ES>ES>CS>ES
OR
ES>AS>ES>ES or ES>CS>ES>ES

I prefer the first row of options.
Well I always seem to have abundant focus due to the T13 set bonus. Im always making my shots atleast.

So now we can get the full 9 tics? with just ES>ES>AS>ES
That seems too nice... Did we lose something? Js generally when we get a nice addition like that one of our something gets nerfed...
Well I always seem to have abundant focus due to the T13 set bonus. Im always making my shots atleast.

So now we can get the full 9 tics? with just ES>ES>AS>ES
That seems too nice... Did we lose something? Js generally when we get a nice addition like that one of our something gets nerfed...

DOT clipping was adjusted back before Cata came out I believe. You could have been doing it that way the whole time.

The problem is, Surv got nerfed to hell early in Cata, so people stopped caring about optimizing it.
Ah I see. Yeah we did take a huge whack in the face with a Nerf stick.

DOT clipping was adjusted back before Cata came out I believe. You could have been doing it that way the whole time.

The problem is, Surv got nerfed to hell early in Cata, so people stopped caring about optimizing it.

^I dont remember reading about it in patch notes I just picked up on it recently. I only play this game in cycles so i do see it as something I could miss. glad i picked up on it now my dps has always been in the top 5 raid wise so Maybe it will bump me up a few spots
Great guide. Decided to dust this guy off and remember how to be a hunter... this thread helped.
Hey, here's a question. I've read multiple times now in this thread that firing ES multiple times in a row will not clip the dot left from the initial hit. If this is the case, wouldn't it make the most sense to skip the AS altogether and just do triple ES? That way it would come off CD faster.

Just my two cents.