Feature request: Name/restrict event starters

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So wiping because some moron wants things to get underway ASAP before everyone is ready isn't fun. I'm sure everyone's experienced it on basically every encounter in Dragon Soul/Looking for Raid. so I'm hoping we can get a simple feature added to the game to either:

a) prevent this happening
b) identify the instigator so that they can be dealt with.

The first option would just restrict it so that only the raid leader/those with assist can start an event.

The second would identify who pulled the boss on non-event bosses (such as Morchok).

Thoughts?
The first option just leaves the power for that guy who cannot be kicked w/ raid leader to hold a group hostage.

the 2nd option just leads to griefing, "He started it! kick him!" "But everyone was ready!" "But we wiped! kick him!" (This has popped up more times than I'd like to count.
This would require some extra coding, but you could have LFR bosses not pullable for a short period of time after the last trash pull or previous boss death in the case of Fall of Deathwing. Say 30-45 seconds or so, which gives everyone time to drink up and buff up. There'd be a visual timer on the screen counting down to let the group know too where they stand. Just a thought.
04/18/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Digerati
This would require some extra coding, but you could have LFR bosses not pullable for a short period of time after the last trash pull or previous boss death in the case of Fall of Deathwing. Say 30-45 seconds or so, which gives everyone time to drink up and buff up. There'd be a visual timer on the screen counting down to let the group know too where they stand. Just a thought.

They have this for Madness

people still take the full 3 mins of RP to stare at loot.
It's also not fun standing around waiting for no reason (happens a lot). like if there's 24 people on madness. who cares, just go.

I don't think designated pullers would work; but each pull should be immune until the previous pull is complete and loot done
04/18/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Lostaroll
the 2nd option just leads to griefing, "He started it! kick him!" "But everyone was ready!" "But we wiped! kick him!" (This has popped up more times than I'd like to count.

You are literally the only person who claims that this happens to them. I have never seen it happen or heard of it happening outside of this one argument that you make constantly. That means it is a bad argument.
04/18/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Mnemonic

You are literally the only person who claims that this happens to them. I have never seen it happen or heard of it happening outside of this one argument that you make constantly. That means it is a bad argument.

Personal experiences are a great way to prove if it's actually happening or not
I think one of the things that could be done is to make it so something like 3-5 people have to confirm to start it up. Unless you want to create a guild group of 20 some people and grief a couple of people you can't really grief like that. And then on the other hand it makes it so that more than one griefer has to be present to get it to work. And yes, some people will queue together and grief people for the lulz, they already do it now, but unless someone wants to point out something bad about this suggestion this can reduce it griefing by at least an OK margin.
04/18/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Big
Personal experiences are a great way to prove if it's actually happening or not

The burden of proof isn't on me.
I had this happen the other day when I was healing...I was getting the quests from the beginning of Tol'vir, and another party member had just zoned in, and the tank ran out and pulling. By the time I even left the room, the tank was at like 10% health, and he died. I just said "next time, try waiting for your party."For the second part of your solution, take a look at

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/whopulledIt's not perfect though (like if a shammy brings out a totem, it tends to count them as pulls).