Why such stat gain in Cata?

Arenas
This is not a QQ post because final stats at 85 don't really affect the lower levels but I am just CURIOUS, why is it that stats went up so high in a mere 5 levels in cata?

Geared level 70's were around 12-17k health or so if I remember correctly, level 80's were 25-35k or so. And that's a 10 level differentiation, now only 5 levels later it's exponentially quadrupled where geareds are at 200k health easily.

I'm just curious why did they do that? It used to be a few geared 60's can take down a 70 and same for 70 to 80 etc...now a 85 can probably annihilate over 50 level 70-75's or higher, it's just weird to me.

And also creates the stupid problem of twinks at 79 which are the most retarded I've seen. They're in a bracket with guys that have 10-13k health and they're critting 20k and have 40-50k health because they get cata gear and farm the 79 bracket. I got 1 shotted by 20k eviscerates from a twink rogue on my 14k health 78 shammy.
They planned on greatly increasing hp while scaling damage much slower. This is not what happened in the end.
Well that's a joke cus all stats skyrocketed meteorically not just stamina so basically people can still get global'd and 3 shotted and whatnot at 200k health so what's the point. Just real stupid to me. What's the health gonna be at level 90/ Pandaria?? 1 million?
04/20/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Phaeion
Well that's a joke cus all stats skyrocketed meteorically not just stamina so basically people can still get global'd and 3 shotted and whatnot at 200k health so what's the point. Just real stupid to me. What's the health gonna be at level 90/ Pandaria?? 1 million?

04/20/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Ticatwo
This is not what happened in the end.