*update please* Queen's Garnets exploit

Customer Support
Please don't bump old threads - particularly not to spread rumors or attack other posters who are just trying to help you preserve your posting privileges.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
04/28/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Shyfox
I'm bringing this thread back alive. I bought 20x queen's garnets for 9,000g twice and im like 99% sure now after reading this thread they aren't real. What do I do?! Will they vanish on me? This dupe/exploit needs to stop now.

No, they are real. It is possible that they were not legitimately sold to you. Hackers steal these things from individuals and guild banks and sell them cheap to get gold to "sell". I for one do not believe the "duping" rumor. There are guilds that are sitting on a lot of these things.

A raider with high level bank access in my guild got hacked the other night. We noticed him log on, not respond to anyone, and immediately start removing people from Real ID. The Guild Leader was online and IMMEDIATELY demoted him. If that hadn't happened he could've cleaned out our guild bank easy and we have quite a few gems in there.
04/28/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Trancefox
I'll necro if I feel like it

You might want to re-read the forum code of conduct, you'll find the link to it just under the edit box where you type out your post.

while you hide behind a lv 14

We don't play that game here. The level of the toon is irrelevant, especially when many of us have been lurking/posting in this forum for years.

04/28/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Trancefox
First, its not a rumor.

Duping, yes, it is. Sorry.
First, its not a rumor.

There has been no confirmation from Blizzard - anywhere - that actual duplication exploits are the cause of what people are seeing. There has been an awful lot of people who claim that - hence the point that this is a rumor.

Second, 7 days is far from necro.

In such a fast-moving forum, sometimes even a couple of days is sufficient.

Consider it a friendly piece of advice, if you'd like to be able to reply to future threads.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
I'll necro if I feel like it while you hide behind a lv 14. Sounds like you want the exploit or whatever to stay hidden

True, you're welcome to necro any thread you choose to, but that doesn't make it acceptable. As for wanting the exploit to stay hidden, how exactly did you get that from me suggesting that you put in a ticket?

I'll post on whichever toon I please also. I don't know how well having over 4000 posts on this toon over the years is keeping me "hidden" though. Please do not troll this forum. It's not recommended.
04/28/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Trancefox
Yeah, MVP's are so powerful.

So, was there something you needed a hand with? Or are you just hiding under a bridge waiting to attack other posters?
I'll post on whichever toon I please also. I don't know how well having over 4000 posts on this toon over the years is keeping me "hidden" though. Please do not troll this forum. It's not recommended.
please do not accuse people of trolling this a violation of the CoC.

blizzard gave you tools to report trolling. please use them instead of calling people out.
please do not accuse people of trolling this a violation of the CoC.

blizzard gave you tools to report trolling. please use them instead of calling people out.

Ironic?

If you think that you've come into possession of some ill-gotten goods, feel free to report yourself and the player you purchased them from. Nobody here can tell you what's going to happen to those garnets.

Otherwise, please do not necro threads even from several days ago as it can lead to a lot of confusion and is against the forum rules. Best to start your own thread.

I'll necro if I feel like it while you hide behind a lv 14. Sounds like you want the exploit or whatever to stay hidden.

We don't play the level game in the Customer Support forum. All the regulars have posting characters they use just for the forums. This is not the General forum so please don't troll.
04/20/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Dockìng
Is it possible to get an update on this growing problem?

I cannot comment as to whether or not this is a "growing" problem, the same as I cannot comment on whether or not it is a problem at all.

I will say, however, that we have a team of dedicated individuals working to ensure that server economy integrity is maintained. If and when exploits arise which may threaten that, a plan of action is quickly devised and implemented (think hotfix).

I feel that your concern for the issue is genuine. In that regard, thank you for reporting this matter. However, I also agree with Perl on this one:

If you think that you've come into possession of some ill-gotten goods, feel free to report yourself and the player you purchased them from. Nobody here can tell you what's going to happen to those garnets.