how to cancel my account?

Customer Support
09/08/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Mâlren
I have done both of those things. Thanks.

Great!! have a wonderful day. (=
I have "agreed" to the annual pass and still want to cancel my account. Blizzard has given a 12 hour window on a particular day to cancel this. This is almost outright theft. I should be able to cancel charges to my credit card at any time I wish. This is a voilation of my rights as a consumer, and an insult after 6 years of paying for the game.

My obligation for the annual pass has been met. I payed for, and played one year. I cancelled my account once before, online, no issues, and was allowed to play to the end of my subscription, without problem. Blizzard has changed their policy on this, in an attempt to grab money from people who want to cancel their accounts, but can't now, because of their policy change. Very sad.

Actually, Blizzard didn't give you any specific time period. You had a recurring subscription on your account and you chose when to sign the Annual Pass during the 7 months you could sign up. If you signed up with 2 weeks to go on your subscription, you would have 2 weeks to cancel after your Annual Pass expires. If you sign up on the same day as your subscription expires you back yourself into a wall.

Did you not think through how the end of the pass would work when you signed up?
My apologies for arriving to the party so late. Even though this is a necro, I'm going to address your issue, Malren, as I think it might help others who venture onto this thread.

My obligation for the annual pass has been met. I payed for, and played one year. I cancelled my account once before, online, no issues, and was allowed to play to the end of my subscription, without problem. Blizzard has changed their policy on this, in an attempt to grab money from people who want to cancel their accounts, but can't now, because of their policy change.

While under WoW Annual Pass, you are not eligible to cancel the subscription until 1 year has expired/passed -- even if you have paid for the full year, the credit card is still required to remain on the account until the subscription year ends.

Your WAP ends in November. And while you have paid up in advance, if we remove the credit card, you will lose all of your benefits that you've been paying for.

Furthermore, regarding this:

09/08/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Mâlren
Third, I want to expose the change in policy that Blizzard has made.

No policy change has occurred.