What Is "ERP"?

New Player Help and Guides
Hi guys

I think Blizzard did an excellent job of explaining the basics of World of Warcraft, I've been able to figure pretty much everything out so far, but I just can't find out what "ERP" is

Whenever I go to Stormwind, or even outside of Stormwind in Elwynn Forest, I see people looking for more players, for this "ERP"
ERP = Erotic role play

It's essentially the MMO version of phone sex, sexting, x-rated web-cam feeds, etc. Your server's town of Goldshire is considered by most to be the "red light district" for your realm. Every RP realm has a strange and seedy location where all the ERPers like to congregate, it just happens to be front and center in a major quest hub on your realm.

Most people who participate in RP do not partake in ERP. True RP (Role play) is more akin to an improve performance with in-game friends and acquaintences. Your character is your role in the skit and the in-game WoW universe is the setting. It's very similar to what players do with tabletop RPG's like Dungeons and Dragons.
Hi guys

I think Blizzard did an excellent job of explaining the basics of World of Warcraft, I've been able to figure pretty much everything out so far, but I just can't find out what "ERP" is

Whenever I go to Stormwind, or even outside of Stormwind in Elwynn Forest, I see people looking for more players, for this "ERP"

One piece of advice since I've noticed you rolled on Moon Guard (Alliance at that!)...stay away from about half of your faction's population. Oh, and ALWAYS stay away from Goldshire.
Elaborating on what Avanna said, it's also technically not permitted under the Terms of Use. However when the participants keep it out of public channels, odds are they won't report one another to get actioned. Then again you also wouldn't come into contact with it so it wouldn't be much of an issue.

As for whether or not it's bad/good/whatever (as Evilknieval showed with guns blazing) that's entirely up to you. I personally enjoy it as writing fodder for outside the game, but that's just me.
it stands for erotic roleplaying indeed.

it's more or less the equivalent of sexting or cybering but while staying in character.

simply put it adressed the naughty things characters do to one another as opposed to the players themselves.
It's mostly harmless...not my thing, but it exists if you know what rooms to stumble into.