there are warlocks everywhere now

Warlock
I barely see one (even alts) on a daily basis....now in the past week I have seen tons of them all over the place....all in the process of leveling.

Did you guys get a buff or something I don't know about?
It's the rise of the lock for MOP now all the sheep will follow suit.
Blood Fear is coming
Going to be hillarious seeing the new locks fail when they try our class. Ive been playing mine since BC days as well as a few of my friends, and have been talking about that. Already encountered some of them on the Beta, asking me my rotation, u can tell becuz they got the premade character armor set. haha
Meh, I've been playing my lock since vanilla (lol @ fear with no diminishing returns) and I still suck at this game. That said, I'm not leaving my lock for any other class, despite the fact that there may be locks running all over the place.
I still haven't seen hardly any of them. I just came back to the game, I can't believe the lack of Warlocks around. It's rather strange.
Once the newness wears off warlocks will go back into obscurity if they remain near what they are on beta as of this moment. Still easy to counter the massive amounts of hard casts and rev time warlocks have along with being fish food for melee. Not even meta will do much as you can just CC the warlock pretty effectively.
04/24/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Evillocksp
Going to be hillarious seeing the new locks fail when they try our class. Ive been playing mine since BC days as well as a few of my friends, and have been talking about that. Already encountered some of them on the Beta, asking me my rotation, u can tell becuz they got the premade character armor set. haha

I have been grinding Blood Thirsty title. I have seen them out there taking a beating in BGs. There will be a ton of Warlock tears in the next few weeks.
Once the newness wears off warlocks will go back into obscurity if they remain near what they are on beta as of this moment. Still easy to counter the massive amounts of hard casts and rev time warlocks have along with being fish food for melee. Not even meta will do much as you can just CC the warlock pretty effectively.

Are there any classes that warlocks are a hard counter to? I know, I know, this game isn't supposed to be based around 1 vs 1, but really I think it's what's important to a lot of players. I feel a much better sense of accomplishment going toe-to-toe and winning against one person than jumping in and helping my teammate(s) destroy someone from the other team.
It's a bit like rogues were and very strategic on activision/blizzard's part. Rogues being the least played class they were buffed so more people would start leveling them and invest more time (and thus money) into the game. Mages and rogues have been so strong for so long now people are getting bored. The lock changes are designed to get more people to start playing what is now the least played class.
It makes me sad to know that there will be so many "terribad" demonology warlocks being made just for MoP...
04/25/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Bonecrunch
It makes me sad to know that there will be so many "terribad" demonology warlocks being made just for MoP...

bad players will try it, fail, and leave. No harm, no foul.
Good players will try it, succeed, and stay if and only if Warlocks are actually viable.

To the OP, the changes to warlocks in MoP are completely revolutionizing warlock playstyle. It's not just a tweek here and there but a total tear-down and re-build. So a lot of players want to be able to try out the new toys.
I stopped playing my warlock when people and blizzard wanted me to damn near give up my life, learn trig and calculus, and be a gold farmer, JUST to play the warlock class "effectively"

So i made my paladin. It is EXTREMELY fun playing a paladin, but i will pick my warlock back up eventually i will admit due to the MoP changes.just to give it another shot / redeem myself =L
I used my 80 scroll of rez on a lock. It was completely obvious from the MoP previews that someone high at Blizzard had fallen in love with the class. Glad I did. Destro actually seems kind of fun, not just OP.
04/24/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Evillocksp

Been playing rogue for 6 years and just got to 85 with this lock.

Very very different playstyle but wish I rolled it first. :(
04/25/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Audenn
I used my 80 scroll of rez on a lock. It was completely obvious from the MoP previews that someone high at Blizzard had fallen in love with the class. Glad I did. Destro actually seems kind of fun, not just OP.

This happens every expansion. We look absolutely amazing at the beginning and people call us the devs love pets. Near the end of the expansion we have ridiculously low numbers and people complain that we suck.
Basically, a bunch of people ignorant of most warlock mechanics looked at warlocks in early beta and assumed we were going to be the new FOTM in MoP. Now, the bugs/design flaws that caused us to be so absurdly OP in early beta have mostly been fixed, though these people don't know it because they don't know the class, and fail to recognize that we currently look to be in a much worse state in MoP than we are on live.
Been playing a lock since 2.4.2.

/flex

By the way, this one isn't 85 because I just came back to the game. Didn't use a free level boost on it.
I barely see one (even alts) on a daily basis....now in the past week I have seen tons of them all over the place....all in the process of leveling.

Did you guys get a buff or something I don't know about?

Really? I have only seen 1 low level warlock in the past 3 months but i am always running into low level Priests and Paladins though.