Boomkin or Feral PvP

Druid
Which is more fun, in your opinion, for the BG/RBG scene. Plan on doing many more RBGs and World PvP than arena.
If you plan on RBG'ing then id say boomkin will definitely get you in a lot more then feral.
Dot cleave is currently the most OP comp in RBG.

(Hpally, Rsham, Dpriest, Warrior Fc, Frost DK, Rogue, Boomkin, Fire Mage, Spriest and Lock (for dot protection))
Any other input?
Boomkin is probably more popular for RBG's. For arena in general feral's has a lot more options. Dot cleave is about the only viable option for boomkin in arena, whereas there are a number of favorable 2's and 3's comps with feral.

Not sure if this matters to you--but feral also fairs far better 1 v 1 or in duels.

They both have some areas they're viable, but feral is probably the more common pvp choice. Either way play whichever one you enjoy more. They're drastically different playstyles--so pick whether you like caster or melee dps.
Feral, moonkin sucks balls
04/22/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Zhenee
Feral, moonkin sucks balls

Just because you suck at it, doesn't mean the spec itself sucks.
Nice assumption, I played balance for years, it's terrible in pvp. Sure, maybe you can put up some damage numbers, but who gives a crap about that if you die 50 times in a bg or can't survive more than two seconds. Give me a break.
While moonkin doesn't work in a lot of 3's comps, it's very good in the few it does work in.

Also, moonkin is better than feral in pretty much every bg or rbg situation as well.

Moonkin are far from terrible at pvp.
moonkin are more wanted for rbg. ferals are more wanted for 2's, 3's.

a moonkin getting support in a bg can be scary. moonkin solo are a free hk to most classes.
Thanks for all the replies!

I am not looking for anything that may be the best of the best because I'm honest that I am not the best player. I just want to know what would be most beneficial, or fun, to play when I go out and start some Wpvp trouble with some buddies.
Thanks for all the replies!

I am not looking for anything that may be the best of the best because I'm honest that I am not the best player. I just want to know what would be most beneficial, or fun, to play when I go out and start some Wpvp trouble with some buddies.
I've tried both over the years. Boomkin requires more finesse, and people are often quick to dismiss the outrageous advantage that stealth gives.

You won't get a 100% answer either way because it's really a playstyle choice. Judging strictly from your posts in this thread, I'd say Feral, though.
Boomkin does work in rbgs son

Feral for op bear form
Almost every top rated 3s / 5s / RBGs druid is Moonkin.

The spec is very good in everything but 2s.

I'm no pro (just started playing druid like 2 months ago) but I feel feral requires a lot more work in comparison. Moonkin is pretty straightforward faceroll and your success relies more on your partners than you.

Gear is also extremely important. Anything under i400 will make it very difficult to even get basic Challenger ratings.
04/23/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Zhenee
Nice assumption, I played balance for years, it's terrible in pvp. Sure, maybe you can put up some damage numbers, but who gives a crap about that if you die 50 times in a bg or can't survive more than two seconds. Give me a break.

Funny because I find it much more usefull in RBG's BG's as a boomkin. DoT cleaving, silences, slows, knock backs etc. And i've never reached 50 deaths in a BG.

As Djswag said

04/22/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Djswag
Just because you suck at it, doesn't mean the spec itself sucks.
But ANYWAYS! It really depends on playstyle. Both specs are very fun in my opinion! That's why I have feral main boomkin OS :P But lately i've found that boomkins feel more usefull in RBG's...In some cases anyways. In arenas i'd say feral.
04/23/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Saevus
Wpvp trouble

I'm inclined to say Feral for world PVP. (But it kinda depends on how many buddies you have.)

If you're talking 3v3 or 5v5, Feral. If you're talking about entire guilds vs guilds (and then some), then probably moonkin. The DOT pressure on heals the other team might have helps run them OOM, and helps the bursty classes score kills faster / easier.

Ultimately, its a matter of "do you want to play in the background like a sniper, DOT'ing things up from behind the group" or would you rather "get in close and tear their faces off"?
Moonkins totally suck, go Feral unless you enjoy being worthless.
Boomkins are way more powerful in BGs than feral. These haters are clueless.