Supremacy: (Nation RP/OOC/Sign-ups Closed)

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
Name: Followers of Sister Blithe (Unofficial)
Capital(s): Beggar's Haunt (de facto)
Leader(s)/Government Body(ies):
Sister Blithe
Isaiah (Blithe's adoptive son)
Government Type: Cult Following
Magic type: Shadow
Religion: Blithe/Necromancy (Unofficial)
Race(s): Humans
Population: 350
Claimed Land(s): Manor Mistmantle, Beggar's Haunt, and the spider cave south of Beggar's Haunt in Duskwood; Deadman's Crossing, Ariden's Camp, and Sleeping Gorge in Deadwind Pass

Ideology: Alexandra Kinsley was born to a wealthy family in Stormwind. She lived there until a string of violent incidents (namely, the slaughter and dissection of various animals ranging from pest rodents to the Kinsleys' own canine) compelled her parents to send Alexandra away, far from the city. The young girl arrived eventually to Southshore and took residence with an elderly couple who had been awarded a sizable fee to take her.

Alexandra's psychosis continued and not long was she in Hillsbrad before her rage was redirected to her agemates. She would often threaten them in a sadistic manner, saying how greatly she would love to twist a blade inside them, etc., etc., -- the threats only grew more gruesome in character as time went on. In their frustration, the couple abused her. They began by taking away food, but after some time, they started simply locking her in a closet to prevent her from getting into more trouble. Eventually, they resorted to hitting her.

Alexandra grew to be a beautiful young woman adept at hunting, foraging, and stealthily pillaging supplies from travelling merchants. She escaped Southshore by becoming a nomad of the northern Eastern Kingdoms. The Plaguelands, most of all, fascinated her.

When she returned to Stormwind, it was only of out necessity, she being understandably weary and ill after two full years of limited human contact. She found herself a job as a dockworker in Stormwind Harbor. This arrangement went on for some time.

But the city, too, was killing her. She had not escaped the plagues of her mind: everyone, she was certain, was out to get her -- everything anybody ever said was a lie -- everybody with any authority was helplessly corrupt.

Eventually she resolved to leave Stormwind altogether and forever. Tapping into the charisma of her aristocratic forefathers, she managed to accrue a following that would guarantee self-sufficiency and, more importantly, a means to carry out her fantasies. She adopted the name Sister Blithe.

Military: (>30%, given the circumstances of the nation)
60 Myrmidons -- Basic Melee.
55 Rangers -- Basic Ranged.
35 Menders -- Basic Healing.
30 Riders -- Basic Cavalry.
120 Cultists -- Basic Magic.

--

Get back to me!

Edit: I am not asking to be accommodated with stronger units for having a smaller population and army. This cult is deliberately fledgling, as most cults are.
Question; What factions are still... 'active' in terms of land claims?
Or, in a less confusing manner, are there any limitations to where you can sign up for?

Edit: Not sure how I missed the line 'Can be anybody you want to RP', apologies
I am back briefly. Will get up as many sign up sheets as I can.

Everyone I have seen so far is accepted.

Get back to me!

Edit: I am not asking to be accommodated with stronger units for having a smaller population and army. This cult is deliberately fledgling, as most cults are.

What 2 buildings, 1 production and 1 unit production or Tech building do you want at your starting city?

Also, would you like a way to create additional population more quickly than normal to make up for the lack? (i.e. an Emissary unit that can infiltrate cities and convert members) Something to think about.
Gah! No time! Will finish later....
Edited to include my buildings.

Question:
How long does it take to train troops?
Just some little things

04/22/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Ruok
Production buildings cost 10 wood, 5 gold, and 50 population each.

Buildings like this require an actual population cost, I was wondering why that is, is it suggesting that you're sending a group of your population to the production facility? It seems as though those you send would still be a part of your empire. Personally I think the 85% we cant recruit into the military is a large enough number to encompass workers sent to the various locations of your empire.

Also, should there be a food cost on your army? Maybe every 100 soldiers consume 1 unit of food a year? Just a thought.
Maintenance will not require an recurring cost. However, setting off on campaigns will require an upfront cost. which I do not see why I did not put in, as I've been thinking about this. Sorry about this, away from home ~14 hours a day this week, getting frazzled as I'm sure you can tell.

How that will work is this: Your troops will require gold and food for setting off on campaigns of distance (i.e. if you are traveling beyond the reaches of a zone where you have a city)

Moving cross zone will confer a penalty:
Army Size-----------Cost-----------Total Resource Cost
<1000 -----------3 gold and food per zone-----------6 resources
1000-2000-----------6 gold and food/zone-----------12 resources
2000-3000-----------7 gold and food/zone-----------14 resources
3000-4000-----------8 gold and food/zone-----------16 resources
4000-5000-----------9 gold and food/zone-----------18 resources
5000+ -----------12 gold and food/zone-----------24 resources

Roads will reduce cost by 50 percent. Use boat transport will reduce transfer costs by 50%. Having Siege vehicles will slow travel and require an additional +2 resources added onto total resources.

Question:
How long does it take to train troops?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4663257988?page=1#5
(Under Unit Production)
04/26/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Zorbak
Personally I think the 85% we cant recruit into the military is a large enough number to encompass workers sent to the various locations of your empire.

Ok. Production buildings cost 10 wood, 10 gold, 5 metal.
Lekisth, your sheet is up. Do you want any buildings?

Couldn't stand avoiding the references. Oh well, at least you might get a little help defending your places... or a little hinderance if you're unlucky. That's the price you pay for going to cool zones!

If anyone wants additional tech added to the trees that I didn't think of- just tell me! I'll add it in the appropriate spot.
04/25/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Jeramayan
I would like to reserve a sign up. Looks like i cant resurrect my burgoneing Dreanei nation in outland.... will have to go with plan 2

OL race is fine, though you will have limited contact with the rest of the world until you cross the Dark Portal. As for the status of OL...

Alliance and Horde troops stationed in the OL were pulled out to deal with closer threats in Azeroth. However, big problem! The lack of soldiers meant that the Legion was once again free to control much of the land, taking back Netherstorm, Blade's Edge, Shadowmoon, and footholds in all the other zones. The Draenei, Orc Clans, and remaining Horde and Alliance forces fight desperately to hold back the Legion's advance towards Shattrath and the Dark Portal.

Out of Legion's Hold: Mok'Nathal, Shattrath, Telaar, Garadar, Cenarion Outpost, Thrallmar, Honor Hold.
I would just like you to know that I have a sign up in the making. I should believe it is due tomorrow or Saturday.
Eh on second though outland gets kind of dull when all your doing in rping vs. the npcs. I would like to make a Kul Tiras remnant nation. I was wondering if the standard human race could be tweaked to reflect the kul tiarans (spelling?) affinity for seafaring. Maybe a bonus to ships or naval production, and a reduction in land based production or combat? The capital would be those islands your sent to at the begging of the Vashr quest line.

Is there an Ultimate ship?
Name: The Siddarmark Republic

Capital: Voldrune

Leader/Government Body:
Lord Protector Mayhew
Field Marshal Magnus
General Stahl
General Williams
Speaker Pritchart
The Congress

Government Type: Republic: Any citizen who has served a term of civil service may vote. Any citizen who has served two terms may run for office. The Congress is composed of one representative per district: there are currently fifteen representatives. The Congress is endowed with the power to raise taxes, provide for internal revenue allocation, and fund a police force. They are, by law, required to pass a budget every year. The Lord Protector serves as the commander-in-chief of all armed forces, can make any additions to the budget necessary to fund said armed forces, veto the budget if it is not to his satisfaction, and decides foreign policy (under advisement from the Congress). The system is designed so that the Congress is capable of running the internal affairs of the nation, while the Lord Protector focuses on external issues. Since the Republic is dedicated to constant expansion, this system seemed the best compromise at the time of its creation.

Magic type: Light/Runic

Religion: Whatever works: anything except Old God/Burning Legion worship. Light and Vrykul gods are the most common.

Race: Human, Dwarf, Worgen, Vrykul

Population: 5,000

Claimed Lands: Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord

Short history/ideology: The Siddarmark Republic was formed out of the unholy fusion of the remnants of a Stormwind brigade, an Ironforge steam-tank force, a Vrykul clan, several hundred Stormwind and Ironforge survivors, and a few hundred Gilnean refugees. Shortly after the factions began coming apart, many of the Alliance forces in Northrend, now left stranded, began banding together for their own protection. Of these, a few groups coalesced around Brigadier General Benjamin Mayhew in Venture Bay, hoping in vain to find seaworthy ships at the port. The early days of these cut-off forces were chaotic, without any purpose beyond surviving another day. This changed when ships began docking in Venture Bay full of Alliance refugees. The tales they brought from the south only confirmed the worst fears of the commanders: Varian was indeed dead and the Alliance had disintegrated.

Without any homelands worth speaking of to return to, the Alliance holdouts stopped looking for a way back to the Eastern Kingdoms and began solidifying their own hold on Northrend. Within a few months, they had defeated an equally confused and isolated Horde force in Conquest Hold, and took the burned-out fortress as their own. Unfortunately, Mayhew found himself beset on all sides by Vrykul, Trolls, and non-Gilnean Worgen. Desperate for any help he could get, the General struck an alliance with a Vrykul clan in Voldrune. With his new-found allies, Mayhew launched an assault into the Vrykul-held Howling Fjord. He managed to take Gjalerbron before being fought to a stalemate by several united clans.

With his position more secure in Northrend, the General formed a new nation, the Siddarmark Republic. Naturally, he appointed himself the Lord Protector of the Republic. To his credit, however, the elections really were open and fair. Things were actually going fairly well until a massive fleet of Kvaldir assaulted Venture Bay. They completely caught Mayhew off guard, and quickly took large swathes of the city and surrounding countryside, as well as having destroyed the Republic's fleet. The Congress relocated to Voldrune, where many of the Republic's citizens had already moved. Mayhew stayed behind to coordinate a counter-attack, and eventually Republic forces managed to take a good portion of Venture Bay back.

Now the fledgeling Republic's situation is extremely precarious. In the south, savage fighting continues in and around Venture Bay with the great fleet of Kvaldir, with no end in sight. To the west, trolls are conducting raids more and more frequently. To the north and east, savage Worgen continue to attack sporadically. And in the Howling Fjord, General Stahl is still fighting the war against the Vrykul clans who have not yet joined the Republic. Despite all this, the Lord Protector plans on bringing peace to Azeroth once and for all, one way or another. His philosophy is even in the motto of the Lord Protector's office.

“There is no cost too high, no sacrifice too great, for peace.”
Military Forces: 1500

700 Legionnaires (Medium/Heavy Infantry): One of the first units the Siddarmark Republic ever fielded: The legionnaires are the backbone of the Republic's army. They are capable of both fighting in massed formation, or as individuals against larger opponents such as the Vrykul. They are equipped with an oval shield nearly as large as they are, a short sword, a mattock for armored opponents and creating fortifications, two javelins, an iron helm with leather cheekguards, and chain mail armor. The plan had been for plate armor, but it turns out it was a lot cheaper (and took fewer resources) to make chain mail than loricated plate.

350 Marines (Amphibious Infantry): The Vrykul that allied with the fledgling Republic form the backbone of the Republic's navy: at least they did until the Kvaldir hit Venture Bay. These giants use pikes, axes, and massive crossbows in combat. They are armored in much the same way as the Legionnaires. Most of these are based in Gjalerbron, which is also where the Republic's main military base is.

400 Dwarven Riflemen (Basic Riflemen): While the Dwarves are too short to take a place on the front lines as Legionnaires, they are still doughty fighters, and their rifles are both accurate and deadly. They are equipped with hardened leather armor, rifles, and mattocks for close-quarters combat.

50 Worgen Irregulars (Dragoons): These Gilneans have proven themselves extremely useful as skirmishers, scouts, and raiders, striking when they are least expected and moving on quick and devastating as lightning. They tend to disdain any weapons besides their claws, but many use bladed enhancements. They wear only light leather armor, preferring freedom of movement to greater protection. Given that Worgen have been known to dodge arrows, this is hardly surprising.

--------------------------------
Voldrune: City Hall, Barracks
Gjalerbron: City Hall
Amberpine Lodge: City Hall, Farm
Conquest Hold: City Hall
Name: The Kul Tiran Empire

Capital(s): New Kul Tiras

Leader(s)/Government Body(ies):

Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore (King)

Admiral Jes-Tereth

Government Type: Monarchy

Magic type: Hydromancy

Religion: Atheistic, however some still hold faith in the light, others pray to neptulon

Race: Humans

Population: 4000

Claimed Land(s): Vashyr Islands

Short history/ideology:

After the fall of Orgimar and the splintering of the Alliance, Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth gathered the remnants of the human fleet and head towards her home land of Kul Tiras. The ships and men could all trace their lineages back to the Maritime Kingdom and were eager to return to their homeland. However as the fleet approached the mighty island kingdom they entered a thick unnatural fog. When they emerged from the vapors, they saw in horror as their beloved city of Kul Tiras was under assault by the monstrous naga.

Though the city was doomed to fall, The Grand admiral and her fleet provided the managed to fight their way through the ranks of Naga reinforcing the battered defenders and buying the city a few more days. Once the Grand Admiral reached shore she quickly made her way to the palace and found Lord Admiral Tandred Proudmoore. For many Hours the two fought over the choice whether to abandon the doomed city or try and defend it. Deciding to take a wait and see approach, The Lord Admiral ordered all civilians to board ships and prepare for evacuation.

After another two days of bloody combat, Tandred was forced to cede the city. For every man lost, two naga went with him; however their numbers were overwhelming forcing the Lord Admiral to leave his beloved country behind. Issuing a tactical retreat, the battered forces of Kul Tiras set sail for Stormwind, The onetime capital of the now fragmented alliance, and the behest of Jes-Tereth. The first night of their flight saw no combat however; soon they were again overtaken by a portion of the naga that attacked the city.
With no where left to run, The Men and Woman of Kul Tiras fought like a wounded animals. After 3 days and nights of brutal fighting, the naga were vanquished, however the price of survival was high. Most of the fleet had been destroyed, and what ships were left, weren’t seaworthy enough to make the trip to stormwind. Consulting her maps, The Grand Admiral set sail for a small island chain, that years ago had been one of the first battle that the horde and alliance had fought during the Cataclysm.

With no quick way to repair the fleet, Tandred Proudmoore decided that they would hunker down for the long hall. And so Tandred founded New Kul Tiras upon the fertile island chain. Always do his eyes gaze back towards Kul Tiras however, someday he will reclaim it.

Military Forces:

Sailor: (500) Basic infantry, Weapons, cutlass, fishing net

Sea Dog: (200) basic spearman

Cross bowman: (200) Basic ranged

Hydromancy: (100) can summon elementals as well as attack from afar

Scout: (100) mounted scout

Ships: (?) Not sure how many and of what kind survived the flight from kul tiras
I has another question, Ruok.

When you say that the Forsaken backed out of the Highlands, do you mean: The Twilight or the Arathi?
04/26/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Ruok
What 2 buildings, 1 production and 1 unit production or Tech building do you want at your starting city?

I would like a Gold Mine and either an Experimental Laboratory or Mage Tower. I haven't decided yet because under the Upgrade Buildings section Mage Tower leads to "Thaumaturgy", which promises magic upgrades, but I can't find them in the tech list.

Also, would you like a way to create additional population more quickly than normal to make up for the lack? (i.e. an Emissary unit that can infiltrate cities and convert members) Something to think about.

Sounds awesome!
It's not too late to change my nation is it? I have an idea I think I'd have more fun with.
Is Silvermoon still allied politically with the Forsaken?
I have time to field questions but nothing else. Everyone who has applied is accepted.

04/26/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Jeramayan
I was wondering if the standard human race could be tweaked to reflect the kul tiarans (spelling?) affinity for seafaring.

Yes.

04/27/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Fairfax
When you say that the Forsaken backed out of the Highlands, do you mean: The Twilight or the Arathi?

Arathi. They control Tirisfal, Silverpine, Gilneas, and Western Plaguelands up to about Andorhol (which they also control)

04/27/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Lekisth
I would like a Gold Mine and either an Experimental Laboratory or Mage Tower. I haven't decided yet because under the Upgrade Buildings section Mage Tower leads to "Thaumaturgy", which promises magic upgrades, but I can't find them in the tech list.

From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4662356579?page=1#5

Explosives (requires Experimental Laboratory)
Gunpowder -> Bombs -> Rifling -> Flight Harness (allows bombers) -> Shaped Charges (Requires Mithril)

Magic (Requires Experimental Laboratory)
Decimation (+1 attack) -> Experimentation (Production costs -25%) -> Iron Discipline (Allows casters to benefit from armor up to two armor) -> Eradication (+2 attack) -> Fiery Enchantment (allows arrows, siege weapons to deal additional damage to wooden)

04/27/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Xiuhtecuhtli
It's not too late to change my nation is it? I have an idea I think I'd have more fun with.

YOU BE LOCKED IN FOREVER! Nah, go ahead.

04/27/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Ankorren
Is Silvermoon still allied politically with the Forsaken?

No. The Ghostlands have been mostly purged, and the magisters and Regent are favoring a more isolationist stance to avoid repercussions of a war with the Argent Dawn and Ebon Blade. With the Horde having fallen apart, they see no need to put other races above themselves.