Why only a legendary quest for rogues?

General Discussion
I'm not complaining, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just returning to the game and learning the new features. Why are rogues the only ones to get a legendary quest? Are there plans for introducing legendary quests for every class? It's kind of weird to do such a big thing for just one class. I personally would like to have one as well. So what's the deal with this?
The legendary was a quick way for blizzard to get people into playing rogues since before it was the least played class. It worked very well...for now.
Also we've been waiting for a continuation for the Ravenholdt quest line since Vanilla. I feel this kinda makes up for that.
They wanted to experiment with specializing legendaries, to make them more... legendary.

All the other legendary items could be used by multiple classes, so you would see them often enough that it kind of diminishes the value.
Last expansion they gave DKs, warriors, and ret pallies a legendary quest. They're going to implement more legendary quests most likely just not for every class all at once. I feel like there are too many legendaries truthfully but that's just me.
04/28/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Kifack
I'm not complaining, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm just returning to the game and learning the new features. Why are rogues the only ones to get a legendary quest? Are there plans for introducing legendary quests for every class? It's kind of weird to do such a big thing for just one class. I personally would like to have one as well. So what's the deal with this?

priests have a legendary quest last tier.
Considering rouges have unique mechanics no one else has, a.k.a stealth and pickpocket, it makes sense they only wrote it for them.

As opposed to Tarcegosa, which was for all casters, and mechanics all casters have.

(Yes I know ferals stealth as well.)
04/28/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Kifack
I personally would like to have one as well. So what's the deal with this?

Uhmm... Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest? That's for many casters though. Priests had their own quest already (for Benediction which arguable is epic, but at the time the quest was very fitting), so If Blizz is really making more class specific quests, then I think Priest, Hunter and Rogue would be towards the end. Warrior and Paladin arguably had Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker which wasn't a class quest per-se, but a legendary tailored to their class.
04/28/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Gadeera
I personally would like to have one as well. So what's the deal with this?

Uhmm... Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest? That's for many casters though. Priests had their own quest already (for Benediction which arguable is epic, but at the time the quest was very fitting), so If Blizz is really making more class specific quests, then I think Priest, Hunter and Rogue would be towards the end. Warrior and Paladin arguably had Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker which wasn't a class quest per-se, but a legendary tailored to their class.

This
Only classes that don't have one are (correct me if I'm wrong) Hunters and Shamans (just enh).
04/28/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Bachi
Last expansion they gave DKs, warriors, and ret pallies a legendary quest. They're going to implement more legendary quests most likely just not for every class all at once. I feel like there are too many legendaries truthfully but that's just me.

Your post got me thinking, lore wise only certain classes have legendary weapons (note, LORE WISE, not in-game)

Lore wise, a Shaman would wield Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
Lore wise, not sure who would wield Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Lore wise, a Mage would wield Atiesh, since it was Medivh's, a powerful Mage, staff.
Lore wise, Rogues would wield the Warglaive of Azzinoth Warglaive of Azzinoth
Lore wise, a Hunter obviously wields Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
Lore wise, I'm not sure who, likely a Paladin though, wields Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
Lore wise, a Death Knight wields Shadowmourne
Lore wise, a Mage (arcane) wields Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
Lore wise, a Rogue (obvious one here) wields Golad, Twilight of Aspects Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
04/28/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Dazzaz
Only classes that don't have one are (correct me if I'm wrong) Hunters and Shamans (just enh).

Hunters had the bow from Sunwell (And Thunderfury). Enhance shammies don't have a legendary yet, nor do tanks.
That'll probably be MoP's legendaries.
04/28/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Novagosa

Your post got me thinking, lore wise only certain classes have legendary weapons (note, LORE WISE, not in-game)

Lore wise, not sure who would wield Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
Lore wise, a Mage would wield Atiesh, since it was Medivh's, a powerful Mage, staff.
Lore wise, I'm not sure who, likely a Paladin though, wields Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
Lore wise, a Rogue (obvious one here) wields Golad, Twilight of Aspects Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages
I agree with most of that, but would make an argument for Atiesh, while Medivh was a mage, you could also argue warlocks could weild it due to his dealings with the Warlock Gul'dan, opening the dark poratl, and oh yeah being possesed by sargeras.

MEDIVH FTW!
04/28/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Valshintrix

I agree with most of that, but would make an argument for Atiesh, while Medivh was a mage, you could also argue warlocks could weild it due to his dealings with the Warlock Gul'dan, opening the dark poratl, and oh yeah being possesed by sargeras.

MEDIVH FTW!

That could be true, he did deal with Gul'dan a lot. Potentially a Warlock would be the wielder of the staff.
04/28/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Phalse

Hunters had the bow from Sunwell (And Thunderfury). Enhance shammies don't have a legendary yet, nor do tanks.
That'll probably be MoP's legendaries.

Enhance did have a Legendary, Sulfuras, in Vanilla if you didn't give Sulfuras to a Shaman you'd better have given it to a warrior, it was wasted on anyone else, Shamans ran around 1 shotting players with Sulfuras and Windfury and Stormstrike. The only other acceptable class was Warrior cause they hit hard with it but needed (as always still) a healer to keep them alive. Paladins could wield it but it was truly a waste on them.
I'm more interested in the "quest" part of it honestly. I mean I get that there's tons of legendary items in the game. I'm thinking like an Everquest epic weapon for every class kind of thing. A massive quest that involved rare drops, raids, collections and quests...and camping Quillmane...oh god...ahem...sorry. Flashback. Anyways yeah, I was hoping for something like that.
their mad quest to please everyone and nobody at the same time, made the quests available to to all classes. The end
I think this is pretty close to the truth.
Most likely so they never have to make another legendary dagger ever again (they prob want at least one of every weapon type to have a legendary at some point and so decided to make rogue legendary daggers). Rogues are usually the only class to attack with daggers. Though shaman sometimes roll need on daggers and use them, but supposedly daggers aren't good for them. Shaman want slow weapons (I think?), and blizzard wants rogues to use fast daggers.

Lorewise its Me'dan, the shaman,mage,paladin hybrid who will wield this staff.