Why cant Death Knights wear shields???

Death Knight
If a fully geared blood dk in blood presence has a shield, the game wouldn't be fun or challenging anymore.
These were made Before Wrath was even Implemented, meaning these are ideas that were shot down...
04/30/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Kazusama
blood presence

I hope you do realize every tank has some form of blood presence in a different name, they could just balance it around us tanking with a shield.
blood dk dps isn't that good already at 85. forcing them to hold a 1 handed sword and shield would require a total rework of the class.
Because no shield can come close to matching the defensive prowess of my beard.
thats what makes a dk so fun we don't need shields to protect us when we got so much offensive firepower at our disposal also i would rather be able to use a relic than carry a shield which even on my warrior i do not use. most high level dk weapons are also two handed which makes a shield obsolete.
The shield would weigh be down. I enjoy flinging two-handers and the speed of light.
I think seeing a death knight tanking with a one hander and a shield would ruin the image for me, however if I saw a death knight tanking with a two hander and a shield...
We can Bloodtrocute our enemies.. who needs shields anyway?
So how do death knights compare as tanks to protection warriors.. the very second im 55 i want to make one if for no other reason than because they look sooo damn cool but id like to know if im going to just be frustrated by the lack of armor with no shield
Kusari ftw... just sayin'.

Champ, I doubt you'll be frustrated by the lack of armour with no shield. There's plenty else about Blood to be frustrated by. ;)
We have shields. We have blood shields, bone shields and 4 ways to self heal. We dont need a crap board.

I realy like shields on my warrior, but i like my DK with a 2h more.
Shields are for pansies who can't take a punch to the face.
DK's dont use shields because their real badarses. They don't prance around with the shields and shiny gold armor they slap ya with a noice big sword.

Why can't we use shields

I SAY GOOD DAY!
06/19/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Champìon
So how do death knights compare as tanks to protection warriors.. the very second im 55 i want to make one if for no other reason than because they look sooo damn cool but id like to know if im going to just be frustrated by the lack of armor with no shield

y u necro things instead of make new topic?
i'm more annoyed of the fact that the new boys monk ARE getting their %!!@ty hands on DW tanking

while we, the originators, are left axed in the rotting graveyard
Because i like beating your face in with my axe. Deal with it.
*Looks at blood shield. bone shield, and death strike*

...Yah well...while we are dreaming, any chance I can DW shields and kill people with them like a pair of savage cymbals?
We can use shields....but one epic enough hasnt come along that will open our shield slot.