New Raiding guild Alliance

Ravenholdt
Been on this server for a while but mainly rolled horde and decided to roll only alliance now but have noticed something odd about this server. As a low populated server especially alliance you have a very small population of good guilds. Just a small handful and those few guilds are sealed up tighter then a nuns panties. And finding a raiding spot psh you must be crazy unless you are damn good friends with an officer there's no way they even give you a shot. On top of that you have 50 other guys all begging for the same thing. So I looked around and what dose that leave, a small group of players that either haven't played in a while and just started again (scroll of res ftw) some always did pvp want to start pve maybe even those that just want a change in guild but don't want to join another large elitess guild.

I had a very geared and skilled raider come to me today asking for an invite saying that he was tired of his guild thinking they were all high and mighty ( he's core 1 and his guild is one of the best on the server) and he was willing to risk it all to form this guild.

All I'm looking to do with my guild is give a home to misfit raiders that want a small group of friends not just a large possy you get together once a week to raid and that's it. As I like to say it only takes 10 or 25 to raid not 300 ( I understand you need back ups and sometimes people don't make it)
05/02/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Healéx
And finding a raiding spot psh you must be crazy unless you are damn good friends with an officer there's no way they even give you a shot.

Man, I have the exact opposite problem. We often have a spot (or two, like tonight) and occasionally it's near-impossible to fill it because everybody is either saved to their guild's run or will be later in the week, or is simply busy with other stuff.

I keep thinking that I need to make new friends, but with the LFG and LFR so prominent, it's very difficult to find interactions with other players on your realm in a raid environment.

EDIT: That's not to discredit our amazing out-of-guild friends who have helped us out time and time again. Major props to Tinox, Chalek, Tahlasar, and now Symorius, all of whom put up with my blabbering in vent.
05/03/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Cayreth
Man, I have the exact opposite problem. We often have a spot (or two, like tonight) and occasionally it's near-impossible to fill it because everybody is either saved to their guild's run or will be later in the week, or is simply busy with other stuff.

I truly dont doubt that with our servers low pop but i dont know hwat your guilds raiding progress is but im saying for people that are just geting into raiding and not already steady raiders, or that some of the heavy raiding guilds get kind of full of themselves.
Having tried to form my own guild on Kel'Thuzad, a high-pop server, I can tell you that what Cayreth said is closer to the truth. We had tanks and healers, but could not get DPS players to apply. As easy as content is, especially normal, now that the buff is at 20%, you'd think casual players would be beating down the doors to get a raid spot. It seems far from the case unless you are a top guild world-wide.

And really, that is the underlying problem. This game has become too global with server and faction transfers so readily available, not to mention LFR. Server raid communities are almost non-existent unless it's a rivalry for server first.
[...] or that some of the heavy raiding guilds get kind of full of themselves.

Well, for what it's worth given that you're in your PVP gear, if what you've done with that is indicative of your PVE gear as a former progression raid leader I'd have serious reservations about taking you to anything but a lolalt farm run.

Unenchanted items, wrong gems, low quality gemming.

It's all relative. To some people having a level 85 with 378 5man/LFR gear is proof enough that you're ready. To any raider I've ever met that I'd invite back things like your current gemming, speccing and enchants are highly representative of your interest.

After all, those raiding guilds that're full of themselves have taken the time and effort to farm up what they need to properly enchant/etc their gear why wouldn't they expect the same out of incoming members?

Of course, like all things, the trick is to find players/raiders that have your same level of interest and you should gel with them. ^_^
05/03/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Healéx
but i dont know hwat your guilds raiding progress is but im saying for people that are just geting into raiding and not already steady raiders, or that some of the heavy raiding guilds get kind of full of themselves.

I feel like you probably haven't spoken to many guilds here. Also:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674980553

That is kept fairly up to date. We're in the top 5 for Alliance. Still, I keep coming back to the fact that I feel you haven't done enough homework to even know who the top progressed guilds are on this server, let alone how difficult or "full of themselves" they might be. Kinda makes the whole rant hard to take seriously. =\
... that some of the heavy raiding guilds get kind of full of themselves

I, too, am curious as to that particular bit of the remark. Care to comment on whom you're speaking about there, bub?