Bored of MMORPG's

General Discussion
Has this ever happened to any of you before? I haven't played WoW regularly since December 2010. I've tried to play it, but I just end up getting bored and uninstalling it. I thought this was due to me having played WoW for so long, I guess I was done with it. That doesn't seem to be the issue though. I bought into all the hype and pre-purchased Guild Wars 2. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who was having a terrible time with the open beta today. I did not enjoy it all. The art was beautiful, but the game play was tedious to me.
For some reason, I only seem to enjoy single player RPG's. WoW was the only MMO I had played, but I've gotten more enjoyment out of this game than I have with any other form of entertainment. It baffles me how I can't bring myself to play it anymore. Has this ever happened to you guys? I'd like to know.
Happens to me all the time, but mostly with people.
Why keep paying for WoW if you don't play?

OT, I get sick of leveling quickly on other MMOs because every games' way of leveling feels exactly the same.
@Lukare This time around I'm on the 7 days of free play time from the scroll. The last time I subbed was in January. I cancelled my sub the same exact day ): I love the Warcraft universe, so I still play WC3 from time to time, but it doesn't have the immersion the World of Warcraft does.
Whenever I get bored of MMO's I go play something single player...the total war series is awesome and the civilization series is too :o those are what i play atleast....not rpgs though
I've been playing the witcher, about 14 hours in. Gorgeous game, awesome music. The story is kind of a bummer though. Reminds me too much of the real world. It's a fantasy world, but the game involves politics, racism, drugs, prostitution, and disease. So, I've decided to look for an RPG that is a little more light-hearted..
04/27/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Neutered
I've been playing the witcher, about 14 hours in. Gorgeous game, awesome music. The story is kind of a bummer though. Reminds me too much of the real world. It's a fantasy world, but the game involves politics, racism, drugs, prostitution, and disease. So, I've decided to look for an RPG that is a little more light-hearted..

Fable 3? Skyrim is awesome too
Fable?! Don't troll me ): Skyrim is awesome! I have to wait for my GTX 580 to come in though. Might play some Oblivion. I just need my RPG fix. I have been scratching my neck all day.
04/27/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Neutered
Fable?! Don't troll me ):

But i liked fable :c
Oh! Ok then, never mind. I heard the third one was a disappointment to fans of the series, so I thought you were trolling lol. Sorry man.
It's hard to get bored of mmo's imo because there's somuch to do...
04/27/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Gurdon
It's hard to get bored of mmo's imo because there's somuch to do...

Kinda, when it's new. After a while you realize it's all pretty much the same thing, but with different skin. I've always found end game to be extremely boring. MMORPG's have always suffered in story and game play unfortunately, due to having to have thousands of people on the same server.
This happens to everyone in all facets of life.
04/27/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Oogies
This happens to everyone in all facets of life.

True. I would understand it more if it was solely with WoW. I just stopped enjoying MMO's in general.
I played WoW for about a year, got bored, took a break for about 2 or 3 months, and subbed again, and did this for about 2 more rounds... I always feel like i'll never play again when i quit, but in the end I always resort to the fun of a good MMO...
I use to log in and within minutes would be spammed with whispers to go do this dungeon or that quest and off I would be with my friends on an impromtu adventure.

The introduction of LFD and the resulting destruction of realm communities has pretty much eliminated that aspect... and much of the fun for me.
04/27/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Impty
The introduction of LFD and the resulting destruction of realm communities has pretty much eliminated that aspect... and much of the fun for me.
LFD didn't really do that, TECHNICALLY server transfers did that. Then again you don't need a server transfer, you could just reroll on a different server and some people you know were gone. If you're upset because friends have left, well they weren't really good people if they just disappear forever and not tell you why.
The cross-realm LFG and flying mounts everywhere are to blame imo.. but I might be wrong. All I know is that the community progressively got worse and worse. The community of an online game is crucial to the enjoyment people get out of it.
04/27/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Neutered
The cross-realm LFG and flying mounts everywhere are to blame imo.. but I might be wrong. All I know is that the community progressively got worse and worse. The community of an online game is crucial to the enjoyment people get out of it.
The community itself is fragile and decaying. It's not a easy solution to fix. Cross Realm LFG and flying mounts are not to blame.
just play tera or table top RPGs if you need your fix :3