Rotation while leveling

Mage
Hello all,

While I have been leveling I have discovered some discrepancies within our rotation. Whith Critical Mass, they say to Scorch, then spam fireball and hit your procs. I have found, however, that during the outlands instances, that the mobs in instances die too soon to get more than a single fireball off. This greatly decreases the number of procs I get. Should I just spam scorch instead?

Thanks
Great. Thanks for your reply.
I'm around your level (I don't believe we have Living Bomb, yet) and I've been running random dungeons while leveling. I find it best to Start with Scorch then, as the tank rounds the mobs up, Blast Wave ontop of most of them to get into combat with all mobs for a possible ignite spread if you hit a nice crit on your first mob.

Other than that, I jump and run in circles while spamming Scorch and Pyroblast! while up. Easily pulling top DPS and with a good Pyro crit, I can outright kill a mob with a Scorch and a Pyro. Simple.

Also, after looking at your spec, if your Fire build is for PvE, I recommend dropping Cauterize. I never really even get hit in Dungeons/Leveling, so it's kind of a useless talent.

If you look at my specs, you see I have one for Fire PvE and one for Fire PvP (I find the other two specs boring.)
05/01/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Garnak
I have found, however, that during the outlands instances, that the mobs in instances die too soon to get more than a single fireball off.

My psychic eye sees this in your future as well. As you get better gear in Cata raids and run with better geared groups in 5 mans.

I have spoken, so be it.