How can I prove my love?

General Discussion
I'm writing a paper for my English class, and the subject is "What is your guilty pleasure?" The first thing I thought of was WoW. in the guidelines, I need to explain WHY I love this game, but I'm not sure how I should go about that. Should I ramble on incessantly about things no one will understand?

Help a Tauren out.
It's an English paper. Ramble on for however many pages it needs to be, include of emotional bullsh*t, and you should be good. Just make sure you're using proper grammar and spelling.
05/01/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Logohr
Should I ramble on incessantly about things no one will understand?

Yes.
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YYYYOOOOUUUUU!!!
I agree with Koro on this one.

0.0 That post wasn't odd at all
Speaking of English papers, I should probably finish the last page of my English 102 final paper.

Nahhhhhhhh...
05/01/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Branzus
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YYYYOOOOUUUUU!!!

/dries eyes
LEAVE WHITNEY ALONE!
Agreed. Wow can easily be a topic any wow player can ramble incessantly about for several pages worth of odd stuff. Just cover your characters, their class, and why you play them and by the time your done you should be good. :D
AND IIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YYYYOOOOUUUUU!!!

Fix'd
05/01/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Koro

Yes.

That is the very foundation of popular poetry.

I'm a poet
and didn't know it,
but my feet show it.
They're Longfellows.

Well, that's not really poetry, but you get the idea. Just make up a bunch of crap and maybe get existential here and there and it'll fly. I mean... it's English class, after all. Everything is subjective, there.
05/01/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Logohr

Doesn't everyone?
Something something Satisfaction of effort input something something Forging of friendships something something Pie.
05/01/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Spamoni
Doesn't everyone?

Well, either that, or they just skip the assignment.

Not that I would ever do something like that.

On a slightly related note, what is it with English teachers and trying to get their students to tell them things they have no business knowing? Is it because they realize that they have a terrible job and degree, and are trying to live vicariously through the assignments?

On a slightly related note, what is it with English teachers and trying to get their students to tell them things they have no business knowing? Is it because they realize that they have a terrible job and degree, and are trying to live vicariously through the assignments?

This is where you learn to lie.
05/01/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Karat
Doesn't everyone?

The same reason they assign a 10 page essay that is due in two weeks but misses 1 out of the 2 days that class is scheduled during both weeks so you can't ask her questions because she "doesn't have a computer at home."
05/01/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Koro
This is where you learn to lie.

I'm not creative enough to make up essay-length lies, which leads us to the "not doing assignments" bit.
05/01/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Karat

Mine just did it because she wanted us to be able to find resources and make an opinion out of it.

It's not about the subject as it's just about "can you write good?"
As an English major, I think you should know the first rule of writing papers. Don't do them. Keep playing wow. Then, at the last minute, write the whole thing. Because if you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute to do.
It's only a rough draft, but I finished that portion of the criteria and I just rambled ( seems to be the consensus) about a bunch of stuff.

Thanks guys.