4 second cast time on chaos bolt?

Warlock
04/30/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Jìm
I did say 5/5 instead of 10/10 :P

Still a ramp up.
True, but I believe cutting embers down from a 15 second ramp up for one ember down to 7.5 seconds is much better and that our embers need a ramp-up time.

it were actually 1.4 with backdraft. and yes it will be op if they put it again in 1.4 cast time with that retarded damagethe solution here its simple lower chaosbolt cast time and tranfer some of hes damage to incinarete/conflagrate or they could even put another spell with a cd that deal a decent amouth of damage and problem fixed

4sec cast timed spell it is up 2sec cast timed CB with that damage it is really op so the solution its not just lowering the cast time, they also can let CB cast time be lowered by the number of embers earned

Well if you reduce the chaos bolt damage, then it kinda takes the point out. They don't just want another incinerate that does a tiny bit more damage. They want this to be difficult to use the way I see things. It's not supposed to be something you mindlessly cast when it's off CD.

04/30/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Valimayr
CB will cost Burning Embers...and those take time to ramp up. CBs won't always be available...

Considering the 4 second cast, it will only be used when the opportunity is right. That opportunity wont come often enough that you will always be out of burning embers when you want it.
Considering the 4 second cast, it will only be used when the opportunity is right. That opportunity wont come often enough that you will always be out of burning embers when you want it.
note that when the opportunity is right, CB will have a base 2.8 second cast and that is without any haste to reduce it even more.

I put in bold the most important part of Chaos bolt for pvp. Understand this and you will do well in MoP as destruction.
I feel in MoP I'll use either ember tap or the ability that makes incin hit like a truck and cleave more than Soul "the Chaos Bolt" fire in PvP ALOT more. Mainly sweet sweet ember tap
05/01/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Kiyasu
I feel in MoP I'll use either ember tap or the ability that makes incin hit like a truck and cleave more than Soul "the Chaos Bolt" fire in PvP ALOT more. Mainly sweet sweet ember tap
This stresses building up embers even more. That's why I suggested making embers stack to 5/5 instead of 10/10. Give ember tap a 25 second cd and this will be extremely balanced because it takes 7.5 seconds to build up a 5/5 ember (using felflame) without critting, and you can build 3 of these before you can ember tap again. This allows build-up without letting the warlock heal for insane amounts via ember tap.
Here is an idea to make CB useful in arenas. Allow it to be castable from outside LOS
Than watch it snake around obstacles and maim your target. Than i wouldnt mind the long cast time, hell, you could even take it off of the backdraft at that point.
Or, even cooler idea, yet a bit more restrictive. Make it cast from wherever you set up your portal, that would be awesome, and it would add a lot more strategy to where you set up your port.