Camera Zoom Out Command Still Work?

General Discussion
Can anyone confirm if the console command to zoom out further than the normal slider allows still works? I have seen it in various boss kill videos from this tier yet it does not work for me and it is quite frustrating..

If anyone can confirm that it works can you also post the command that works for you?

Thanks a ton!
It should still work.
The script is /console cameradistancemaxfactor 5.
Let me know if it works. :)
It does but it resets whenever you log out. I have it as a macro.
Ugh it doesnt work for meeeeeeee lol I enter it and nothing happens, ive tried with no addons enabled either in case something was blocking it from working
Yeah ive tried all of the /script and /console commands but alas it does nothing and I can scroll out no further than the default allows :(
I use:

/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 40

It works fine for me :) I just tried it.

♥ Annabee
Im not near anything, ugh so frustrating
04/27/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Swaggro
Im not near anything, ugh so frustrating

Try

/reload

then

/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 40

♥ Aune
I appreciate all of the assistance everyone, but alas nothing works. Ive tried deleting my Cache/WTF and using all of the suggestions, as well as reloading etc and nothing works lol
Reinstall? :S
Is your machine capable of handling it? Perhaps the system is preventing you from using this feature simply because it sees your computer can't handle the load.
04/27/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Blackgoddess

This will make it permanent.

/script SetCVar ("cameraDistancemax" ,50)

Thanks a million, this worked for me! :D mine was all bugged up, everytime I went to zoom out it would put me in first person view, so annoying and thanks again.
Er mer GERD!
it does work thx :D
04/27/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Blackgoddess
04/27/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Atroxx

This will make it permanent.

/script SetCVar ("cameraDistancemax" ,50)

Wow... I'll never have to use my max distance macro ever again. Worked like a charm, thank you BG.

Edit: I didn't know this was a necro'd thread
Hey guys, I am having the same issue with my camera distance. I can't zoom out. I have tried all the macros posted and nothing is helping. What are my options?