Dungeons, first impressions

General Discussion
I just tried to do a dungeon on my level 48 warrior just to see if I could do it and right off the back, I died. I was already not very confident in doing this dungeon in the first place. To make it worse, there was a guy in the group who basically cursed at me calling me all kinds of names. Is it like this in all dungeons? I'm really put off from doing them again especially if I have to deal with idiots who just want to be vile.
I find it much, much easier to run as a DPS for the first couple times I run a new instance.

There's less stress on a personal level because all you need to worry about is killing the baddies and staying out of Bad Stuff where appropriate. Tanks and healers have to deal with a lot more and it can be overwhelming if you don't even know what to expect.

As for the raging little 5 year olds, they're not uncommon unfortunately. Still, you can be the better person by just ignoring their rage-filled tirade and just doing your job.

So yeah, I'd try going as a DPS and just going with the flow. You should get the idea fairly quickly.
Sometimes it's terrible, sometimes it's good. If the thought that you may get yelled at bothers you, it may simply be best to find a guild. Blizzard removed any form of accountability when they put in dungeon finder, so groups can be -very- terrible at times.
Stopped tanking at level 30.
05/01/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Octorou
I just tried to do a dungeon on my level 48 warrior just to see if I could do it and right off the back, I died. I was already not very confident in doing this dungeon in the first place. To make it worse, there was a guy in the group who basically cursed at me calling me all kinds of names. Is it like this in all dungeons? I'm really put off from doing them again especially if I have to deal with idiots who just want to be vile.

Looking at your armory for this hunter I'm not sure if this is a troll or not.

If you're at level 85 and wearing cloth gear, int gear or items from level 60 quests and not trolling then I'd suggest going and learning a lot more about stats and gearing for classes you want to play before doing any group content.

If you truly believe that the way your hunter is geared is correct then I shudder to think how your warrior is geared, especially if you are trying to tank on them
05/01/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Baanmee
If you're at level 85 and wearing cloth gear, int gear or items from level 60 quests and not trolling then I'd suggest going and learning a lot more about stats and gearing for classes you want to play before doing any group content.

Is it normal for blood to be coming out my eyes????
You don't have to do instances, but personally I think they're the best thing in the game. The player base (with some exceptions, of course) is not. Many are competitive little !@#$heads who think that being good at a computer game makes them hot stuff.

Find a nice, social guild. Encourage them to run 5-mans. Laugh at wipes and have fun. That's what I did for many, many months -- I miss those times. Honestly, WoW was a lot more fun when I didn't know how to play. :)
I sincerely hope that's an rp suit. Or a dedicated trolling.

If not then OP I can tell that you may have bigger problems then mean people in randoms.
OP, are you new to WoW by any chance?

If so, I don't mind helping you. -points at portrait-