Enhancement Shaman rework

Shaman
I have been an enhancement shaman for a while now and i just feel like they need a rework. We've had most of our uniqueness given to other classes. We really cant keep up in utility in PvP and most other classes fulfill the roll better. I would like to see if others feel the same.
Doesn't matter. Our totem system already got a rework, that's likely all we're going to see. There isn't going to be some Warlock-esque revamp incoming.
Enhancement seems like it's in a decent spot in MoP. What extras were you wanting from Blizzard in order to satisfy your craving to be a unique snowflake?
Stormlash totem as a base shaman ability and not an enhancement-specific cooldown was a mistake which should be revisited. The spec needs something to make it desirable.

Trading AP buff for Mastery buff was understandable.

Still going to be over-reliant on meeting an excessive hit/exp cap.

The changes to allow a block value and the damage reduction attached to our 'taunt' are very confusing. Are we really going to be expected to pinch tank? Take these notions of tanking away entirely. Burn it and bury it.

A DW/2H option like monks have would be great... while we're beating dead horses with the tanking implementation.

Our Ascendance ability looks pretty impressive.

...as does allowing a fire elemental to stack searing flames - but the searing flames mechanic will remain to be a clunky necessity.

Our defensive and support capabilities are much improved, which should appease much of the PvP specialists - though compared to some other classes I'm not sure how we stack up.
seariong totem needs to die a horrid death... but thats about it
04/28/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Kataclyzmik
seariong totem needs to die a horrid death... but thats about it


Searing Totem is fine. Searing Flames is the only issue.
Just to bring some Windwalker play experience into the mix, here... I'd like to say that I thoroughly enjoy the concept of having both a high health% attack and a more expensive (chi) and harder hitting low health% attack.

I speak of Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick. The mastery is a bit awkward, though, when proccing a free Tiger Palm whilst your target is <50% or vice verse, causing the player to instantly debate whether the GCD is worth the lower damage attack or if they should ignore it - or attack a different target.

Now, I'm not saying that Enhancement should follow suit with an identical pattern but having situational attacks (especially based on energy/resource and not simply a flat cooldown) is a very welcome change from the sliding scale of monotony that has been the past few years of playing Enhancement in raids for me.
04/28/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Elamism
Searing Totem is fine. Searing Flames is the only issue.


i connect the two.. if flametongue stacked searing flames.. that would be awesome
Still going to be over-reliant on meeting an excessive hit/exp cap.


What are you talking about? We'll need 7.5% hit and 7.5% expertise like every other melee, and that 7.5% expertise will be converted into 7.5% hit for spells, giving us a total of 15% spell hit, just like every caster.

We'll be needing the exact same amount as everyone, unless you're trying to cap white hits, which no one does.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum