Can't Cancel Credit Card Recurring Payment

Customer Support
Hey,

I signed up for the WoW Annual Pass, and was under the impression that payment methods do not matter, as long as you do keep WoW going for 1 full year. I started with a 6 month credit card subscription, since I had the spare money at the time, and is due to renew on May 5th.

I can't have more charges on my credit card, as I will barely be under my limit with my university courses, so I wanted to start using game cards instead. However, it won't let me cancel my recurring subscription at all, due to being part of annual pass. This means no matter what happens, I have to have my card charged on the 5th?

Is there any way to cancel my credit card subscription so I can move to game cards? (Can't click "Cancel subscription" since it says you must wait until your subscription period ends, yet it's recurring).
Only thing I can think of off-handed to avoid being charged, that -you- can do easily, is use a different payment method and purchase a time card from the blizzard store (or other venue, but blizzard store is the only one that I know of that has a 1-month card) and add it to your account. The time card won't start being used until the day of your subscription roll-over, and it won't charge your recurring payment method since it doesn't need to yet (time remaining on the account)

As for a more long-term fix for your issue, that's up to the CS department.
If you put the game cards in, your card won't be charged.

Basically, your credit card is collateral. If you want to pay the entire year with game cards, go ahead.
...Basically, your credit card is collateral. If you want to pay the entire year with game cards, go ahead.

Exactly.
To expand on what they said. I have had the annual pass since day one (oct 21 last year) and have never had my credit card charged even a dime since then and have been paying monthly by buying time out of the Blizzard store (think I may have grabbed 3 months in there once lol)
Total BS we cant stop Blizz, holding our CC as hostage. Also I let my account lapse back in 10. Blizz taxed my gold and all gear was damaged in GV as well as on all toons. Cancel and Blizz cornholes ya! EA WOW, It's in the game!
You had to necro a thread to post that drivel? Really? The annual pass had something called an agreement you had to read before accepting it. Learn to read things before you click I AGREE.
06/02/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Hadia
Total BS we cant stop Blizz, holding our CC as hostage. Also I let my account lapse back in 10. Blizz taxed my gold and all gear was damaged in GV as well as on all toons. Cancel and Blizz cornholes ya! EA WOW, It's in the game!

You come here and necro a thread to display your ignorance for all to see. I am embarrassed for you.

/tinfoil Hat.

With that aside, we would ask you not to post misinformation. Doing so is only at your accounts own risk.

Just want to clarify a few things...

Blizzard doesn't "tax your gold" if you lapse on your payment for WoW Annual Pass. The closest thing to "taxing" is an Auction House fee, which you agree to pay if you use the AH. This feature is independent of the WoW Annual Pass and existed before the current expansion (well before, actually).

Blizzard doesn't "damage your gear" if you lapse on your payment for WoW Annual Pass. Your gear can receive durability hits (i.e., become damaged) by playing the character normally or, more progressively, by dying. This feature is independent of the WoW Annual Pass and has existed since the launch of the game.

Please let me know if any of this information was unclear. Here is a link to the Terms of Use for the WoW Annual Pass if you have more questions:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-tou.html

06/02/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Khalash
With that aside, we would ask you not to post misinformation.