Staff vs Dagger & OH!?

Mage
So i can't decide what is better to use, Staff vs. Dagger and OH? I've compared the stats between a staff and dagger and oh and i have seen the staff with better stats but people still choose the dual combo instead of the staff? Does that extra 40 intellect enchant really make up for some lost stats that a mage needs!?
dagger and OH has more SP

Staff has more stam

dagger and OH are better
Coltron is right afaik, but it's tough to get an off-hand above 378 so the DS staffs end up having better overall stats then the 378 off-hand and DS dagger.
Dagger/Sword + OH is always better than a staff in terms of damage output. However, with Mages being forced to use staves and only staves come MoP, may as well get used to having a staff.
04/30/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Medeoan
Dagger/Sword + OH is always better than a staff in terms of damage output. However, with Mages being forced to use staves and only staves come MoP, may as well get used to having a staff.

This...
However, with Mages being forced to use staves and only staves come MoP, may as well get used to having a staff.

Where did you get this? In MOP a mage can use staves, one hand swords, daggers, and wands (now main hand weapons, will have sp stat like sword or dagger).

http://www.wowdb.com/items/82826-necromantic-wand (not sure why it has lower sp then equal one handers, may be in the works like upping stats for agility ranged)

Not always, heroic lightning rod, the legendary, been a few in older expacs too.
No.1 Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest >Everything!!!
No.2 416 Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind + 410 Ledger of Revolting Rituals >= 410 Lighting Rod
No.3 410 Lightning Rod >= 416 Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind + 391 Molten Scream
No.4 410 Lightning Rod >403 Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind + 391 Molten Scream
No.5 403 Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind + 391 Molten Scream >397 Lightning Rod

416 Dagger & 410 OH little bit better than 410 Lightning Rod
I am newly 85 and have been wonderin the same thing lol. Guess I should have known since my main is a druid healer....