School of Hard Knocks (here we go again)

Achievements
04/30/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Cayse
PvPers don't care that you're in there, nor is that anywhere near valid justification for removing it from the meta, unless all PvE-centric achievements are removed from it as well. And that would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Can you speak for everyone?
I can wait until you're finished, if using your own argument in reverse bothers you.
I don't particularly enjoy Pvp yet I still do it for them glorious achievment points. Theres no point in removing an achievement that you could of had possibly 4 or 5 years now to obtain. It's not particularly difficult and you're gaining credit towards other achievements in the long run. So there shouldnt really be any issue here.

Tbh all I really see here is people QQ'n Because others have beaten them to earning the achievement, Nothing more either figure out a way to achieve it by playing at a certain hour of the day or wait towards the end of the event.
04/30/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Janos

It shouldn't, its free HKs week for them. They see people like you with no pvp gear and will farm your endlessly. It should be like christmas.

Well, that's one way to look at it. But what about someone who actually enjoys PvP and not slaughtering afkers by a flag?

Well, I adapt a new form of PvP for Children's Week. Since most of the people complaining about this achievement just stand next to flags and let them get capped instead of actually trying to win the bg(by doing that the achievement will come a lot faster than just standing around making everyone lose), I stand next to them and steal the flag caps, the defends, and anything else people need for the achievement.

Play to win the BG and the achievement will come. People who do nothing, but stand by stables and hope to get a defend with 10 other people are doing nothing, but making their achievement take longer.
Before you all hop on the bandwagon and collectively agree like a hive mind that this achievement is easily attainable, let's go back to my original question. Why am I forced into something I do not enjoy while I'm spending my own earned money for enjoyment? I don't like PvP, I don't want to PvP, and the PvPers certainly don't want me there. Can we try and have a logical thread without attacks on each other? Yes, I have lots of kills. I don't PvP anymore.

Why will I be forced to play Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon next expansion? I want to slay gods and dragons...

You're not "forced" to. Achievements are optional. Every single one of them - with the exception of the Level 10, 20, 30 etc. - can be skipped.
Do you think PvP hounds are happy about having to run around lowbie cities clicking Eggs?
Do you think anybody enjoys the torch-catching bit?

Sometimes you have to do something you don't want to do in order to obtain something you wish to obtain. I didn't want to kill Rivendare hundreds and hundreds of times...but I wanted that damn blue zombie horse, so off to Stratholme I went.
I hated it. But nobody forced me to do it.

The point of Achievements is that they are a goal; an optional goal. I'll grant that encouraging people to screw others over to get what they want is not the way to introduce players to PvP (you should be required to perform the SoHK tasks and win each BG), but you're not "forced" to do School of Hard Knocks.
Sometimes you have to do something you don't want to do in order to obtain something you wish to obtain. I didn't want to kill Rivendare hundreds and hundreds of times...but I wanted that damn blue zombie horse, so off to Stratholme I went.
I hated it. But nobody forced me to do it.

I agree. While it does suck for the non PvPers to have to do achievements like this, you are not forced. I am not a PvPer. Never liked PvP, yet I have done this achievement on my hunter (with the help of a friend who does like PvP). I still need to get this on my other 85s (mage, warlock and this toon). I put this off until last, simply put because it is the hardest of the PvP achievements to acquire. Going in dressed like a Winter Helper or with a G.N.E.R.D. buff to just get a certain number on HKs is not so bad, even for those that don't like PvP...but the specific requirements of the School achievement make this one especially tough.

It is nice when you do get into a BG where both sides cooperate to get the achievement. I had one WSG where both the allies and horde each stood in their starting zones with one rep from each team going into the others base, picking up the flag, and letting each opposite faction member get the "kill" and flag until everyone had the achievement, and then the BG progressed as normal. While it would be nice for that to happen during the whole week, it is not a likely scenario...

All I can put out there is a small request. It may get ignored, but some of you might be willing to listen. If you are a PvPer, and you see someone in the BG during this week long holiday with their orphan out, try to let the person going for the achievement actually get the achievement, then once they have it, perhaps they can give a signal, like a /cheer or put their orphan away once they have it, or something like that...then proceed the BG as normal. Any help can go a long way to make this holiday and achievement a lot more pleasant for both the PvPers and the non-PvPers alike...