The incoming 20% nerf

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
So Blizzard delayed it by one week to avoid the "Blizzard is actually nerfing on a schedule despite claims to the contrary" comments. I hope no one is buying it. The nerfs are clearly coming on a schedule of approximately 5% per month. If any guild is struggling with progression, its because they have no idea what they're doing and have no business being in a raid in the first place, or their progression is being slowed by logistics rather than fight mechanics, and this nerf won't help them progress any faster than they currently are.

All this nerf is going to do is speed up burnout among raiders and lose Blizzard more subscriptions before MoP than had they not implemented the continued nerfs.

Additionally, I'd like to point one thing out again that I've pointed out before: in about 3 months when the nerf gets to 35%, Heroic Ultraxion with the debuff will have approximately 4 million less health (25-man) than normal Ultraxion without it.
"Blizzard is lying, they've changed it on schedule every month!"

"Blizzard is trying to cover up their lies by delaying the nerf one week this time!"

America.
So Blizzard delayed it by one week to avoid the "Blizzard is actually nerfing on a schedule despite claims to the contrary" comments. I hope no one is buying it. The nerfs are clearly coming on a schedule of approximately 5% per month. If any guild is struggling with progression, its because they have no idea what they're doing and have no business being in a raid in the first place, or their progression is being slowed by logistics rather than fight mechanics, and this nerf won't help them progress any faster than they currently are.

All this nerf is going to do is speed up burnout among raiders and lose Blizzard more subscriptions before MoP than had they not implemented the continued nerfs.

Additionally, I'd like to point one thing out again that I've pointed out before: in about 3 months when the nerf gets to 35%, Heroic Ultraxion with the debuff will have approximately 4 million less health (25-man) than normal Ultraxion without it.

It's only going to 30%.
ICC had a 30% nerf, I think they will probably stop around that.
04/28/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Healstime

There's a difference. Heroic Lich King wasn't killed before the buffs started. Heroic Madness was killed before the nerfs started.

There's a difference. Heroic Lich King wasn't killed before the buffs started. Heroic Madness was killed before the nerfs started.

yeah but you had a limited amount of attempts for lich king and all the endwing bosses
04/28/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Simplify
30% isn't an ONLY number.

It is when the OP said 35%.
04/28/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Bortax

yeah but you had a limited amount of attempts for lich king and all the endwing bosses

This, how soon we forget.
04/28/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Vreivai

Odd. 3 nights a week of raiding was burning me out more than now where we clear it all in just over 1 night .. so I don't buy your logic. Now with the 20% I expect us to clear it easily in 1 night.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109257

Yes, it is going to 35%.

This, how soon we forget.

Didn't they even up the number of attempts before they started nerfing or was that with nerfs?

You did read the part where you can talk to the NPC at the start and remove the nerf from your raid, right?

It's just there for people who are having trouble. If you and your guild want to keep fighting Deathwing without any of the nerfs up, go for it.

You can turn it off. This doesn't mean its an option for progression. The first thing many people look at when looking for a guild beyond raid size is the guild's progression. If there are two guilds, one at 6/8H using the debuff and one at 3/8H without the debuff, most potential recruits will go to the 6/8H guild first. While the 3/8H guild is probably the better of the two in terms of ability, they will get far fewer applicants than the 6/8H guild because their is nothing to differentiate them from the guilds that use the debuff. In a 25-man guild where recruitment is a constant necessity, if you turn off the debuff and fall behind in progression you could very well end up killing your guild through this.
Great, now my main raid has MORE of an "excuse" to bring their super terrible alts.
04/28/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Littlegaga
Why do you care? The content becomes completely obsolete when Mop hits anyway.

Largely because my guild is currently progressing at a completely reasonable pace, without hitting any sort of wall. This 20% nerf just feels like a slap in the face.
I love how people point out the option of turning off buff, even when there is no choice involved. The problem isn't people wanting hard content, the problem is people want hard content for EVERYONE while the patch is current. (understandable since LFR exists as easy mode raiding)

Besides, in an competitive environment such as server firsts or other factors. Turning off buff puts you at severe disadvantage. Consequently, you won't have any progress to show to attrach proper recruits.

The spirit of competition stays alive when there is content that is static difficulty wise.

So I would strongly disagree that giving an 'option' to turn off buff actually makes the nerf okay.

A middle ground proposal from me would be the title for killing deathwing should be only available if done without the buff. So that people who want the gear and 'see' content can do so at their leisure and people who go extra mile with higher difficulty has something to distinguish themselves with.