Please...

Rogue
Make the rogue class a class that specializes/is needed & wanted for its utility and control. Don't make us become damage bots. Take out about half the CC that is currently in the game, reduce damage that rogues do and give strong control/CC abilities to the rogue class and perhaps 1 or 2 other classes (but keep our role unique from them) rather than every class having several CC capabilities and us putting out absurd amounts of damage. I'd love for our class to be wanted and needed for utility and control, I do NOT want to become a damage bot that runs around out of stealth all the time with no worries about taking dmg. These are my hopes for the direction of our class heading into MoP and beyond (strictly speaking PvP here, could care less about PvE). Not sure if any other PvP rogues out there agree with me on this but hopefully you do :)
04/29/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Müte
I don't want to hit like a wet noodle, no thanks.

And you're entitled to your preferences, I can respect that. Though I also do not want to hit like a wet noodle either, I just know that eventually they will attempt to balance us and we wont hit as hard as we do now, I'd rather our specialty be utility and control rather than damage, it's inevitable that we cant have top utility AND damage forever...
If what you're saying were to happen at all you would cripple the usefulness of Rogues in PvE overall because they wouldn't have the damage to back up the survival aspects we are known for and leave us a almost a pure PvP class. I'd rather keep the way it is right now because it currently isn't 'broken' or 'overpowered' and is 'working as intended'.
if you want to hit like a wet noodle with more control...... spec combat!
04/29/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Kiwe
If what you're saying were to happen at all you would cripple the usefulness of Rogues in PvE overall because they wouldn't have the damage to back up the survival aspects we are known for and leave us a almost a pure PvP class. I'd rather keep the way it is right now because it currently isn't 'broken' or 'overpowered' and is 'working as intended'.

Yea I realize there'd be a balancing issue as they try to juggle PvE and PvP, I was speaking only from a PvP perspective, it was more of a "wishful thinking" post, I do not know how they would keep rogues useful in PvE if those changes were to be made and I won't try to theorycraft in regards to that. I play this game for PvP and for PvP alone so my post was kind of selfish :) The only thing I know is that they could keep rogues from bringing PvE gear into arenas...
04/29/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Röznie
if you want to hit like a wet noodle with more control...... spec combat!

Though I also do not want to hit like a wet noodle
@ Original poster because i didn't read anything else.

I think you're wrong. Leave the damage and control and take the survivability. We aren't meant to be PVP tanks. Rogues have always done insane burst and CC and that's how it needs to be to keep the good rogues good and the bad ones from acting like they are good.

Note: I consider myself kind of bad and I don't like that I can just spam recup and "LOL vanish", "LOL CR evasion", "LOL burst burst cloak burst" without even thinking about dying for a good amount of time. It makes me a rejected dummy and I find myself playing a lot stupider than I had to in Wrath or BC to do decent.
@ Original poster because i didn't read anything else.

I think you're wrong. Leave the damage and control and take the survivability. We aren't meant to be PVP tanks. Rogues have always done insane burst and CC and that's how it needs to be to keep the good rogues good and the bad ones from acting like they are good.

Note: I consider myself kind of bad and I don't like that I can just spam recup and "LOL vanish", "LOL CR evasion", "LOL burst burst cloak burst" without even thinking about dying for a good amount of time. It makes me a rejected dummy and I find myself playing a lot stupider than I had to in Wrath or BC to do decent.
I don't want to be a pvp tank either... I kind of made that explicit in my post when I said,
I do NOT want to become a damage bot that runs around out of stealth all the time with no worries about taking dmg.
I notice that may be what you were actually getting at now that i read the whole thing, but your wording was off, IMO. Keep damage the same and maybe take stuns off DR. Nerf recup and other survival things, the way I see it. Nerfing damage is not a good thing for rogues, and I'm pretty sure you DID say to do that.
Only read first post, but from what I read here's what I have to say. No. I enjoy topping the chart in BG's.
04/29/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Legénd
Only read first post, but from what I read here's what I have to say. No. I enjoy topping the chart in BG's.
Lol.
04/29/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Jamalia
I find myself playing a lot stupider than I had to in Wrath or BC to do decent.

Well, at least BC. Mut/prep was faceroll imo. I found damage to be good enough (vs. health pools) in BC that I didn't need to stun lock a target to win. In Wrath, I had to drop sub and go mut/prep chain stun. It was so sad.

I think lots of long time players are just going to have to accept that the good old game has been destroyed for a game with broader appeal, which brings home more dollars. Enough is never enough in business today. This IS about business.

I didn't play Mut/prep outside of the occasional times I would get the urge to just tunnel vision and had a healer. That spec was and is the STUPIDEST optimal spec that rogues have ever been arm-twisted to play. I just played Sub and enjoyed not having any main attack that I couldn't do from behind (I would use shiv situationally if they were facing me and I couldn't help it). I tried the Hemo weapon swap macro, but screw blowing a whole GCD just to get it switched. Yeah, it was sub-optimal, and I kinda still sucked back then too, but was sooo much better than drooling on myself.
04/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Impotence

Yet still stuck in the 1200s

Since you never have broken 1500 you really have no room to talk.

The OP is correct in that we should be about control and not damage.