The current condition of spriests.

Arenas
05/01/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Fallengrace
it's unfortunately a little late for that. I actually didn't know that I should only be juking holy spells so thank you for that advice. :D

Reason being is no one is stoppign any damage by interupting you.

The only time I will interupt a spriest is during archangel when you pop wings.

And even then I prefer to kidney or garrote it instead.

05/01/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Fallengrace
Edit: Maybe one of my main problems is that I've yet to find a team/partner who knows how to effectively peel for me. I certainly agree that I need to improve my gameplay, and that's what I'm trying to do. Just trying to get some ideas on how to do that.

That can be a major part of it. The hunter I play Thug with is freaking amazing with timing his sacs for when Myself or the priest are getting bursted.

Having good partners def helps.
First of all you need to respec. you dont even have silence. Also noone said your going to be casting 100% of the game. there are gonna be times where you cant cast for 10secs to a min just because of burst on you. but you can still put out a little dmg with instant casts and keeping your healer out of cc with MD as much as possible.
Also just because you have some gear doesnt mean your just going to get 2200...(unless your a rogue with ledgs trololol). you still have to have a little bit of a brain.
its nice to see people still trying to improve but you need to get basics down before you can push for anything. learn to play with other people and burst when you know you will be able to. like if you get a good fear, or some sort of cc on dps sitting on you. Get used to getting trained prettymuch every comp a Spriest runs in they will b trained most of the game. just use interupt bar and learn to fake interrupts. your at the rating where people probably are just to stupid to kick in the first place so its not like it will matter.

I've already admitted several times in this thread that I need to improve. I don't expect to automatically be at 2200 because of my gear; I fully intend on working my way up like everyone else, just looking for some suggestions. The way you worded your response came accross very rude, just so you know. Also, in my OP, at the very end I mentioned that I am currently in my PVE spec for shadow..
05/01/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Snozyisback
Having good partners def helps.

although they help you cant always find them. and sometimes you have to play with people who are bad. and just kinda pick things up yourself.

Also the best way to improve is to always blame yourself. seems kinda weird but if you lose a game or anything like that try and figure out what you did wrong and learn how to fix it and improve from it. If you sit around blaming stupid partners or OP comps all day you will never improve.

and gear correctly. disc 4 peice is a must just start over pmuch. and reforge. the more haste the better pmuch.
05/01/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Fallengrace
I feel like with my gear I should be capable of acheiving a high rating (2200+)

if I can just hone my skills, and learn to play with the right comp.

hone my skills
05/01/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Avaira
I feel like with my gear I should be capable of acheiving a high rating (2200+)

if I can just hone my skills, and learn to play with the right comp.

hone my skills

lol I'm not really sure what the point of you posting that was

other then with the perfect cd line up you can do like 100k dmg in a matter of a few seconds...or in wotlk when you could offheal for pmuch same amount as a healer and then turn around and do a 10k mindblast..(not saying it was OP but just stateing they werent bad at all)

I call spriests Bi-casters, cause they go both ways..get it?

Even more so in MoP, with the glyph of dark mending we can cast flash heal while in shadow form. I am looking forward to that very much!
05/01/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Semlow
although they help you cant always find them. and sometimes you have to play with people who are bad. and just kinda pick things up yourself.

Making friends with good players or joining a PvP guild really helps with that.

05/01/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Semlow
Also the best way to improve is to always blame yourself. seems kinda weird but if you lose a game or anything like that try and figure out what you did wrong and learn how to fix it and improve from it. If you sit around blaming stupid partners or OP comps all day you will never improve.

This also sounds weird but the reason why alot of higher exp players are "elitist" is because you have to keep that confidence and zone going on.

Calling people trash ect helps keep in that zone because once you start thinking, "damn im playing like !@#$" is when you start to play worse.
This also sounds weird but the reason why alot of higher exp players are "elitist" is because you have to keep that confidence and zone going on.

Calling people trash ect helps keep in that zone because once you start thinking, "damn im playing like !@#$" is when you start to play worse.

An interesting take, I've never thought about it that way.
05/01/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Meekaã
wish I could join a guild with decent pvpers

Me too :/

Edit: Although something tells me that your post was a joke, and that you're in the same guild as Snozzy lol.
05/01/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Snozyisback
I do feel that shadow priests are in a really bad place right now,

lul what?

What I mean is most people don't fall for my jukes. Also when I juke I'm, in essense, interrupting myself and thus still doing no damage/offhealing. I do use InterruptBar, but I suppose I could watch more closely when their interrupts are on CD.

You should never be juking shadow spells. If you get locked out jsut spam mindspike till the lockout is over.

You juke Holy spells

SPriests are no where near a bad spot. You just need to properly gear and change a couple aspects of how you play.

Yeah bro.. When that mellee gets on you, juke a smite or holy fire...and yeah, Spam mindspike to remove current dots, this rogue knows his stuff.
Because VT isn't priority to get off on making healers think twice..
Ret wings<Spriests wings

in recent discoveries i made shadow priest below 2k doesn't mass dispel their healers out of CC
05/01/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Snappysnap

lul what?

You should never be juking shadow spells. If you get locked out jsut spam mindspike till the lockout is over.

You juke Holy spells

SPriests are no where near a bad spot. You just need to properly gear and change a couple aspects of how you play.

Yeah bro.. When that mellee gets on you, juke a smite or holy fire...and yeah, Spam mindspike to remove current dots, this rogue knows his stuff.

The main thing that sucks about only juking holy spells is that it pulls me out of shadow form so I'm taking 15% more damage than I would normally be taking, then I can't spam mind spike until I use a GCD getting back into shadow form, it's just really time consuming. I'm not extremely worried about my dots being removed because their damage doesn't exactly pose a big threat imho. : /
Ret wings<Spriests wings

in recent discoveries i made shadow priest below 2k doesn't mass dispel their healers out of CC

What can mass dispel do to get a healer out of a CC that a normal dispel couldn't accomplish? Can you mass dispel a cyclone or something?

The main thing that sucks about only juking holy spells is that it pulls me out of shadow form so I'm taking 15% more damage than I would normally be taking, then I can't spam mind spike until I use a GCD getting back into shadow form, it's just really time consuming. I'm not extremely worried about my dots being removed because their damage doesn't exactly pose a big threat imho. : /

positioning is EXTREMELY important in arena and VT effects their positioning drastically, you need to take advantage of it when they dispel

Thanks for your response. What position should I typically be going for as a spriest? Next to a pillar so I can los casters?