[Suggestion] Impale

Warrior
So I thought of, what I think is, a really fun ability and warriors of all specs can use it. Impale was just the name i thought of, it's a warrior talent, and just sounds cool.

Anywho:

Impale -20 Rage - Range 8-30 yards - The warrior throws his main hand weapon, inflicting X% based damage. The weapon impales the target, stunning it for 3 seconds. Generates a moderate amount of threat.

This could be used by all 3 specs, for pve, and can help fix some Warrior issues in PvP. Obviously, the stun wouldn't work on bosses.
So I thought of, what I think is, a really fun ability and warriors of all specs can use it. Impale was just the name i thought of, it's a warrior talent, and just sounds cool.

Anywho:

Impale -20 Rage - Range 8-30 yards - The warrior throws his main hand weapon, inflicting X% based damage. The weapon impales the target, Rooting it for 3 seconds. Generates a moderate amount of threat.

This could be used by all 3 specs, for pve, and can help fix some Warrior issues in PvP. Obviously, the stun wouldn't work on bosses.

fixed
Root would be better now that I think of it..how do you like it though?
Seriously? Ever hear of Stormbolt?
Will you take stormbolt or avatar?...and I'm not armorying you so I don't know if your prot or not.
impale would be good to have on live just until mop comes out. just add it into heroic throw
Make it so you throw a gnome instead of your weapon
05/02/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Prettyblack
Make it so you throw a gnome instead of your weapon

I 100% agree with this.
We have heroic throw. It may not root, but it does apply a stack of sunder armor. This is excellent for pvp and pve since sunders help the dps get better damage and the tanks establish threat. The root would make it too OP I am guessing. Not that being able to blink out of all stuns and cc's isn't OP.....no no.... :/ But with the glyph heroic throw is pretty close to being what you describe. Also, it has no minimum range.
Heroic Throw isn't remotely close to what the OP is suggesting.