Warmaster fire Bug worse then ever

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
After finally replenishing my raid group and looking to finish off the tier we are stuck on warmaster tonight...

Raiding Heroic DS Killing heroic warmaster, have it plenty of times before. Running into SEVERE bugs on the fire spawns. On the final attempt as a perfect example we had the boss land with almost no fire active and had the fire spread and spread and spread to the point it covered the whole ship as goriana left and there was nowhere left to stand safely.

As you can see in the below screenshot warmaster is on 30% and the fire is litterally EVERYWHERE....

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3616/wowscrnshot112411231210.jpg

This fight is ridiculous in this regard, when the fire doesn't bug we make it to phase 2 every attempt and kill it easily, but when the fire is bugging this severely the fights almost impossible...

The attempt before this one the first fire spawn covered 80% of the ship about 3 seconds after spawning.

Other times it barely does anything this is just nuts ...
We lost 1 raid night (yesterday) because of that stupid fire. We killed it after 2 hours when the fire on phase 2 was normal.
than, not then
There's a hidden mechanic (not mentioned in journal) where watered down fires need to be stomped out by running through them. When our group soaks properly and does this, we never have problems. We one shot it this week.
Willing to bet you along with 90% of the people who complain about warmaster heroic fire being bugged don't realize you can clear fire animation.

When the gnomes are spraying a spot with fire, most of the time for us the fire animation remains. You can remove it simply by running over the spot, even a few seconds after the water spraying has stopped.

You don't take any damage running through those fire patches because there's no fire, just animation. Spots with real fire will do damage to you.
05/03/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Onoudientt
watered down fires need to be stomped out by running through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vmEzMUjPvo#t=00m11s

?
Running over the fire? This only spread it more. At least for us.
05/03/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Tarvos

That's not possible unless you completely abandoned soaking barrages while doing this and got back to back deckfires.

Or... you were blindly running through fire and not running through those that the gnomes had put out.
You don't randomly just run over any fire. You run over ones that are being watered down.
This fight requires the most environmental awareness of any fight in this instance especially dpsers who have the added fun of sappers and flying drakes in addition to what's happening on the ship. If a couple people in your group. Don't do their part, the fire will get out of control quickly. Do what more experienced people are telling you to do. Execute it perfectly and come back and tell me fire is still bugged.

We've been there. It appears random and buggy, but it's not once you figure it out.
05/03/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Onoudientt

That's not possible unless you completely abandoned soaking barrages while doing this and got back to back deckfires.

Or... you were blindly running through fire and not running through those that the gnomes had put out.

Yesterday we got all but one barrage. When boss landed, the ship was complete on fire.
I give up. Omg it's so bugged. Idk how we one shot it every week. Our warlock must be consistant with his sacrifices to the RNG gods.
Last night we had 3 fire patches from 100-15% of the ship, and those 3 went away in the p2 transition.

was barely different from normal mode.

The attempt before we the same exact setup, we had the entire deck covered before the 25% fire came.

It's not consistent as you say, we've tried stomping fires in the past, and it doesn't work like you make it sound.
This fight is very frustrating with the Fire as is stands currently. We also tried the 'running through hosed fire' technique mentioned above last night, and it still spread all over the place.

Granted, by no means want to denounce it and say that it was not attributed to player error with the spread.

However, all this aside. Will Blizz please, (for the love of all that is good) just put forth a hotfix so that the gnomes do their job and put out fire without having to / not having to run through fire that may or may not be active?
Many raiders have been complaining about this problem for some time now without it being corrected or event mentioned by a developer. Same with Thrall randomly deciding to sacrifice raid members when jumping between platforms on Madness. I would suggest forgetting about it, Blizzard has already redirected their resources to Mists by the looks of it.

If you delay killing the last dragon add for as long as possible before Blackhorn drops to the deck it seems to make the fire despawn faster but you will still have at least one or two shockwaves to deal with in fire. If you are a horde player I would suggest going out of your way to kill Alliance gnomes in retaliation for their fire fighting brethren having even worse AI than shaman elementals.
I heard if you stand near the fire, ie anywhere close it spreads.
I've definitely noticed it spreading/chasing people when they stand near it. We did get lucky spawns of the fire last week, no one went near it and it barely spread of course we also could have just been lucky so its completely anecdotal evidence.
Blizzard left the building with their pinky on the dial for the 5%, the bugs would have been fixed quickly in any other tier, but DS has received nearly no attention since the 25h Yorsahj nerf and the 5% buff being turned on.
I know I am wasting my breath on this, but pls Blizz, fix this encounter so that fire gnomes do their job!
I used to love the way that blizzard cared for their games but this is trash and annoying as hell... What confidence that D3 will be looked after after day 1 when no doubt it's going to be a mess...